workaround proposal: simply don't deal with svn within eclipse!
instead, you can use "git svn" on ubuntu.
meaning: with git svn you can create a local git repository, that allows you to commit/fetch to a remote svn server. but to your eclipse ... that repository looks a common of garden git repository.
in other words: using that tool, you can still connect to svn (although i don't understand why anybody would want to do that in 2016); but you have all the features of git available to you as well (including full support within eclipse; without installing any additional plugins).
we use subclipse in eclipse (kepler and mars) without problems (did you install subclipse or subversive?).
to check out projects as maven projects, you should install a m2e connector. subversive has one in the "discovery" catalog while for subclipse there is a separate update site.
if your eclipse plugin configuration is somehow broken, i would start again with a virgin eclipse (mars.1, mars.2 or neon) which already contains m2e in version 1.6 or 1.7. then you can install subclipse or subversive and try again.
- Conflict in Eclipse Mars with Maven and SVN?
- How can I get Eclipse work with Maven and SVN correctly?
- Java Dynamic Web project with Maven and Eclipse
- Eclipse issue with Maven build and JDK when generating Qclasses in Querydsl
- Create complete EAR Project with Maven and Eclipse Helios
- Missing tools-1.6.jar with Eclipse and Maven
- JAVA_HOME on OSX with Eclipse and Maven
- How to download sources and javadoc artifacts with Maven Eclipse plugin from other repository?
- Classpath trouble using JUnit with both Eclipse and Maven
- How do I use Eclipse Refactoring Tools and stay in sync with SVN through Subclipse?
- Eclipse Maven Build and Test with One Button
- Setup a GWT Project correctly with SVN and Eclipse
- Problem with Eclipse and a Maven multi-module project
- Run Tomcat with Maven and Eclipse - Unknown lifecycle phase
- maven with eclipse error "Path must include project and resource name"
- How to use scope "test" and junit correctly with maven and eclipse
- Eclipse issue with java 9 and maven
- Use Maven Compiler Plugin with Eclipse Compiler and Lombok
- Error while creating branches and tags with SVN from Eclipse
- Errors with Maven and Eclipse integration
- Is it possible to use SVN and CVS simultaneously with Eclipse
- Eclipse @NonNull annotations with Maven and Jenkins
- Eclipse Mars crashes when entering SVN settings with JavaHL library added
- java mixed with clojure in maven and eclipse
- Maven webapp with Eclipse and WTP plugin deploy files in stranges ways in Tomcat
- POM error when using ActionbarSherlock with Eclipse and Maven
- Eclipse sync with svn repo is not available for Maven import project
- Trying to understand how to work with Maven and Eclipse
- Slow SVN synchronization in Eclipse with a multi-module Maven project
- Best way to work with Java projects using Maven and Eclipse with embedded Tomcat?
More Query from same tag
- AVD not showing home screen
- How can I change selected item color in non editor panel of Eclise?
- Adding content to soap message(basic)
- The items in my TableLayout are not lining up in Eclipse
- How to search by method's fully qualified name in Eclipse
- Why is Gradle able to mock final classes?
- Get the PID for a process started by Eclipse
- GWT Greeting-Example not working / strange behavior
- jshint ignore:line with Eclipse issue
- Viewing a public Calendar in android
- ClassNotFound Exception : Maven in Eclipse is not working
- Eclipse commits not showing up on Git Contributions
- Eclipse wont open Android Xml files
- Disable HTML Warnings in Eclipse for Java EE developers edition
- How to move an eclipse (helios) project to a different workspace?
- resource warn java
- Eclipse : Does multiple workspace decrease the speed/performance of the eclipse?
- Android: Having trouble working with Camera source code
- Do not see run as script / run as web page option in PHP perspective
- Generate interface from solid class file in Eclipse
- Eclipse console text colors for black theme hardly readable
- How to change Eclipse Preferences programmatically
- How to get text from active editor in Eclipse PDE
- Playing a Video In Android App
- Using Google code formatter in Eclipse with GWT
- Xtext error: Registered resource factory is needed
- show loading activity progress bar in notification area
- goClipse: internal error executing preparing launch. reason: java.lang.NullPointerException why?
- JDeveloper alternative for eclipse shortcuts
- ICEfaces : No Factories configured for this Application exception