if i would have this task, i would go to preferences. look for content assist settings. write down some specific text you see in dialog box. then go to plugins folder, and start to search inside archives. when match is present, open the plugin.xml of that plugin, and you will see the extension points of the plugin. based on its name, i am pretty sure you will find the appropiate one. then you can either google it, or look for plugins extending the extension point. using jdgui or fetching source code of the extension example plugin will help you in disassembling. eclipse usually not well documented as for extension points, so i do it this way.
i think you're looking for "templates". assuming you're using java, this is in the windows -> preferences menu, then java->editor->templates. for example, the screenshot below shows the ctrl-space content assist when you type "sysout".
- how modify the already installed content-assist?
- How to change the font for the Eclipse Content Assist (Template Proposals) window
- How can I make the Eclipse content assist case-sensitive?
- how point to the already installed sdk for Android Studio
- how to enable CCRC extension for eclipse in rad 7.0 when it's already installed on rad 8.0 in the same environment
- How do I configure to use the Android SDK already installed on my system without downloading the Eclipse packages via "Install New Software"?
- How do you run Eclipse IDE for C/C++ from the command line (I already installed it)
- How to make the Eclipse content assist for common CSS available everywhere?
- How do I resolve the "java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind" error?
- How to modify the keyboard shortcuts in Eclipse IDE?
- How to tell Eclipse to show content assist automatically?
- The selected entry in Eclipse content assist is unreadable because of colours
- Eclipse CDT (for C++/C development) how to invoke content assist automatically while typing
- How to change the color of the currently selected line in a code assist popup in Eclipse?
- How do I modify the set method signature that Eclipse auto generates?
- How do I modify the EL opening template in Eclipse?
- how to find the installed plugins in eclipse
- How to force the Eclipse Mars 4.5 formatter not to join already wrapped lines?
- How to launch unit tests under EclEmma without using the VisualVM launcher with that launcher installed
- Navigating the Content Assist List in Eclipse
- How to get EL (Expression Language) content assist (autocomplete) in JSP / JSP Tags in Eclipse?
- How can I see the content of a ResultSet object inspecting it using the Eclipse debugger?
- How to get content assist for "for loop" anywhere in Eclipse?
- How to disable "No Default Proposals" in eclipse content assist for PHP?
- How to modify color of inactive line in code assist in Eclipse?
- How to increase content assist tooltip size in Eclipse / PDT
- How can I find the version of Scala installed in Eclipse IDE?
- How to add content assist for css, html.. in Eclipse?
- How to make Eclipse's content assist behavior similar to Visual Studio's IntelliSence
- How to list/select the installed languages on Android?
More Query from same tag
- Why Is the Eclipse Plugin for Day Communique not working?
- How do you make Eclipse recognize Java EE jar files so Servlets can compile?
- System.out not working when calling jar-file from Windows command line
- Strange character encoding issue with Eclipse / Spring / Tomcat 6
- Installing SAP HANA tools on Eclipse
- how to hide current date and time in BIRT report
- Why does M2Eclipse execute the maven-compiler-plugin
- Is eclipse AutoCompleteField only suggesting entries starting with entered text?
- Importing error from eclipse to android studio
- Eclipse content assist doesn't recognize std::thread, but compiles correctly
- Eclipse can't find compiler after update
- How to activate auto suggesting in Eclipse ?
- Export a Java project without main method (with external jars) to Jar in Eclipse
- Eclipse + CDT + Cygwin: How do you fix the "Multiple targets" bug?
- Java, iRpeort and JasperSoft - No report set for compiler: null
- Eclipse EAR project structure in eclipse
- Downloading Certain Excel File and Interpreting Some of Its Values
- Display captured image
- An internal error occurred during: "Processing Acceleo changes since last activation"
- All non-commited files listed during commit when using Eclipse/Mercurial
- Emma coverage on Enum types
- Eclipse luna theme issue
- Multiple eclipses for different feature set or single eclipse contains all plug-ins?
- Requirements for an Android App to be decompiled?
- read text at cursor position in JFace TextViewer
- Error: Could not find or load main class ExcelReadWrite
- Eclipse cannot load SWT libraries
- eclipse xml editor inserts tabs for spaces
- How to dynamically set the class of a function argument?
- Java get mouse position on click on Gui