not found on the java.library.path: /usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
The native lib is expected in one of the following locations
/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64 /usr/lib64 /lib64 /lib /usr/lib
and not in
The files in
tomcat/lib are all
jar file and are added by tomcat to the
classpath so that they are available to your application.
The native lib is needed by tomcat to perform better on the platform it is installed on and thus cannot be a
jar, for linux it could be a
.so file, for windows it could be a
Just download the native library for your platform and place it in the one of the locations tomcat is expecting it to be.
Note that you are not required to have this lib for development/test purposes. Tomcat runs just fine without it.
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start INFO: Server startup in 2882 ms
The output you are getting is very normal, it's just some logging outputs from tomcat, the line right above indicates that the server correctly started and is ready for operating.
If you are troubling with running your servlet then after the
run on sever command eclipse opens a browser window (embeded (default) or external, depends on your config). If nothing shows on the browser, then check the url bar of the browser to see whether your servlet was requested or not.
It should be something like that
Try to call your servlet using the following url
Also each web project has a web.xml, you can find it in your project under
It is better to configure your servlets there using
url-mapping. It could look like that:
<servlet> <description></description> <display-name>File counter - My first servlet</display-name> <servlet-name>file_counter</servlet-name> <servlet-class>com.filecounter.FileCounter</servlet-class> </servlet> <servlet-mapping> <servlet-name>file_counter</servlet-name> <url-pattern>/FileFounter</url-pattern> </servlet-mapping>
In eclipse dynamic web project the default context name is the same as your project name.
will work too.
Regarding the original question asked in the title ...
sudo apt-get install libtcnative-1
or if you are on RHEL Linux
yum install tomcat-native
The documentation states you need http://tomcat.apache.org/native-doc/
sudo apt-get install libapr1.0-dev libssl-dev
- or RHEL
yum install apr-devel openssl-devel
- The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library was not found on the java.library.path
- What does "The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library was not found" mean?
- An incompatible version 1.1.12 of the APR based Apache Tomcat Native library is installed, while Tomcat requires version 1.1.17
- Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java
- The superclass "javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet" was not found on the Java Build Path
- the superclass "javax.servlet.httpServlet" was not found on the Java Build Path
- "javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet" was not found on the Java Build Path
- Warning in jsp : The tag handler class for "s:form" (org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.ui.FormTag) was not found on the Java Build Path
- Eclipse error in JSP file: The superclass "javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet" was not found on the java build path
- class not found exception in eclipse even though the user library containg jar file is in java build path
- UnsatisfiedLinkError - Unable to load library - Native library not found in resource path
- Scala IDE and Apache Spark -- different scala library version found in the build path
- unable to load library 'yyy.dll': native library (win32-x86/yyy.dll) not found in resource path (jna + dll + eclipse rcp)
- Java won't open the correct file, constantly returns the File Not Found Exception even when using the absolute path
- com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: The native JNI library 'mqjbnd64' was not found. For a client installation this is expected
- java apache tomcat is not detecting the jsp file even when it exists
- Java Apache Tomcat Required resource not found
- Eclipse Java Build Path Jar Library classes not found even if available in jar
- Eclipse: The resource is not on the build path of a Java project
- Eclipse "this compilation unit is not on the build path of a java project"
- The project was not built since its build path is incomplete
- the zipalign tool was not found in the sdk
- This compilation unit is not on the build path of a Java project
- aapt not found under the right path
- Jersey: A message body writer for Java Class and MIME mediatype application/json was not found
- Eclipse Oxygen - The project was not built since its build path is incomplete
- apache tomcat 9.x not working with eclipse & Java 10.0.1
- eclipse not working - No java virtual machine was found
- The resource is not on the build path of a java project?
- Compilation unit is not on the build path of a Java project
More Query from same tag
- Android SDK External library
- Eclipse keyboard shortcuts for VisualStudio
- Android app doesn't finish launching in debug mode in Eclipse
- Jist/swans debug problem
- How to get EObject from EObjectNode
- Unusual Syntax Error in PyGame using Eclipse
- Error with Groovy AST transformations when cleaning project in Eclipse
- How to use my own written library in C++ in eclipse (linux)?
- Can not display hebrew characters on jsp
- Is having Eclipse OSGI Activators inheriting from each other a good idea?
- Install Eclipse on Cloudera HDP Sand Box
- Eclipse Ctrl+H project search display format
- Failing to create Project from SVN with Eclipse and SVNKit
- WebObjects unit testing
- Android not changing my TextView when I need it to
- pylintrc file not being detected in LiClipse
- How to create a header file
- Contents section missing in New Java Project wizard
- Installing an App from a different computer (with IDE) requires an App uninstall? How to prohibit the uninstall first?
- Why does log4j2 not log to a file after packaging as a jar in Eclipse?
- Can I make Eclipse change my comments when I rename my classes?
- removing a hashmap entry and writing it to a file
- ResourceBundle Editor does not appear after installation on Eclipse Photon
- Not able to loggin to fabric after installing in eclipse
- How to set the update interval of Eclipse Che?
- Team Synchronizing Perspective for Intellij?
- MonkeyRunner Beginner Setup Problems
- How to add stanford corenlp library in Eclipse/Netbeans IDE for Java NLP Project?
- Setting Memory Breakpoints in Eclipse