Eclipse can't work out the arguments because it can't find the source or javadoc attachments.
Make sure your source is attached.
To check, click on the method call
readXXX and press F3 which should open the method declaration. If the source is not attached, Eclipse will say "Source not found" and will allow you to "Attach Source...".
This link helped me to solve this problem.
1) Right click on your android.jar and select Properties.
2) Select Java Source Attachment. Enter the source directory location (you can also use External Folder… to browse to the directory) and click on “Apply“.
The code names match the following version numbers, along with API levels and NDK releases provided for convenience:
for those like me who tried to apply one of our colleagues suggestions and unfortunately hasn't worked, please, give a try to check the option "Add variable attributes to generated class files (used by the debugger)" within Window -> Preferences -> Java + Compiler.
Once you've done that, try to build the project again.
I solved this by going to preferences
Java / Content Assist
On this page under "Sorting and Filtering" I unchecked "Hide proposals not visible in the invocation context" now instead of seeing (arg0, arg1, arg2) etc in autocomplete I see (catalog, schemaPattern, tableNamePattern...)
I am using Spring Tools Suite 3.7.2 which runs on the Eclipse Mars 4.5.1 platform.
The problem is that your class files lacks debug information embedded in them. JDT doesn't reparse the source files or the javadoc for dependencies, when building the AST for your project, so it doesn't have idea what the name of the parameter is, even when you are able to open the class and clearly see what are the method names.
In order to correct this, you need to recompile your class files with debug information enabled, which makes the class file considerably larger, but unless you are developing for memory-constraint devices, you should be fine.
Anyone having the same issue, try performing a Project > Clean, this will delete the old class files, and Eclipse will recompile them in debug mode this time. Worked for me in Indigo 3.7.2
- Why eclipse is generating argument names as arg0,arg1,arg2.... for methods?
- Generating JUnit stubs for new methods in existing class in Eclipse
- When linking to scala, eclipse is showing argument names arg0,arg1,arg2… for methods?
- How to configure Eclipse / STS autocomplete to suggest constructor argument names for new statements?
- How to fix Eclipse generating Empty Javadoc comments for Overriden methods
- Eclipse plugin for generating a class diagram
- What do the icons for methods in Eclipse mean?
- Why does Eclipse maven produce huge .cfs files for no reason?
- Eclipse plugin for generating UML diagram from c++ code
- Is there a shortcut in Eclipse for generating code for decorators?
- How can we automatically generate comments for methods written by us in Eclipse RCP?
- Why is the merge tool disabled in Eclipse for a EGit-managed project?
- Why might Eclipse fail to show "Ant Build" in the run options for an Ant build file?
- Generating JavaDoc comments for existing code in Eclipse
- Why is there no Maven repository for Eclipse Birt 3.7 => There is one for Birt 4.2
- Why does Eclipse mark interface methods public abstract?
- Why does import javax.servlet.*; cannot be resolved despite of installing Java EE | Eclipse for Java EE Developers
- Why doesn't Eclipse generate javadoc for all classes
- Generating Ant build file for a project in eclipse
- why does m2e plugin for eclipse insert optional attribute to src and what does it do
- Eclipse - why infer generic suggested for Java's array
- Why Eclipse does not include annotations when implementing methods from a Java interface?
- Why doesn't Eclipse show leak warning for streams?
- Eclipse inserting arg0, arg1 etc. instead of proper parameter names when overriding Android methods
- How to set Code Formatter for Java Anonymous Methods in Eclipse
- is there a shortcut in eclipse for generating resources (constructors , get/set .....)
- Why does NOT my Eclipse ask for workspace on startup?
- Maven: Why does adding test source via build helper not work when generating eclipse project?
- why Eclipse 4.7.2 no delta pack for download
- Eclipse not generating META-INF for .ear
More Query from same tag
- How to programmatically access an Eclipse JDT tooltip icon
- Extending Eclipse Debug Functionality
- Regex To match string starting and ending with characters
- Java frame and action of a button
- Emulator is loaded, but app is not installed and no error
- How to set conditional breakpoint in anonymous inner class depending on final local variable?
- Session Manager for Eclipse
- Android appcompat v7 error
- Cannot install SDK for eclipse
- How to set the title of wizard window in Eclipse RCP 3.x?
- Android Studio how to navigate to file in Package Explorer
- Eclipse Git - see difference of files and switch between branches
- Better IDE not build using Java in Linux?
- Beginning CS student trying to make a hangman game in java
- Dropbox api for android returning null for AccessTokenSecret
- brace after else on same line in spite of changing it in formatter
- steam condenser java errors
- How to print "rājshāhi" to the Eclipse output console?
- why this error in my PhoneGap app for Android ?
- How to install eclipse in Ubuntu
- Is there any alternative tool to HTMLUnit for Android?
- Use an Eclipse class in android studio?
- I didn't success to create a war file with maven in eclips
- Does Eclipse support Linux desktop application development?
- primefaces not working with eclipse indigo
- Why does Eclipse of NDK application sometimes fail to start?
- How to configure IEDriverServer for testing on IE8
- Can't publish J2EE project to tomcat in eclipse
- How can I share an Eclipse workspace between accounts in Mac?
- Eclipse crashes on loading splash screen