right now you'd have to add the separate automated tests download to do this, and only in the 3.1 branch, but it enables a "show translation" command through ctrl+shift+9. beware that the translation generated isn't 100% the same as the server would create at runtime--it's not intended to be executed. also, the most recent 3.0.3 builds contain fixes to the translator that should clear up these kinds of problems (nested variables + self-closing tags). 3.0.3 is due in november and should update cleanly into ganymede sr1.
i've seen the eclipse jsp editor get really confused over almost nothing. you said the problem goes away if you remove the tag. does it come back if you put the tag back? i know that eclipse 3.3 sometimes had some issues with jsp files where opening them, and forcing a save would clear the file of error messages (i haven't tried 3.4 yet). maybe that's what's happening to you. other than that, do you have all the proper includes / xml namespaces defined in the files?
i'm having exactly same problem with jsp and
<stripes:errors/> tag in ganymede. with europa, there were no errors. now it displays a couple of weird syntax errors on the problems pane. but as silvaran stated it's just cosmetic, since the project builds correctly and works. it's still annoying though.
- Eclipse's WTP translation output
- Logging output in Eclipse WTP server
- How do I increase the capacity of the Eclipse output console?
- How to output messages to the Eclipse console when developing for Android
- How can we redirect a Java program console output to multiple files?
- Eclipse WTP vs sydeo, " serves modules without publishing "
- Eclipse error: This project needs to migrate WTP metadata
- How to copy logcat output to clipboard?
- Eclipse WTP plugin no Apache Tomcat adapter
- How can I stop the LogCat output from scrolling automatically in Eclipse?
- difference between clean and clean working directory in Eclipse WTP with Tomcat
- Export eclipse console view output to text file
- Eclipse CDT using MinGW does not output in console
- How do I get verbose output from Maven in the Eclipse console?
- Easiest way to Filter Eclipse Console Output text
- Log4j output not displayed in Eclipse console
- In Eclipse, how can I exclude some files (maybe based on the .svn extension or filename) from being copied to the output folder?
- How to display console.log() output in PhoneGap app using Eclipse and HTC Desire HD?
- Eclipse console doesn't show the whole output
- Eclipse 3.4.1 - how to view compiler output in Console while building a project
- How to copy plugins between two eclipses
- Enlarging font size in console output in Eclipse
- How can I redirect JNI console output to Eclipse Console view, when Eclipse plugin uses JNI?
- How to add Tomcat 8 to Eclipse Kepler without installing the big whole WTP package
- External output folder in eclipse
- Best ways to deal with properties values in XML file in Spring, Maven and Eclipses
- Eclipse WTP not publishing Maven dependencies
- System.out.print() doesn't send any output to Eclipse console. Why?
- How to change default Eclipse WTP "Web Resources" dynamic folder
- How can I make Eclipse output std:out to a standard windows console
More Query from same tag
- mvn command not found in eclipse but works on terminal
- Error parsing XML: Not Well Formed in the Strings file
- Auto-align "=" in assignments
- android no applications can perform this action error
- New ADT 23.0.6 in android.com for eclipse
- Maven trouble during project creation in Eclipse Mare
- Eclipse: How to retrieve a resource from a bundle
- Content assist in Eclipse does not work for EL in JSP files
- What is "remote debugging" on tomcat?
- Eclipse DTP new driver definition
- Window Tester Pro for eclipse based application (AUT)
- The resource is not on the build path of a java project?
- Eclipse dsl application cannot hide unused perspective
- Eclipse support for refactoring train wrecks
- Subclipse how to overwrite changed files
- Java: Eclipse crashes(linux)
- Object function won't execute in PHP
- Getting the class of List<T>
- Can't print the result on the eclipse console
- Using different revisions of multiple android library projects in multiple client projects (in Eclipse)
- Broadcast service not getting called
- Eclipse Subversive new files automatically added to version control
- Is hot code replace supposed to work for Groovy in Eclipse?
- Eclipse Search Reference Across workspace
- selenium webdriver later than 2.29.1 not working in maven
- How to create graph without using JFreeChart?
- Exception while Glassfish server started
- Java - Reading a frame in OpenCV
- Microsoft Visual C++ Build Tools compiler with Eclipse
- Java: image not loading in Eclipse