how can i dump the content of method argument with openj9 xtrace option?
your option only enables entry, exit, and exception method trace tracepoints. method arguments are printed under a different tracepoint. if you use this option instead you should see the additional trace entries containing the arguments.
however, while the values of primitive arguments are shown in the trace, when the argument is an object you will only see the address of the object on the java heap. for example, when tracing calls to
*.println() you will see something like this:
15:31:13.710 0x33acc00 mt.18 - this: java/io/printstream@00000000fff04ae0 method arguments: (java/lang/string@00000000e0002768)
my understanding is that the limitation is due to the architecture of the xtrace engine, and the performance impact of resolving objects such as strings and storing them in the trace buffers.
while addresses can be extremely useful for locating objects of interest in the java heap, for example when using eclipse memory analyzer to look at an associated system dump, xtrace cannot provide the functionality you are aiming for.
a alternative approach would be to use a java agent to modify (instrument) the
org/eclipse/jgit/api/clonecommand class at runtime to add logging code to the
- How to dump the content of method argument with OpenJ9 Xtrace Option
- ctrl-click goes to the declaration of the method I clicked. For interfaces with one implementation, how can I just directly go to that implementation?
- Eclipse: how to update a JUnit test file with newly added method in the source file?
- How to get the enclosing method node with JDT?
- I have a method with @Override, how can I see the declaring interface?
- How to implement a UI update method that works both with the UI thread and other threads in Eclipse?
- How to return a typed list from a method with the Eclipse EMF?
- How do I analyze the memory dump I created with Game Guardian?
- How to make Eclipse RUN patched JRE modules on JDK9+ with the —patch-module java option
- How to double click the item to open the default editor with the content by using ResourceNavigator in RCP?
- How to send random class to the new method as an argument
- how do i create an array with the name passed on to it in a method arg (in java)
- How can I use the HTML Editor with JSP content in Eclipse Luna? Getting Unsupported Content Type error
- shortcut : how to get eclipse to go to the ONLY implementation of an interface's method
- How to indent the fluent interface pattern "correctly" with eclipse?
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- How can I get the "Eclipse >Generate>Jaxb classes" option back?
- How can I automatically update the Javadoc when changing the method signature in Eclipse?
- How do I find the correct Maven archetype project for developing with Scala in Eclipse?
- How to use the "sysout" snippet in Eclipse with selected text?
- How to find the overridden method in Eclipse?
- How do you automate the installation of Eclipse plugins with command line?
- How to install the GlassFish 3 server adapter with Eclipse Helios 3.6
- how to sum @retainedHeapSize with oql in the Eclipse Memory Analyzer Tool
- How do I modify the set method signature that Eclipse auto generates?
- How can I fix "Compilation unit name must end with .java, or one of the registered Java-like extensions"?
- How to set up the Eclipse for remote C debugging with gdbserver?
- How make toString() method return Super Class private fields also along with its instance fields?
- How to run maven from eclipse with the -e switch
- How to use the webservice-client classes generated with Eclipse?
More Query from same tag
- Importing Existing Android Project into Eclipse: SRC and Loading XML Errors
- Eclipse direct shortcut instead of yellow popup?
- accessing heroku database with hibernate eclipse plugin
- Maven project not running, main class invalid or missing error
- The container Android Dependencies references non existing library /home/user/workspace/appcompat_v7/bin/appcompat_v7.jar
- How to get attributes from an Object type in Java
- The content of element type "..." must match in web.xml
- Http error 500 with GWT web application
- How do I display java.lang.* object allocations in Eclipse profiler?
- cannot pass remote commnds (ssh) using Runtime.Exec
- How to prevent Eclipse+Tomcat from running current class instead of project (Vaadin)
- Project Utility Jar is not being added while generating EAR
- Checkstyle for PHP as Eclipse Plugin
- How to Copy format from remote CVS to local file eclipse?
- Eclipse 3.8: Call Hierarchy misses callers from jars
- eclipse many little boxes under the main window
- Should Eclipse-specific files in an VCS be ignored, if using Maven?
- NoClassDefFoundError running HashMap definition in Eclipse
- Importing / Exporting android library eclipse
- Run spring project in eclipse
- Eclipse formatter to keep One-Liners
- Replace two strings without overriding the other value
- How can I update Maven Index manually?
- Why I'm getting different results using url and absolute file name?
- How can I review 'git diff' of staging change in git eclipse
- Android application is not copied to the device memory under Eclipse
- Trying to develop Android app in Eclipse that uses Spotify APIs
- Eclipse showing variables in other objects
- How can an Eclipse plugin programmatically change JSDT's default formatter template?
- Error in imports of eclipse - developing android