you could serialize the object graph to a file -- if all of the connected obejcts are serializable.
i have done this myself by writing a
testutils.serialize(serializable, string) method. i have used internally apache's serializationutils and where the string is a file path.
use this when execution has stopped on a breakpoint:
- open the display view
- call the
serialize()method with the appropriate args
later you can deserialze the file to the object graph again (e.g. in a unit test ) and then inspect it or extract portions of it or whatever.
if not all objects are serializable you need to beef up your
serialize() to handle these cases or use some other generic serialization library that can handle such stuff.
other alternatives are, but probably insufficient for your problem:
- write a custom to
string()for the debug/expression view that only contains the really needed values
- use a screenshot tool like greenshot
- Copy entire tree of an object in Eclipse Debug mode
- How Class loading takes place when we modify some object in eclipse debug mode
- Determine if a java application is in debug mode in Eclipse
- Speeding up Tomcat in debug mode with Eclipse IDE
- How can I get Eclipse to index an entire C/C++ source tree that contains multiple "make projects"?
- Eclipse runs debug mode even when I click "run"
- How to view SQL database in Eclipse Debug mode for android
- Starting WebLogic 9.2 Managed Server in debug mode in Eclipse
- Eclipse Start Weblogic in debug Mode error : “Failed to connect to remote VM”
- How can I format an entire source tree in Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede)?
- copy object from eclipse debugger
- How to Find out if Eclipse is running in debug mode
- Eclipse not highlighting current line in remote debug mode
- Eclipse doesn't stop in break points in debug mode
- "Source not found" message in Eclipse with JBoss at debug mode - breakpoint is in MY CODE
- Start Websphere Liberty in Debug mode and connect via Eclipse
- Eclipse not starting tomcat-7 server in debug mode
- Starting eclipse in Tomcat - Debug Mode - Timeout Error
- How to set a variable equal to null in debug mode within eclipse
- Stop Eclipse from automatically opening the debug perspective when starting server in debugging mode
- Android Eclipse Debug mode - Threads
- How to run an external tool in Eclipse in debug mode
- GDB on eclipse debug mode can't find stdlib/rand.c
- Eclipse to wildfly in debug mode - deployment timeouts after few times
- My copy of Eclipse doesn't know what an object or a String is
- Can't start applications in eclipse in debug mode on newly installed mac
- Eclipse keep deploying to device in debug mode
- Can't continue stepping in debug mode when reaching "printf" in eclipse
- Are there any Eclipse plugins to display a visual object graph in debug mode?
- eclipse CDT:copying library paths from debug to release mode
More Query from same tag
- Change the view of TabHost + Format buttons like a real keypad || Android
- mapToDouble is not applicable in Java
- Missing red underlines on undefined methods in Eclipse PDT
- VisualSVN over the internet Using MyEclipse access issue
- Converting a .jar into a Mac OS X app
- Developing a Java Eclipse project on both 32bit and 64bit Linux systems
- How to surround JTable with JScrollPane through windowbuilder?
- EAnnotation usage in ecore
- Dependency of one class on three interfaces Guice
- Pushed to last remote branch when switching branch
- Can't access resources from same directory in several projects with Class.getResource in eclipse
- Java editing program to println directly to SWT text widget instead of console
- Unable to launch a new activity.something to do with onAnimationEnd?
- How does Eclipse capture stdout from a process started with javaw.exe?
- Error: Unable to fnd class R.java No such file or dir
- Create object from private constructor - eclipse/java bug?
- Stop Eclipse/Subversive from setting svn:mime-type to text/plain on initial commit
- Android project cannot find third party libraries in Eclipse
- "Exception in thread "main" java.Lang.NullPointerException" Error
- Running the Eclipse Java formatter on the command line with eclipse 4.4
- configure RAP without Eclipse
- ClassNotFoundException In shared Object between Project
- Connection MySQL Eclipse error
- windows 7 ndk in eclipse Indigo throwing not valid win32
- "Error:Plugin is too old" What is wrong with this gradle?
- How to Handle view parts close tab in RCP
- Overriding default delete action in eclipse navigator view
- Eclipse can't fully parse Eigen C++ library, but it compiles ok
- Android R & layout error