Having said all of that, I'm not sure that I would recommend Scala for production Android development. In particular Scala 2.9.x is basically unusable as there is no good way to get the libraries to work on Android. You can read about the issue here.
It's a real pity, as Android development would benefit considerably from Scala if we could get it working properly.
This video from ScalaDays 2011 may be hepful:
Scala on Android: Real-world Experience at Bump Technologies by Michael Galpin
If you really really want to run Scala code on Android (and not really make an app, but for yourself), then I have an easier solution. It depends on if your phone supports the procedure. In summary the steps are:
Install Ubuntu on your device (as described here). This will not affect the Android installation.
Boot Ubuntu, install JDK, Scala, etc, copy your Scala jars and run from there.
I started to implement the android application (a twitter client) from the book "Learning Android" with Scala 2.9.0-1 a while ago.
Solution found here to use the latest Android SDK, with Eclipse 3.7.2 and Scala 2.9 :
- It completely handles the android library
- You can make Android Library out of scala projects as usual
- The build process is completely automated, including proguard-ing and exporting the project with the regulard Android tools.
- Unable to set breakpoints in scala 2.10 RC3 Android and Eclipse
- android scala and eclipse
- NoClassDefFoundError - Eclipse and Android
- Eclipse Android and gitignore
- eclipse not showing Avd manager window and android project
- How to use Gradle to generate Eclipse and Intellij project files for Android projects
- Scala, Android and Eclipse
- Android Development Tool 23.0.0 and Android L Update error in eclipse
- Eclipse with android plugin - Blocked at "calculating requirements and dependencies"
- "Selection cannot be launched and there are no recent launches” when Eclipse for Android Project Dev
- How to initialize a new Scala project in sbt, Eclipse and github
- Mercurial ignore-file for Eclipse and Android development
- Mixing Scala and Java files in an Eclipse project
- Differences between Android NetBEANS plugin and Eclipse plugin?
- Eclipse and Android SDK issue "aapt.exe has stopped"
- Scala Error: Could not find or load main class in both Scala IDE and Eclipse
- Using JDK 7 Or Higher With Android Studio And Eclipse On Mac OSX
- What are the differences between android studio and the eclipse version bundled with android SDK
- What is the difference between Eclipse "Import" and "Create project from existing source" for Android projects?
- Eclipse and Android XML layouts gives "'default' is not a best match for any device/locale combination"
- Error with parsing Android sdk content and initializing java tooling in eclipse
- Using Android library in eclipse and jumping to class files instead of source file that is within eclipse workspace
- cannot access memory at address 0X1 after setting up gdb and eclipse to debug shared library from Android Application
- Using ADT and SDK manager, attach android source code to eclipse
- Eclipse IDE - Android Graphical Layout and XML Layout Side by Side
- Why does Android Eclipse constantly refresh external folders and take forver?
- Setting different spaces for tab for Java and Scala in Eclipse
- How to create new android project in eclipse and share in local git repository?
- Eclipse Indigo Android ADT - install OK, no "Android" option in Preferences and New Project
- Fixing Eclipse errors when using Android NDK and std::vector
More Query from same tag
- How to automatically generate lexer+parser with ANTLR4 and Maven?
- How to extract all used libraries from Java Maven web project
- Getting thousand errors after importing code from an apk
- Maven unable to download dependencies
- How to build pom.xml in a maven project which is downloaded from github?
- How to change Eclipse IDE Title Bar
- How to suppress SQL Scrapbook "save resource" Dialog in Eclipse
- how to configure Eclipse Quick Fix for misspelled words?
- Cannot install any kind of spring tool to my eclipse
- error with the update of the eclipse
- Eclipse can't run my Makefile
- ant4eclipse Exception whilst resolving the classpath
- org.osgi.service.application.ApplicationException: No application id has been found
- android -notlong eclipse: "Invalid resource directory name"
- Hibernate InvalidMappingException when running jar-packed application
- Eclipse closing all hours
- [eclipse]an error occurred while accessing the repository entry
- A way to search by partial package definiton in Eclipse?
- Java - Printed 2D Array in Console is deformed
- DialogFragment mysterious Null Pointer Exception
- Eclipse: auto format XML files on save
- fields could not be resloved, while it's obviously there! (implementing a map.h)
- Proguard- Necessary to customize proguard-project.txt in order to obfuscate Source code?
- Eclipse subversion exclamation marks
- Eclipse is not showing any projects from my workspace folder even the projects are there?
- Programmatically compare Two java Source files in Eclipse PDE
- Proguard export error in eclipse
- Spring Tool Suite (STS) - Can not import using Gradle (Buildship)
- Shorcut in NetBeans or Eclipse for currency symbol
- Adding CVS perspective for eclipse neon