you have already downloaded android support repository .
to add support library to project, go to android sdk location
sdk\extras\android\support , you can find all support libraries there .add what ever library you need as a dependency
i guess you have to add v7 appcompact
if you are using linux. try doing this in the terminal, it worked for me at some point in time. don't know if it still works:
:~$ android list sdk -a --extended|less
this will list all the packages plus the
extra-androidm2-repository because of the --extended option. after this you can the type:
android update sdk --no-ui -a --filter "extra-android-m2repository"
this will proceed to download the extra support repository, and place it in the $android_home/extras/android/m2repository/.if that does not work try downloading the zip file here. this is still not the end of it because you still have to find a way to use it and
this is why you should move to android studio
- the structure of android support repository changed to the .aar format. this means you cannot import the library as you would have with earlier support versions. you have to use maven plugin in eclipse to manage the libraries.
- maven central does not have the latest android support libraries, hence you have to use maven android connector.
if you want to read more, on how to mavenize your project and use maven for android libraries read this. i found it personally to be very hard compared to android studio where you just have to add a dependency in gradle. good luck.
- Android sdk manager I don't have Android Support Library
- Missing android support library in extras folder, sdk manager
- Android SDK does not show the Android support library
- SDK Manager Failed while installing Support Library
- appcompat_v7 library missing in android sdk manager
- I have three versions of Android SDK Manager Installed. How can I consolidate them correctly?
- How do I attach the Android Support Library source in Eclipse?
- "Unable to get system library for project" after I upgraded to Android SDK 2.3 and ADT 8.0
- Android multidex support library using eclipse
- Can't see Android SDK Manager option after Installation; Run as Administrator Doesn't Solve
- Android SDK and AVD Manager Error: File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\temp\
- Android SDK Manager doesn't load the latest Android SDK Platform (API 17)
- Android SDK and AVD Manager installation
- Android 4.4 ( KITKAT ) API LEVEL 19 is not listed in Android SDK Manager
- android wear - eclipse : not recognizing support library
- while using support library i am getting an error that Attribute " " has already been defined in android
- Eclipse android sdk bundle can't open Android SDK Manager
- Android sdk manager doesnt download packages
- Eclipse wont recognize Android support library revision 9
- android sdk manager not updating
- Android SDK Fragment Support
- Running Android Support v4 Library Demo Programs
- Eclipse's errors of the Android Design Support library
- No definitions for Kindle Fire devices available in Android SDK Manager
- Android 4.0.4 does not show up in my Android SDK Manager
- Android SDK manager 4.1.1 package not showing
- Android support library v4 and Google Maps API breaks compilation
- Eclipse Incorrectly Claiming I have old Rev of Android SDK
- Cannot import android support library in eclipse
- Kindle Fire SDK not found in Eclipse Android SDK Manager
More Query from same tag
- Ways to make annotation processors read src/main/resources files on Maven Update
- Error installing LDAP Browser plugin in eclipse
- How to ensure loading of classes of external jars when called from an eclipse plugin?
- Android, What is the quickest and most efficient method of converting a postcode to longitude and latitude in Java?
- OpenGL library not linking
- How to disable error like Eclipse while creating signed apk in Android Studio 1
- Eclipse shows nasty white cross in red circle with no message
- Webdevelopment with Jetty & Maven
- how to execute a runnable jar file in eclipse
- How to add dependency in maven so Eclipse can use it on the buildpath
- Eclipse RCP plugin extentions editor shows generic as the only option
- Saving multiple files in Eclipse using Ctrl+s causes "The file cannot be edited"
- Eclipse cannot load resources directory (Build Path Problem)
- Run arquillian test with eclipse
- Java boolean not being set to true
- How to add "Open in Explorer" functionality in Eclipse? (Without using a plugin)
- Tomcat 7 integrated in eclipse classpath issue
- How to default the working directory for JUnit launch configurations in Eclipse?
- Spring toolsuite shows error on <execution> for maven-jaxb2-plugin
- Eclipse c++ MakeFile
- "findLibrary returned null" on Android while connecting to deezer's player-module
- SetOnClickListener is underfined for the type TextView
- Debug non verbose code in eclipse
- Java - sending POST
- Load AdView with Admob Android Eclipse
- customise eclipse scout application look and feel
- Changing package name of App-Engine side of App-Engine Connected Android Project not reflected on Android Side
- The JOptionPane in eclipse is extremely tiny
- Unsupported major.minor version despite using correct Java version
- Using the same keystore for two eclipse projects, but they can't communicate while are getting debugged on the same system