this is the closest you can get for free: productivity power tools. it has
ctrl+click: go to definition and many more.
to differentiate between variable and method by color, you have to customize it (
tools > options > environment > fonts and colors, but this is bit tedious).
i would suggest resharper for more advanced features but that's not free.
telerik makes a product called justcode that provides some good eclipse-like features. i especially like the blue/red/yellow rects that appear beside scrollbars to indicate where comments (blue), warnings (yellow) and errors (red) are. it also places a red dot in the document's tab in visual studiu when it has edits and does all of the field highlighting you're talking about - also does the bracket matching highlighting you'd expect in a rich ide.
much of what it (just-code) does interactively has been covered in vs2010 but not all of it, and it's certainly substantailly cheaper than upgrading vs2008 to 2010.
good luck - happy coding.
- Eclipse kind of editor for Visual Studio 2008
- Moving From Eclipse to Visual Studio 2008
- Eclipse eye for a Visual Studio guy
- TFS Eclipse throws an error "The character 0x007c ('|') is not permitted in server paths" after updating visual studio for mac to support iPad OS 13
- Visual Studio toolchain in Eclipse for C++
- Does Visual Studio for C# have these Eclipse for Java features?
- What is the preferred visual editor Eclipse plugin for Swing apps in 2011?
- Import Eclipse C++ Workspace Into Visual Studio Code for Linux
- Eclipse equivalent for Visual Studio ALT + select text over multiple rows
- In eclipse for java Is there anything like Visual Studio Custom Debugger Visualizers
- Eclipse for Visual Studio dummies
- Is it possible to make Visual Studio C++ 2008 check for errors as you type like Eclipse?
- Visual Studio 2017 equivalent for Eclipse Quick outline (Ctrl + O)
- Equivalent to Eclipse "Compare Editor" for Visual Studio (2010 Professional Edition)
- Eclipse keyboard bindings in Visual Studio 2008
- Visual Studio 2008 automatically add namespaces like Eclipse
- Bringing convenience of Java code assistant from Eclipse to Visual Studio 2010 for native C++ projects
- Any ideas of what unit testing framework I should use for Visual Studio and Eclipse (Code Red)
- Visual Editor for eclipse
- Plugin for Eclipse or Visual Studio that lets me see an overview of the Text similar to Sublime Text
- Eclipse Top Plugins to get for a Visual Studio Developer
- Visual Editor for eclipse not associated with a class
- Automatically prepend std:: to cout, etc. in Visual Studio for C++ and Eclipse
- Eclipse editor rightside-bar in visual studio
- Lightweight SQL editor for Eclipse
- Visual Studio's keybindings for Eclipse
- Making Eclipse behave like Visual Studio
- No line numbers in Eclipse or Android Studio XML editor
More Query from same tag
- Sending data from PC to Android via USB
- Intellij IDEA how to order methods after pressing Ctrl+space by order without already used
- Eclipse error on running any project: Unknown error: Conversion = '1'
- How to change Gradle version in Eclipse using Buildship?
- Android Project error on Eclipse
- Haskell Plugin on Eclipse is not visible
- Scanf executed before printf in Eclipse
- Why won't the dialog box come up when I run this code in Eclipse?
- Eclipse uses wrong maven dependency in launch configuration
- Issue loading context from ClassPathXmlApplicationContext
- How to understand the code flow in nuxeo
- Restrict access to classes and methods according to a predefined API
- How can I set of image size according to screen size with universal image loader.jar?
- Java 17 null case with pattern matching
- The serializable class Employee does not declare a static final serialVersionUID field of type long
- eclipse automatic file encoding detection
- Error 403 when try to deploy a maven project with tomcat-maven-plugin
- How to show ProgressMonitorDialog along with Progress in Status Line
- OutOfMemoryError on Eclipse using a webapp when compiling on browser
- egit marks files as dirty after switching branch
- Unable to open eclipse marketplace
- Find method contents from a method in superclass? (Java/Eclipse)
- JDBC data source not working when project deployed on tomcat
- Device Chooser shows physical phone, but not GalaxyTab
- How to use EMF to read XML file?
- In Eclipse debug mode, when I click "step into" it complains me "source not found"
- No horizontal scrollbar with the PyDev Plugin in Eclipse
- How to view multiple projects in one window in IntelliJ IDEA IDE?
- How to disable KEY-ENTER behaviour in Eclipse RCP PreferencePage
- gogo: BundleException: An error occurred trying to read the bundle in OSGi with Equinox