Here's an update: I've been using Veloeclipse and it works well, not sure what led to my original comment about not working with Eclipse 3.4 but I am definitely using it with 3.4 now. Veloeclipse works better than Veloedit and Velocity Web Editor, in my opinion.
the last release was 2006 so, I don't think that it's actively maintained anymore. Too bad that veloedit doesn't work.
Ok, I tried it again and now it worked. Must have something to do with my installation. So for me veloedit is the way to go :)
Next Edit: On the next day, I got Eclipse exceptions again, when I started to use the veloedit editor. Now I'm just using a regular html/jsp editor to have at least some kind oh html syntax highlighting...
Velocity Web Edit
you can download Veloeclipse for Velocity Template from
I have installed Veloeclipse since Veloedit raised exceptions when opening the editor and it works fine with eclipse 3.5.2.
In order to install it, I had to deselect "Group items by category" in the "Install new software..." dialog.
- Velocity editor plugin for Eclipse Luna
- Velocity editor plugin for Eclipse?
- Eclipse plugin for HTML WYSIWYG editor
- Velocity editor for eclipse indigo (3.7.x)
- What is the preferred visual editor Eclipse plugin for Swing apps in 2011?
- How to change the font for Eclipse Twist scenario editor (Eclipse Plugin - ThoughtWorks Studios)
- Cannot create text hover for my editor in Eclipse plugin development
- Using more than one preference store for Eclipse Editor Plugin
- eclipse plugin for jason (Agentspeak) could not open the editor
- How do I view diffs made to a program file in the Eclipse editor using Perforce's plugin for Eclipse?
- How to install plugin for Eclipse from .zip
- Lightweight SQL editor for Eclipse
- Eclipse plugin for generating a class diagram
- Eclipse plugin for TypeScript?
- Eclipse plugin for code coverage
- Eclipse plugin for Objective-C?
- Aptana Plugin for Eclipse and jQuery code assist
- C# plugin for Eclipse
- How to remove trailing whitespace in PyDev plugin for Eclipse
- How do I delete an Eclipse perspective for a plugin I uninstalled?
- Maven for Eclipse 1.5.0 plugin cannot be installed under Kepler
- Best XML editor for Eclipse
- Looking for up-to-date eclipse plugin for C#
- Installing the ADT Plugin for Eclipse
- Installing ADT plugin in Eclipse for Android development
- Restore maven plugin for a project on eclipse
- eclipse xml editor inserts tabs for spaces
- Best Eclipse plugin for Maven 3
More Query from same tag
- import labview vi into java
- How to fix my AVD in Eclipse ADT?
- Compile/Open Eclipse bundled plugins
- Maven filtering web.xml for Tomcat embedded in Eclipse
- Change location of .project and .cproject files in Eclipse CDT
- Cant retrieve file using relative path
- Need to refactor field names in eclipse which should change getters/setters as well
- Change default dynamic web module version in Eclipse
- Error while installing check style plugin for eclipse
- Passing a socket object to another activity on Android
- How to reference a .jar file within a Java program in Eclipse
- Launch a mapreduce job from eclipse
- Jersey Services with Tomcat and Eclipse
- Lauch Eclipse SWT window application from command line error
- Running a Map Reduce Program in Eclipse
- Exported package doesn't visible in runtime
- How can I write a reference to one of two things?
- How to reference a non-maven project (in eclipse workspace) from a maven project?
- Is this serialVersionUID a universal version identifier?
- SensorManager.registerListener wants a SensorListener despite its depreciation
- Is it possible to save the workspace between different (Plugin) runs?
- problems with android ndk-gdb
- Tomcat don't load maven provided dependencies
- "Build path entry is missing" error when trying to create a new project in Eclipse
- I always get warning when I add text or button in Eclipse
- Using SVN or source control inside eclipse for beginners
- Reverse Engineering Code in UML using ecplise
- Eclipse is not picking up my Android devices target API
- Eclipse error message in selenium in TestNg related to maven (org.testng.eclipse.maven.Maven ...)
- Using Eclipse to interface with GitHub for non-supported language