you can find information on headless ant builds in chapter 23 of the rational application developer v7 programming guide rebook. there's more documentation in the ibm rational application developer version 7.0.0.x information center (which you should also be able to find in the help).
there are a number of projects already using tycho to build eclipse components using maven:
there is a somewhat dated tutorial for tycho here: http://www.sonatype.com/people/2008/11/building-eclipse-plugins-with-maven-tycho/
for more information about the tycho development effort: http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/03/the-future-of-maven-osgi-join-the-tycho-users-mailing-list/
based off the answer in build eclipse java project from command line. you can do the following
"%rad_install%\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe" -dwtp.autotest.noninteractive=true -cp "%rad_install%\startup.jar" org.eclipse.core.launcher.main -application org.eclipse.jdt.apt.core.aptbuild -data "%workspace%"
where you configure the variables
%rad_install% to your instance of rad and
%workspace% to the workspace which houses the projects you want to biuld.
you need to look into "headless mode". that's basically running the ide to perform its work without the ide showing up.
i don't have any direct experience but one of the teams in our lab used rad in headless mode to automate builds for an eclipse/system-z interface.
- Building RAD7 project from command line
- Building an Android Project from Command Line with Eclipse
- Build Eclipse Java Project from Command Line
- Java - Build and run eclipse project from command line
- Run Eclipse project from command line
- open a specific eclipse project from command line
- Why an executable jar when run from a command line uses much more ram, than the same project run from Eclipse?
- Run Ecplise/PyDev project from command line
- Eclipse can't resolve maven dependencies, but project compiles from command line
- How to build an Eclipse project from command line with any pre-existing workspace?
- eclipse jdt import project from command line
- Errors trying to run a maven project from the Command Line
- Create WAR file from command line for Eclipse Dynamic Web Project
- How to create a maven project which will work in eclipse and from command line
- Eclipse creating project index from command line
- how to import existing eclipse project from command line
- Project runs in Eclipse, but not from command line : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError with Maven and Dom4J
- Running JUnit 4 from command line on Eclipse project
- Failing to build Xilinx project from command line only
- Running a Java Eclipse Project from Command line
- Creation of php project in eclipse from command line
- Adding an Android Library Project from command line
- How do I prevent the command line arguments of the run configuration for my GWT project from being overwritten?
- Unable to execute Maven project from command line through java command
- Inconstant Maven error when building from command line
- How to build Android project from the command line on Windows
- How to set up Eclipse project to load an image so that it also runs from the command line
- I can run an Eclipse project from command line but I cannot run it via Eclipse
- Build Robotium Test Project from command line
- building apk of an android project via command line fails after including some library projects
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse Formatting. Remove new line before opening brace for block
- Eclipse RCP e4 Logging
- Cannot step over breakpoints in Eclipse
- Embed python code in C++ (Windows + minGW + Python 2.7.2 + Eclipse)
- Running multiple files in Eclipse
- Netty eclipse "no mandatory external dependencies"? import errors
- I am not able to create groovy project
- How does this Color marker happen in eclipse IDE ,and what should I do to clear the Color marker
- How can I checkout a SVN-URL in an Eclipse workspace?
- How do I delete ".project" file from Git?
- Updating features which depend on the same library as other features - p2 error "Only one of the following can be installed at once"
- Program "g++" not found in PATH on Ubuntu
- Changing compiler for sub directories in Eclipse CDT
- Why am I getting a nullpointer exception? (Beginner)
- How to convert a ecore File to a ecorediag File
- Howto use PMD plugin in Eclpise 4.3 running on Java 8
- hanging eclipse problems
- Why can't I search maven projects in eclipse
- getting error The namespace of element bindings must be from the schema namespace while using maven-jaxb2-plugin in eclipse
- Using Eclipse and eGit - after the initial setup, how do I tell what protocol is being used, i.e. ssh or not?
- How to build Java project from SVN checkout (Encog library)
- m2eclipse plug-in as a local site repository
- Exporting Jar file in Eclipse using JavaFX
- remove search query after pressing on search button
- Permanently fix the Eclipse error "project description file (.project) is missing"
- How to get path to package in Eclipse (Java)
- Launching android application from eclipse On device very slow
- Eclipse, Android Plug-in, Install New Software just says "pending"
- Does anyone know how to get rid of this eclipse error window?
- Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: =