honestly, i find idea scarily good at reading my mind of what method i want to call next. and it usually just takes a couple letters for it to narrow down what i'm looking for pretty precisely.
but, i think what you may be looking for is the "sort lookup items lexicographically" option, in the settings window under editor / general / code completion. this always sorts the list by the name, rather than by predicting a few things to put at the top.
you can read more about it and the other code completion options in the intellij idea documentation.
- Intellij IDEA how to order methods after pressing Ctrl+space by order without already used
- How to make IntelliJ IDEA highlight the implemented methods of an interface
- How to fix IntelliJ IDEA method parameter auto-completion?
- How to add a project to build path in IntelliJ Idea
- How to jump out of brackets in IntelliJ IDEA
- How to view multiple projects in one window in IntelliJ IDEA IDE?
- How to import Intellij IDEA keymaps into eclipse?
- Can Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA use the same workspace without conflict?
- How to import a Android Library in Intellij Idea CE?
- How (if possible) can I configure Eclipse with Intellij IDEA keyboard shortcuts?
- How intellij idea sort imports by default?
- How to indent/shift a line of code or a block of code in IntelliJ IDEA
- How to set IntelliJ Idea to run simple java application?
- How to import Eclipse user libraries into IntelliJ Idea
- How to make IntelliJ IDEA display colors for different occurrences in the side bars
- How to configure properly Jython project in IntelliJ IDEA
- How can I configure IntelliJ IDEA to format block comments like Eclipse does?
- How to properly configure jRebel on Intellij IDEA on a spring boot project:
- How to setup Equinox OSGI framework in IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1 on Mac OS
- How to add plugin (ibm content navigator) to intellij idea
- How to use workspace in IntelliJ IDEA
- Eclipse: How do I turn on Context Information automatically without pressing cntrl+shift+space
- IntelliJ IDEA methods parameters not displaying correctly
- How to view methods in textual order in Eclipse, for navigation in editor?
- IntelliJ Idea - How to specify options while generating domain objects from DB tables
- How to Configure IntelliJ IDEA 14 for your migration from Eclipse
- Lombok not working in intellij idea 18.1 version after importing eclipse gradle spring boot project
- How do I specificy the order of execution for methods in my testing?
- C++ Class Constructor Argument: How to access members and methods from another class instance without copying?
- How to have IntelliJ formatter wrap code after the . separator?
More Query from same tag
- How to package some classes of a project into a jar?
- Error : Failed to load WS-Security Policy definition from classpath resource: META-INF/policy.xml
- How to override standard ActionBar function?
- How to add Widgets to GridLayout dynamically,how to make tableviewer resizable
- Button Takes Up My Whole Screen
- limit number of editors windows in STS (eclipse)
- Hide empty folders and other files in Eclipse CDT
- Map one stream to another stream and close the first when the second closes
- Eclipse Debug not opening window
- Debugger / Profiler for Eclipse?
- Android editor Using Eclipse Link XML views to edit code and view graphic?
- Why eclipse does not warn about using classes from newer java versions?
- Exporting to .jar file and running in Windows cmd - JNI error?
- Search an Array for a user input
- Android Device doesn't show up in Eclipse
- develop eclipse plugin for existing desktop application
- Eclipse Open Any file (similar to Open Type CTRL+SHIFT+T)
- Drupal in Eclipse Helios PHP: 2 points
- using txt file in eclipse & java
- How to add an existing git repository (without an eclipse project) into eclipse?
- how to let eclipse show package together in macbook?
- Typo correction in IntelliJ
- Troubles with a math formula - Java
- How get Eclipse to find attributes and methods?
- Why Collections.min(Arrays.asList(new Base(), new Base())) gives a strange compile error (Eclipse)?
- unable to use color.xml file in eclipse
- My first bit of coding, but i have no clue if it's right
- How to use Sliding Activity and Fragment Activity in a single class?
- Eclipse debugger not stoping Java 1.6.0
- Customizing Editor Workbench by Adding Title Eclipse GMF