- Open Eclipse
- Uncheck the box in the bottom right hand corner (Show every time)
- Close the welcome screen
- Run Eclipse Neon as an Administrator.
- When Eclipse starts up with the welcome screen, uncheck the bottom right hand corner box.
- Close the welcome screen from upper part with the 'x'.
- Close Eclipse Neon
- Reopen Eclipse. You will not see the welcome screen anymore. Worked for me!
By creating the following file in your empty workspace:
and fill it in with:
STEP 1: Go to the eclipse home folder -> Go to plugins folder.
STEP 2: Search for org.eclipse.ui.intro.universal and remove it from the folder.
STEP 3: Now try to startup your eclipse with the new workspace and you can see that the welcome screen will not show up anymore.
Another option is to create file in your workspace:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <state reopen="false"/>
The welcome screen is displayed whenever you first open eclipse with a new workspace.
Once you close the welcome screen, this is noted in the workspace, and on a restart of eclipse with the same workspace, you will not see it again until you either use the menu
Help/Welcome or switch to a new workspace.
Note that you may have to really close the Welcome screen via the 'x' in its title tab; not just hide or minimize it.
Follow the following steps for Eclipse Neon:
- Go to Eclipse_Home\plugins
- Take backup of the below jars and remove them from the above path
- Step 3: Restart Eclipse
- Eclipse Neon - Disable Welcome Screen
- How to disable breadcrumbs in Eclipse
- How can I disable the eclipse server startup timeout?
- How to disable the "autodeploy" to server feature in an Eclipse web project
- How can I disable compiler warnings in Eclipse on a file specific basis?
- How can I disable "Initialize Java Tooling" on Eclipse startup?
- How to disable the JSP validation in Eclipse helios?
- Eclipse: How to disable welcome screen?
- Annoyance - How to disable Eclipse classpath entry warnings
- How do I disable Hot Code Replace in Eclipse
- How to restore Eclipse Welcome Page?
- How do I disable an eclipse warning in the derived IMarketBillingService.java file?
- How to disable logcat Text wrap in Eclipse Juno
- How to disable the automatic asterisk (inserting stars) in Eclipse when adding a multi-line comment?
- How to disable plugins in eclipse 3.6 Helios?
- How to disable camel case selection in Eclipse
- How to disable warning in Eclipse - 'Class is a raw type. References to generic type Class<T> should be parameterized'
- How to disable Spell Checker in eclipse
- How can I disable `Unknown property: ` error in eclipse while writing JavaFx css
- How to disable Eclipse IDE Language Server
- How to disable css warning "Unknown property" in Eclipse Mars?
- How to disable autocommit in Eclipse Database Tools for Oracle?
- How to disable Eclipse PDT auto-format code when pasting
- How to disable star imports in Eclipse Juno
- Eclipse how to disable validation for txt file (lsp4e)
- Eclipse creates fragment layout automatically, how can i disable it
- How to disable "No Default Proposals" in eclipse content assist for PHP?
- How to disable annoying bar on left of the editor in eclipse
- How to disable cucumber message in eclipse
- How can I disable HTML validation for PHP files in Eclipse Juno 4.2.1?
More Query from same tag
- How to hide compiler info marks or change problem severity?
- Problems refactoring package on eclipse
- Problem when debugging in eclipse
- PyDev in Debug mode: NameError: dict_pop when importing pandas or xarray
- imread not declared in scope (opencv-ecllipse)
- Adding /src/main/resources to Classpath when Running Spring JUnit Tests from Eclipse
- Eclipse does not detect my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
- indent python file (with pydev) in eclipse
- Manage Python exception breakpoints
- JBoss 4.x not deploying src folder to war
- Tomcat JNDI Resource - Class not found: oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource
- Export WAR missing on STS 4.12
- Is FastView removed in eclipse oxygen?
- Annotating/applying labels to classes in Eclipse package explorer
- Unable to process XML. Getting The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed. org.xml.sax.SAXParseException error
- Missing package property files in war build
- hardcoded sting "x", should use @string resource
- Images doesn't work in eclipse
- jboss-web.xml validation error in eclipse
- Toolbar dissapears from custom hover in eclipse editor
- Eclipse doesn't see the PySide classes
- How to open Java Library System files in eclipse?
- Downloading an image into internal storage and reading it in android
- Android editor Using Eclipse Link XML views to edit code and view graphic?
- Pydev dialog crashes Eclipse Juno IDE
- Unable to get Eclipse to recognize binaries using ProcessBuilder located on $PATH on mac os x
- Eclipse 'Add CVS Repository' hangs on known-good settings
- One of your SonarQube server cannot be reached. Please check your connection settings
- ant basedir and eclipse .project file generation
- Eclipse got hung when opening junit test case