Try running Eclipse as administrator, I just had the same issue and this worked for me.
I think you need the maven plugin in order to install your plugin. If that's the case, you can follow this this instruction to install it.
Use eclipse update manager to install the plugins.. Then it will automatically select dependent plugins..You dont need to bother about dependent plugins in that case
All I had to do was completely open up full permissions for all users to the directory. This is dangerous if you have a multi-user system but Windows 7 seems to default to giving processes not very high permission levels; some processes (such as Eclipse Updated) don't know how to deal with this and request user permission, so they just bomb out. Easy fix: full control to all users and processes for the Eclipse Directory.
I had this problem, but I had to dig harder to fix it.
The source of my problem was the shortcut to launch Eclipse had this in the Target field:
"C:\Program Files\eclipse\eclipse.exe" -configuration C:\Program Files\eclipse\configuration
The problem with this is that without double quotes around the "-configuration C:\Program Files\eclipse\configuration" section it would hit that space in 'Program Files' and use C:\Program for storing configuration some of the time. Generally, if you have C:\Program you should make sure programs didn't put random files in there by mistake.
To fix this I had to move the configuration files from C:\Program to C:\Program Files\eclipse\configuration, picking and choosing along the way. Change the Target field to:
"C:\Program Files\eclipse\eclipse.exe" "-configuration C:\Program Files\eclipse\configuration"
and I was good to go.
I had the same problem, and I solved it by setting
"Contact all update sites during install to find required software"
(I used the Eclipse install manager, in Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, Version: Indigo Service Release 1 )
In my case, updating to the latest version of Eclipse (Juno) did the trick. Perhaps your add-on won't run on your version?
Hi I had the same problem just yesterday. I was uploading SDK for android and found your question in a google search.
I reverted back to an older version of eclipse. Link to older version of eclipse
This solved it for me.
Remember to delete eclips from your program files. You do this by just physically deleting the file from program files (not through uninstall). Then also make sure you delete your workbench. This is a file called workbench in your docs. Well mine was in my docs, it could be somewhere else on your system.
I am using windows 7.
Best of luck.
There's an alternative to running Eclipse as an administrator: you can manually give write permissions to your "eclipse" folder for all users (or just your current user). This way Windows/UAC won't pop up the security question that you see when you run programs as admin.
- Plugins won't install on Eclipse
- Easy way to copy old plugins into new install of eclipse
- Eclipse 3.5 Unable to install plugins
- How to install list of eclipse plugins from a script?
- Getting "No Repository Found" error in Eclipse (Ganymede) while trying to install google plugins (GWT)
- Eclipse IDE: install set of plugins
- How do I configure the proxy settings so eclipse indigo can install new plugins
- Making it simpler to install multiple plugins from Eclipse Marketplace?
- How to install Eclipse plugins on Aptana Studio 3+
- Unable to install updates or plugins in Eclipse
- Eclipse Kepler doesn't allow me to install plugins
- Unable to install plugins for Eclipse
- Install multiple Eclipse plugins via update site
- Install Maven in Eclipse without plugins
- How to Install ADT and CDT plugins for Eclipse Neon in offline mode
- How to include plugins to Eclipse install using a script?
- Unable to install Plugins in Eclipse (jpbm)
- eclipse 3.7 indigo on ubuntu 11.04 unable to install plugins
- How to download eclipse marketplace plugins for offline install
- How to install Team artifacts plugins in the Eclipse IDE, such that I can import or export code from repositories?
- How to install plugins in Eclipse for SPARK IDE
- install plugins to eclipse ide in headless mode
- Do I need to install Java plugins for Eclipse Neon if I already have JDK and JRE installed?
- Install plugins in Eclipse PDE
- install plugins in eclipse won't work
- Throwing a warning message to install few uninstalled plugins on Eclipse launch after I updated with Groovy library
- Eclipse (website installer) doesn't install libraries under plugins
- Import file to install eclipse core plugins
- Unable to install sonarqube plugins for eclipse
- How to install plugins to external folder for re-use with new version of eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Which is the right way to link images and export in Eclipse (Java)?
- Debug native Android Applications
- scm type missing in "checkout as maven project from scm"
- error while loading shared libraries: libopencv_core.so.3.1
- Eclipse RCP displays images in a DecorationOverlayIcon to big, how do I get it smaller?
- How to test connectivity to ports
- Prevent Eclipse RSE Remote Systems view from auto-selecting file
- Stop Eclipse Command Line Pop Ups
- Eclipse relative ClassPath?
- Need to keep the jar in my maven local repository
- Finding out the source files of an Eclipse (Java EE) functionality
- Why is parent folder of jar also showing up in referenced libraries?
- eclipse change native language to english
- Eclipse Dynamic Web Project with Maven Integration
- Issue with Mapstruct auto generated Mapper implementations
- Eclipse not giving warning when running java code which has compilation errors
- External jar configuration when debugging JSP in eclipse
- Eclipse Plugin Development - Drag and Drop UI components
- Java Maven exec-maven-plugin ClassNotFoundException with Qualified Name
- Maven building xml-structure?
- Eclipse GEF/draw2d Coordinate System Transformation
- AWS Toolkit for Eclipse Installation fails on Eclipse Luna
- Eclipse: create two projects sharing files
- Set up Eclipse C++ compiler without auto-install or altering System Path on Windows
- Should eclipse specific settings be part of source code repository
- add the selected item from a ComboBox to the DefaultListModel
- Why Are @NonNull Annotation on FQN Not Allowed?
- Missing Maven2 artifacts in fresh Eclipse install
- How to include .war file as a java web project dependency in eclipse?
- java.lang.NoSuchMethodError on raspberry pi only