while these are set to be ignored in eclipse's
preferences > team > ignored resources
this has nothing to do with git or git-related eclipse views like staging view's unstaged changes panel.
you would need to put those filenames into a .gitignore in order for them to not appear in that panel.
then switch back to your eclipse, and see if the staging view's unstaged changes panel has still elements it should not display.
you can check if an untracked file is actually ignored with:
git check-ignore -v -- .classpath
switching back to eclipse after editing the
.gitignorefile is not quite enough.
in the git staging view, you also need to hit the refresh button (upper right, just past the "
filter files" textbox.
in my case, i checked out the documentation at git-scm.com/docs/gitignore and added "
**target/**" (without quotes) using notepad++.
after i hit the refresh button, the git staging showed exactly what it was supposed to (i.e. got rid of all the
- Egit staging view shows ignored resources
- Assume Unchanged files not appearing in EGit Staging View
- Eclipse eGit : History view only shows local history, not remote history
- Are Ignored Resources broken for EGit 2.1.0 and Eclipse 4.2.1?
- Egit shows all files as changed
- How can I view the history of a single branch in EGit for eclipse
- Git shows files changed, but EGit does not
- How to select repository for staging view in Eclipse Luna 4.4?
- Team->Commit in Eclipse shows resources from a symlinked directory. How to ignore?
- How to get src folder under project-root folder in github when staging from eclipse using egit
- Can I define a view in eclipse which shows html files?
- In Eclipse, is there a view that shows members of the currently selected element
- server view no longer shows server status
- Eclipse compiles correctly but shows error in 'Problems' view
- EGit Eclipse shows modifications even after git hard reset
- Git: egit shows wrong information
- Eclipse Kepler > EGit Shows Differences in non Changed Files
- Scroll View in Android shows up when I scroll it
- How to edit ignored resources in Eclipse Kepler? (.cvsignore)
- Markers view shows my marker with a red square insted of error/warning icon
- Is it possible to get the view the .java, .xml, and the image resources in eclipse from an app downloaded in the app market?
- EGit shows "up arrow" even if repository is up-to-date
- I cannot view any folders (or it shows it as empty) in my ddms - at data/data - even though the file path saves to that location
- egit project + branch name huge font on Git Staging tab
- eGIT and Eclipse : how to set a file to be ignored with GUI interactivity
- Egit listed every file that was built in compare view after I run Ant to build the project
- Eclipse EGit plugin - Submodule compare with HEAD revision shows blank HEAD file
- How to view hierarchical package structure in Eclipse package explorer
- Can Eclipse refresh resources automatically?
- Where can I view Tomcat log files in Eclipse?
More Query from same tag
- IntelliJ run single Java file
- Gen folder is empty for Android project
- Fatal Error: Invalid Layout of java.lang.String at value
- “Error occurred during initialization of VM; Could not reserve enough space for object heap” using -Xmx3G
- How to import com.google.cloud.datastore in Eclipse?
- Following lines of code
- How to add a secret function for application's privacy
- Android custom dialog gives an error
- Perfectly Fine Working Eclipse Project throws 404 on Tomcat
- Why do I have to import manually javax package in a Maven project?
- How to set the editor window tab width in eclipse? (not whitespaces)
- How to manually install WTP in Eclipse?
- ld: Symbol(s) not found… but they are there…
- Refactor & Reference Similar alternatives in eclipse/aptana/netbeans?
- View list of all packages in workspace via eclipse
- How to delete same sms that was captured on onReceive method
- How do I easily add a new method in Eclipse?
- Eclipse : how we take arguments for main when run
- Notification for android giving error for Notification class
- How can I include a local Java program within a GWT based project?
- make Eclipse equals() / hashCode() use getters
- Share all settings from all Eclipse workspaces
- how to Inherit components?
- Difference between Run in eclipse and going to the project folder and using the .jar
- Groovy version 2.4.2 for Eclipse
- Highlight syntax of generic types in Visual Studio
- Is there a Web Server plugin for Eclipse?
- Calculate earnings by giving hourly employees time and a half for hours over 40 and wage times hour
- Android Paho + CloudMQTT EOFException as soon as I connect
- Can Eclipse (or any IDE) introduce type parameters to an existing type