If your old version is at least 3.7, then you can do this:
- Use File -> Export -> Install -> Installed software items to file in your old installation to create a file containing the currently installed features.
- Use File -> Import -> Install -> Software items from file in your new installation. Point it to the file from above and make sure to check "Install latest versions".
There are two main issues with copying the old plugins to a new version of Eclipse.
- Which plugins to copy? A newer version of Eclipse will have newer versions of the same plugins as the old version.
- Does the plugin support the newer version of Eclipse?
Generally the simplest way to get the correct plugins is to use the Eclipse tools to get the plugins from their update sites. This ensures you have the correct / latest version that works with the version of Eclipse you are now using.
You can get the list of updates sites used from the old Eclipse by selecting Windows / Preferences / "Install/Update" / Available Software Sites. Select the update sites you want to keep, then click Export... You can then import them into the new Eclipse. Just beware update sites that are Eclipse version specific!
- File -> Export -> Install -> Installed software items to file in your old installation to create a file containing the currently installed features.
- File -> Import -> Install -> Software items from file in your new installation. Point it to the file from above and make sure to check "Install latest versions".
From your new eclipse you can also Use.
- File -> Export -> Install -> Installed software from existing installation, and give it path of old eclipse installation folder it will give you options to select.
- Easy way to copy old plugins into new install of eclipse
- How do I copy over my old files from my Java Eclipse workspace into my new workspace?
- How do I configure the proxy settings so eclipse indigo can install new plugins
- Easy way of installing Eclipse plugins on Ubuntu
- New eclipse installation using old features and plugins
- Old Android loaded into new eclipse
- How to install an old Java version alongside the new one for use in eclipse spring?
- Is there a way I can copy code from Eclipse IDE with line numbers so I can paste it into a word document?
- Easy way to find which Eclipse version and plugins are needed for existing Eclipse project
- How to install plugins to external folder for re-use with new version of eclipse
- Android - copy existing project with a new name in Eclipse
- Missing AndroidManifest.xml when importing an old Android project into Eclipse
- Eclipse online access extremely slow--cannot complete updates or install new software
- Plugins won't install on Eclipse
- Eclipse 3.5 Unable to install plugins
- A new version of Eclipse just came out. Is there anything I can do to avoid having to manually hunt down my plugins again?
- How to download/clone a new branch from my server git repository into an already created local git repository in my PC with Eclipse EGit
- How to install list of eclipse plugins from a script?
- Quick way to transfer "External Tool Configurations" from one Eclipse install to another?
- Cannot import local git into Eclipse to create a new project (throws error "Connecting Git team provider failed")
- How to install Hibernate Tools into Eclipse Luna?
- Trying to install new features in Eclipse (using ADT as the base package)
- Getting "No Repository Found" error in Eclipse (Ganymede) while trying to install google plugins (GWT)
- Install New Software on Eclipse not working on Mac
- conflicting dependency when trying to install ADT plugin into eclipse
- Install new jboss server in eclipse luna
- How to stop Eclipse from splitting annotations into new lines
- Eclipse Indigo Android ADT - install OK, no "Android" option in Preferences and New Project
- Is there some way to uninstall plugins for Eclipse Juno?
- Is there a way to integrate VisualVM, or any free/open-source profiler, into Eclipse without a commercially licensed plugin?
More Query from same tag
- Java Better alignment of fields declarations using Eclipse
- Integrate Eclipse RAP and OSGI/Spring-DM plugins, using Maven for build
- Eclipse / Maven: "Could not find the main class" Errors While Building Executable JAR
- Android Java Emulator . . WARNING: Data partition already in use. Changes will not persist
- installing pydev or PDT without JDT
- Eclipse Fails to load on Windows 32 Bit computer
- Error Broken Pipe by Pushing Git Gogs in Eclipse
- How to use (share) a project wide spellcheck dictionary in Eclipse?
- Eclipse product: how to clone the plugin version?
- 'J' icon for .scala files?
- Android device not recognized by Eclipse
- ImageView not showing image on real device
- npm start works on eclipse and doesn't in visual studio code
- How do I run a .sh script in Eclipse on Windows?
- Save page source from Amazon in Java
- Windows Azure plugin for Eclipse - Deploying multiple roles application
- How to keep an Eclipse installation in sync between multiple platforms with Dropbox?
- How to move Egit repository and working directory
- Adding a module export to the Eclipse .classpath file
- configure eclipse 3.4 with maven 2.x or 3.0
- Google App Engine - How to get demos to work?
- Mac OS-X Eclipse with Google App Engine setup: JDK version error when launching Eclipse
- Can't find file under Tomcat7 using AWS Elastic Beanstalk with EC2
- JavaFX 11 using Maven throws Exception: "WindowsNativeRunloopThread"
- All apps have "stopped unexpectedly" error
- How to do json schema validation in Eclipse
- How can I refresh the eclipse folder with another tool?
- Eclipse fails to open and gives me a very long error. [Java]
- Porting a java game to android
- Get all checkboxes inside a Group composite in SWT