so, i finally found out the right configuration for my setup. to sum it up:
- the application i want to debug runs on a linux machine with pydevd installed (
pip install pydevd)
- my eclipse+pydev setup is running on my windows 7 workstation
- the debug server is running inside eclipse and listens on it's default port 5678
apparently one has to configure the path mappings on the target machine (the one hosting the application you want to debug, so in my case this would be the linux machine). this can be done in two ways (on linux):
pasting them directly into
pydevd_file_utils.py(on my linux system it's residing inside /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/) in the form:
paths_from_eclipse_to_python = [ ('remote path 1', 'local path 1'), ('remote path 2', 'local path 2'), ... ]
passing them as an environment variable (e.g. like
export paths_from_eclipse_to_python='[["remote path 1", "local path 1"], ["remote path 2", "local path 2"], ...]') before launching your application
in my case remote path would be the project path on my windows machine (e.g.
c:\\users\\workspace\\project\\) and local path the one on my linux host (
/home/user/project/). notice the trailing backslashes i had to add to the paths because otherwise pydev would translate the paths to something like
/home/user/project\file.py which results in an unknown file. as a consequence i additionally had to escape the backslashes in the windows paths.
hope this helps anyone who runs into similar difficulties like mine.
- Configure path mappings between two remote system to make breakpoints work in PyDev
- eclipse find possible code path between two functions
- Why doesn't git diff work between two dates?
- Eclipse > Remote System Plugins > Error : the resource is not on the build path of a script project
- How to make two packages with the same path name in eclipse?
- Query to find all the path between two nodes in a OWL ontology
- Work on a remote project with Eclipse via SSH
- Breakpoints are crossed out, how can I make them valid?
- How to configure Eclipse build path to use Maven dependencies?
- Cannot make Project Lombok work on Eclipse
- Difference between intellij Project make and Maven Compile?
- How to make a simple revert work on Git / EGit?
- getting JRE system library unbound error in build path
- Grunt need compass installed in system PATH Warning
- How to copy plugins between two eclipses
- MANIFEST.MF (The system cannot find the path specified)
- What is the best way to share common code (such as domain classes) between two or more projects?
- What is org.eclipse.m2e.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER and how do I make it work in IntelliJ?
- Eclipse: JRE System Library in Java Build Path reset
- How to actually make lombok annotations work for getters and setter
- Eclipse remote system explorer and sudo
- Debugging in Eclipse. Moving between breakpoints
- How do i configure eclipse to make use of different version of JDK
- How to configure Eclipse formatter to not insert blank line between field declarations?
- How to avoid Remote System Explorer Operation on eclipse?
- Eclipse: How can I make Ctrl+F11 work no matter which file is being edited?
- Select Remote System Type list empty in Eclipse
- Is it possible to work on remote files in Eclipse?
- What's the relationship between the two MercurialEclipse plugin sites?
- Strange disconnect between Eclipse CDT, included system headers, and the underlying C build
More Query from same tag
- Configure eclipse debugger to filter out library methods I didn't write when navigating the stack?
- I need help getting the user to enter 10 currencies instead of 1
- Issue with the ClassLoader of ProcessingEnvironment from Maven
- Where are Eclipse remote debugging packages?
- JAVA : deployment error in Eclispe Luna windows 8.1 x64
- Remote Eclipse Development with VM
- How to display my Inputted Text from the other class
- Cannot find module 'node:events' error thrown when running discord bot
- Using Eclipse/Aptana, points to wrong location when previewing in browser
- Access Child Property from Parent, Maven Project
- IBM Worklight 6.0 - Error while building and deploying an application
- Eclipse/Papyrus - "The import org.eclipse.papyrus cannot be resolved" when trying to create diagrams from text input (ModelSet implementation)
- Eclipse plugin: Return affected class from IResourceChangeListener
- Dependencies for jdt.compiler cannot be found
- Writing Java interpreter Plugin
- Creating Java standalone program with Eclipse, 32 vs 64 bit platforms
- Backslash vs. Forward slash in Java and Windows
- Error occurs when compiling with GCC
- How to step through decompiled 3rd party code in eclipse?
- getting trouble to add datepicker plugin in my phonegap application
- Eclipse AVR Programming - ATMega2560
- Rtf presentation does not appear in presentations dropdown
- How to change the icon in liferay portal
- Eclipse & regular expression that matches word X, excluding some longer words, which include X
- 'pyramid-debugtoolbar' distribution was not found and is required
- Is this serialVersionUID a universal version identifier?
- Is there a way to easily determine project types in Eclipse visually?
- Maven compilation Failure on EMF-Project
- How to correctly specify eclipse-plugins in category.xml of tycho eclipse-repository?
- Javadoc error: unmappable character for encoding ASCII