this can happen if already an instance of tomcat server is running on the port(default is 8080). kindly run below command in command prompt
to list down the list of process and the port they acquire that are running currently and see if there a process running on the port that your tomcat server is trying to acquire.
if yes, kill it and run the server again
had the same problem with tomcat 7 (liferay server), seems to be a compatibility bug in eclipse, i had to change to a lower version of eclipse.
i don't know how this worked, but merely restarting the pc and cleaning eclipse's tomcat server solved this issue.
also, if at any point of time there is a security alert asking permission to allow java to access public or private networks, check all the boxes.
- Eclipse Tomcat server does not start
- Eclipse : Starting tomcat server from eclipse , does not start the deployed wars
- Eclipse webapp project does not start properly on Tomcat anymore after a PC restart
- Sonarqube eclipse plugin server does not start
- 'Starting Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost' does not start
- Tomcat 8 does not appear in Eclipse server list
- Java application post action works in Eclipse Tomcat but does not work on local Tomcat server
- Tomcat server does not start with DCEVM patched JRE
- eclipse can not start up my tomcat server, how to turn the server on
- Tomcat in Eclipse does not start servlet anymore: migrating Jersey 2.32 -> 3.0.1
- after adding org.apache.poi on pom.xml tomcat server on eclipse is not start
- Eclipse Does not show Tomcat server logs in terminal console
- Apache Tomcat Not Showing in Eclipse Server Runtime Environments
- Eclipse does not start when I run the exe?
- Eclipse tomcat error: Document base does not exist or is not a readable directory
- Why when I rename a project in Eclipse does Tomcat not pick up the new resource name?
- When not to use this server location when using tomcat within Eclipse
- Apache Tomcat 9 Not Showing in Eclipse Server Runtime Environments
- Eclipse maven-enabled web app references workspace projects, but those are not deployed when running Tomcat server
- Eclipse Neon Does Not Start
- Tomcat server wont start in eclipse due to servlet
- Eclipse IDE does not start
- Eclipse Luna - Getting error - 'Could not publish server configuration for Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost. Multiple Contexts have a path of "/abc"
- Run on server option does not display in eclipse helios for spring-maven project
- Tomcat 7 server not visible in eclipse
- Tomcat server within eclipse not working for Gradle build project
- Eclipse Mars integration with WAS Liberty server 184.108.40.206 does not recognize some Java EE 6 installed features
- Application will not run on Tomcat Server within Eclipse
- Tomcat server not listed on Target Runtime on eclipse Neon
- can not start jboss server in eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Xtext formatting2 API - Interior indentation of an EList<EObject> feature
- How to install a custom plug-in in Eclipse Ganymede?
- Remove RePast buttons from all Eclipse-perspectives not related to RePast
- Visual editor IDEA for JSP
- How to get input value by using class?
- How to modify classpath and src/bin directory in wizard?
- Eclipse ADT produces infinite error messages in logcat when running on device
- ADB - VirtualBox connection
- Android Apps using python
- android display lots of text
- debugging map-struct generated source code
- "Class is Already defined" error
- Persist data in local storage google app engine with Junit + eclipse
- android call function from another class
- Launch terminal from eclipse
- Multiple dex files define Landroid/support/v4/accessibilityservice/AccessibilityServiceInfoCompat$AccessibilityServiceInfoVersionImpl;
- git-receive-pack not permitted on Push
- Setting max size of window in eclipse rcp
- One or more required project facets are missing from the project
- Unwanted Dead Code Warning in Eclipse
- Didn't find class “com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider, While upgrading the apk from eclipse with studio build
- Mysterious error that only appears when declaring the last array
- Invalid escape sequence Eclipse String error
- How do develop a Java web application without having to deploy all the time
- problem in building workSpace in eclipse
- In eclipse I a getting the API level 20 .I want ot use lower versions of API
- How to use a compiled Clojure class in Eclipse with Counterclockwise
- Eclipse C Project Override Make Command with Command Chain
- How not to repeat test cases
- How do I draw a circle on Eclipse for Android Development?