As of Eclipse Neon (May 2016), Supports for Node.js comes as part of the JSDT.
The only prereqs are the installation of Node.js and npm.
I would recommend Aptana Studio (www.aptana.com/).
It can be installed both as a standalone application or an Eclipse Plugin.
I've been using it for server and client development and works great for both.
It is free and has intellisense.
What I have tried
- VJET contains lot a bugs (in coloration, auto-competition ...). Could be better after a few updates. Node.js support is quite not up to date.
- Eclipse Web Tools does no support node functions
- NodeClipse http://www.nodeclipse.org/
- Netbeans have a NodeJS plugin. Looks quite complete.
The chrome dev tools is just a debugger (and some chrome related utilities), not a fully usable IDE.
So far I would strongly not to use Eclipse for node.js project.
I'm using Sublime Text 2 for a while, and I'm very happy with it (And it has a node.js plugin).
There is Nodeclipse.org effort. Current version is 0.16
update site is
When you want to help in any way, start by raising issue
- Creating default structure for New Node Project and New Node Source File
- Generating Express project with Wizard
- Bracket matching and marking selection occurences with background color
- Content Assistant within one file
- Go to definition with Ctrl+click when JSDoc is used
- Refactoring within one file (Alt+Shift+R)
- JSON files highlight and validation
- NPM support
- Debugging - Breakpoint, Trace, Variables, Expressions, etc... via Eclipse debugger plugin for V8
- Setting project properties for JSHint-Eclipse automatically; JSHint settings template
- Passing arguments to Node application and Node.js, specifying environment variables values to use
- Running CoffeeScript *.coffee files
- Running *.js files with PhantomJS, MongoDB Shell or Java 8 Nashorn jjs util
- Bundled together with Markdown Editor, GitHub Flavored Markdown, StartExplorer (for system explorer and shell), RegEx, Icon Editor, MongoDB, RestClient Tool and other plugins (20+ in total, check update site and Nodeclispe Plugin List)
- Support for Eclipse Juno, Kepler, Luna M3
Read http://www.nodeclipse.org/ for more & latest information.
- node.js in Eclipse - which plugin(s) are most people using?
- How to remove a file from a commit which is not the most recent using eclipse when their are multiple commits to be pushed
- How to determine which eclipse plugins are contributing to menus and toolbars and stop them
- Ant task: In ant build i am using java task, where i used system.out.println which are not appearing in the eclipse console
- Easy way to find which Eclipse version and plugins are needed for existing Eclipse project
- How to know which version of ADT we are using in eclipse?
- Using @NotNull in a project where both IntelliJ and Eclipse developers are working
- Are there any good Continuous Testing plugins for Eclipse out right now?
- Where does Eclipse store information about which files are "Derived"?
- In which file eclipse "deployment assembly" configurations are at?
- Eclipse - see which methods of one class are used in another?
- Are there any problems using Eclipse 3.6 with the Android SDK?
- Can we choose which plugins to load in eclipse on the startup?
- Properties of new tags using composite component are not displayed by Eclipse auto complete shortcurt
- Eclipse plugins aweful slow, but which one? A way of measuring plugin performance?
- Is there a way in Eclipse to find out plugins that are not used?
- Access Git Repository using Eclipse and Netbeans Plugins with LDAP Users
- What are the advantages of using Emacs instead of Eclipse for Android development?
- Which Eclipse distribution is good for web development using Python, PHP, or Perl?
- Which JRE version to use while making new Java Project in Eclipse and what are the drawbacks?
- Are there any Eclipse IDE+GUI plugins for Openlaszlo?
- Are there any Eclipse plugins to display a visual object graph in debug mode?
- Text fields are not displayed on the barchart created using jfreechart in Eclipse RCP
- Using Eclipse JDT to find all identifiers visible within a specific node
- Can I write Eclipse plugins using Groovy?
- Are there any working Lua plugins for Eclipse Galileo?
- Check whether we are using Eclipse 32 bit version or 64 bit version
- Find classes which are used during compilation in eclipse
- Download Plugins from p2 update site without using eclipse
- Using mock data in eclipse which doesn't produce warnings
More Query from same tag
- Upgrading Eclipse for Android - Having Problems
- Tomcat 7 Start up problem in Eclispse for maven project
- No output to the Maven console in Eclipse
- Eclipse H2 database not connect
- Eclipse : what next when Reset Perspective does nothing?
- Why does Eclipse keep (a) jar(s) in the target folder open?
- Build Path issue with Java Android project when starting Eclipse
- How to Make Eclipse Java Set Project Dependency to Solution Project Instead of Reference JAR
- Web service deployment: Service does not work out of Eclipse
- How to reference resource bundle?
- Drag folder into Eclipse IDE?
- Can't install Android ADT using Eclipse 'Indigo'
- Eclipse Debugging: while continue after return statement?
- Build single update-site for RAP and RCP flavored feature
- Resolving Maven Dependency in Eclipse
- node.js in Eclipse - which plugin(s) are most people using?
- Failed to get the adb version... No such file or directory
- program runs fine in Eclipse but not when exported to .jar file
- Remove menu and status line in FilteredResourcesSelectionDialog
- How can i use the newest app engine sdk for java (with maven or eclipse)?
- Eclipse CDT for Android C/C++
- Eclipse Main program Launch error
- What is difference between ant, maven, gradle build tool
- How can I use lettuce in my Django project, within Eclipse?
- DDMS Won't Show Debug Output
- How to create an eclipse plug-in?
- Add mysql connector to a maven / nexus build in eclipse
- Why can't maven compiler resolve class from depedency?
- Why doesn't linking work in my Xtext-based DSL?
- Java 10.1 Eclipse Oxygen 3a No exception of type InstanceAlreadyExistsException can be thrown; an Exception type must be a subclass of Throwable