I presume they have internally an
IdentityHashMap<Object, Integer>, assigning a unique (but meaningless otherwise) integer per object. This should be internal to the Eclipse debugger (not a special id that objects have). Are you asking how to get at that?
Edit: I would set up breakpoint like this (note I'm not well versed in Eclipse):
- I would have an initial breakpoint (like the one you used to take the screenshot), and print the
System.identityHashCode(object)of the object I'm interested into.
- Then I would create a breakpoint using the condition
System.identityHashCode(object) == <whatever number you saw at the previous step>. It would be very rare for this to stop at the wrong object.
Or if the object you are interested in has an appropriate
toString() representation you could use, you could also try that instead of
System.identityHashCode(object). In all cases, you don't have to rely to Eclipse' internal object id, but capture such an
id (or almost) that you can derive from the object itself.
- Java object ID in jvm
- Incompatible JVM in GGTS (Eclipse) and JAVA 1.8
- Java 7 JVM VerifyError in Eclipse
- Is there a way in the Eclipse debugger to be notified when the state of a Java object changes?
- Comparing Object and int in Java 7
- set a (method) breakpoint for a particular object (and not all instances of that type) in java
- Error! The first argument to the non-static Java function 'replace' is not a valid object reference
- Java JVM Eclipse remote debug with a console enabled
- In Eclipse's Java debugger, how can I set a breakpoint on every object creation of some class?
- ERROR: Cannot load this JVM TI agent twice, check your java command line for duplicate jdwp options
- Java 8 functional constructor from templated object
- Java - Getting null values in object properties when passing "this"
- removing object from game in Java (eclipse)
- Java object definition shorthand or shortcuts?
- Java debugger find where an object was instantiated
- Where's the JVM path for Java 6 / 1.6 OS X 10.10 Yosemite?
- ArrayList in Java only prints the last object in the List
- How do I debug Java code running inside a JVM hosted by my C++ application?
- Storing object in database in Java
- convert object to String in sysout output, java
- What's the default JVM heap size of Java application launched by eclipse
- Android Eclipse Java debugging issue about recognizing null object comparison
- I moved my JVM to a RAM disk using imdisk, but cannot run java from that location?
- Confused on result of the implementation for testing object memory consumption in java
- how to pass java 8 lambda expression for IStatus Object to Logger api (Custom Logger)
- Custom object class in java - looks puzzle
- Java Eclipse saying my version of JVM is not suitable
- making object dissappear after collision! java
- My Java version is the newest version but my JVM is still 1.5?
- How can I run my own java code in the JVM that I am debugging remotely with JDWP?
More Query from same tag
- Syncronizing css between Eclipse and Firebug/Chrome?
- Get list of packages in a java project
- Edureka - Handle exceptions in Selenium Web Driver - no print out
- How to run one Java class and then another Java class in Eclipse?
- Junit Testing with .launch file
- Trying to get script to run in an order based on what page loads in selenium
- Java: Using Eclipse
- Configuring Eclipse Content Assist for UIMA Ruta scripts
- Export / import Eclipse cdt make targets
- Why does the error "source not found" occur in my case?
- How do I change ONLY java modifier text color in Eclipse?
- Eclipse m2e plugin issue for cyclic dependent projects
- c++: how do i get eclipse give me more info than "Syntax Error"
- After upgrading to Eclipse Juno facing performance issues
- View variable values without any breakpoints in Eclipse
- Put Sql Data to a Number Array
- How to set default Maven's Java in Eclipse?
- Indentation in Eclipse
- Sorting by type in Project Explorer in Eclipse?
- Connecting SQL Server in JAVA using Eclipse, Error: ClassNotFoundException
- Eclipse : Specify multiple res directories like specifying multiple src directories
- Force Eclipse CDT to parse #included files for highlighting
- AndroidTreeView on Eclipse
- Running ECLIPSE on a memory stick
- eclipse xdebug session never completes
- Import javax.servlet not working in eclipse
- Save Eclipse Plugin project state and configurations
- Eclipse RCP: Common Navigator - open file on double click
- JavaFX - StackedAreaChart and method setLowerBound
- How do I debug generic methods in Eclipse?