i'd recommend getting the logfile tools plugin for eclipse: http://sourceforge.net/projects/logfiletools/
it gives you a new log file view that you can add word-based highlighting and essentially tail any file (such as the tomcat log). i usually have it highlight errors in red, for example so they pop out when viewing the log.
the other alternative is to actually start tomcat from within eclipse. you can do this via the eclipse web tools (a bit heavy) or the sysdeo tomcat launcher plugin (lightweight but doesn't do much but launch and update contexts)
hope this helps!
- Eclipse 3.4 + Tomcat 6.0 + Remote Debugging with Console Output
- Remote debugging Tomcat with Eclipse
- Remote Debugging with JPDA won't connect to Tomcat through eclipse when using Docker-Compose
- Remote debugging on Tomcat with Eclipse
- remote debugging with maven tomcat and eclipse
- Remote debugging Tomcat with Eclipse - breakpoints ignored
- Remote Debugging Tomcat 7 with Eclipse Mars on MacOS X
- How to set up the Eclipse for remote C debugging with gdbserver?
- Remote debugging C++ applications with Eclipse CDT/RSE/RDT
- How to do remote debugging with Eclipse CDT without gdbserver?
- Java JVM Eclipse remote debug with a console enabled
- Eclipse Remote debugging with jboss
- How to setup remote debugging with Eclipse and PyDev
- remote debugging a jnlp application with eclipse
- Eclipse debugging with input from console
- Remote debugging C++ application with Eclipse GUI
- How to capture console output of Eclipse plugin with custom Launch Configuration?
- Eclipse CDT Console output not showing up in debug with path and not showing up in run without path
- How can I output execution display to console in Eclipse for remote C++?
- Remote C debugging with Eclipse
- Debugging a remote Java application with Eclipse as the server (Socket listen)
- Debugging in Eclipse with remote GDB
- Remote Development Workflow with Tomcat and Eclipse
- Debugging remote application in Eclipse using Tomcat
- Eclipse remote debugging doesn't work with hadoop in pseudo-distributed mode
- Tomcat 8 running on Linux with remote debug connection ESTABLISHED from Eclipse but breakpoint doesn't stop
- Remote debugging error with eclipse CDT
- View remote Tomcat logs in Eclipse Console
- Can't get PyDev remote debugging to work with Eclipse
- Glassfish 3.1 remote debugging with Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Is CVS with Eclipse using the command line possible?
- Facebook reference is unavailable for my project
- Error while building spring boot project
- Java / Eclipse - Determine possible Exceptions without forcing them?
- Liferay Module Project Fragment, missing Liferay Runtime Name
- How to loop a jar file requiring arguments endlessly with a batch file?
- Android: Media player, Significance of context?
- Eclipse Error: Error parsing ...\android-22\android-wear\armeabi-v7a\devices.xml
- How do you combine two tabs into one floating window in Intellij?
- eclipse gradle Could not run phased build action
- No option to submit and retrieve SAP UI5 application in ABAP Repository
- Eclipse - JUnit - An internal error occurred during: "Launching MyMavenModule". NullPointerException
- Higher buttons in lay-out
- Dependencies and Library(JAR) Download,Concept
- Create a Eclipse Plug-in in Java 8
- Eclipse won't recognise break points in included files
- PyDev selected source folder is not recognized as a valid source folder
- TestNG cannot contact RemoteTestNG on Eclipse
- What is the best way to profile a Java application in Eclipse?
- Setting up AlarmManager and NumberFormatException?
- extracting unicode text from mysql to java
- DEADLINE_EXCEEDED when try to use AutoML Vision client with Google Cloud Platform
- Plug-in Based RCP Product build won't run after adding Guava to dependencies
- Eclipse maven ear project deployment
- Extra space between code view and outline view in Eclipse
- Java export with external libraries and Ant errors
- How to retrieve subproperty of a data property in OWL API 4.0
- How to read JSON data file
- Synchronize an Eclipse project with Google Drive
- Defining a Task Type in jBPM6 (in Eclipse)