If you want to search in files: Ctrl+H and then choose tab
If you want to search for resources: Ctrl+Shift+R.
If you want to search for Java types: Ctrl+Shift+T.
If you want more shortcut keys: Ctrl+Shift+L.
There's also a plugin called MouseFeed that shows all keyboard shortcuts for the menu operations you do. You could even set it to prevent you from using the menu alternative and force you to use the shortcut.
A good way to help you become quicker at using Eclipse.
Edit: The domain associated with the plugin seems to be gone now and replaced with a porn site. So at this point the status of the plugin is a bit unsure :)
Preferences menu and select the
Keys tab to see and change any key binding.
Shortcut for this: Press two times CTRL + Shift + L
There is no default shortcut to open the "Search a File" dialog directly.
Anyway you can use CTRL + H to open the "Search Dialog".
You can also use CTRL + Shift + L to open the "Key Assist" which will show you all configured shortcuts as a kind of tooltip.
Pressing again CTRL + Shift + L in the "Key Assist", you can directly configure your own shortcuts. Enter "File Search" for the filter and simply set your own key combination.
I often search for a file and want also to open it directly. So I use the "Search for Resource" Dialog called with CTRL + Shift + R.
- Searching files in Eclipse
- Searching through *.class files in eclipse
- Eclipse searching files in specific package
- Searching for references within project in Eclipse brings .class files instead of .java file
- Searching for .class files in an eclipse project's Referenced Library
- Searching in auto generated files with Eclipse
- searching through .jar files eclipse
- Searching Java Files With Specific Import in Eclipse
- Which Eclipse files belong under version control?
- Search for all files in project containing the text 'querystring' in Eclipse
- Get source jar files attached to Eclipse for Maven-managed dependencies
- How to format all Java files in an Eclipse project at one time?
- Replace String in all files in Eclipse
- Searching a string in eclipse workspace
- Android eclipse DDMS - Can't access data/data/ on phone to pull files
- Eclipse change project files location
- Eclipse projects not showing up after placing project files in workspace/projects
- Adding a standard comment header to all source files in eclipse
- Eclipse recent files
- What are the gigantic *.CFS files all about in Eclipse workspace plugin folder?
- Excluding file types in Eclipse / Aptana find in files search
- Restore Deleted Files in Eclipse IDE
- Adding author name in Eclipse automatically to existing files
- Eclipse and EGit: How to easily review changes to ALL modified files before committing to *local* repository
- Eclipse :: Hide .svn files in Open Resource dialog
- How to use Gradle to generate Eclipse and Intellij project files for Android projects
- Eclipse SVN client (Subclipse) doesn't show status icons on files
- Graphical Layout tab does not appear for some layout files into Eclipse
- Where does Eclipse save the list of files to open on startup?
- Eclipse autocomplete not working in some Java files
More Query from same tag
- Problems With Birt On Eclipse 2019-12 (O/S Ubuntu 20.04)
- How to Extends apps into SmartWatch
- In Eclipse, how do you rename / refactor all names that occur AFTER the current one
- Cannot open XML files in Graphical Layout: FakeAdapter cannot be cast to BaseAdapter
- Java parsing XML document gives "Content not allowed in prolog." error
- Programmatically rearrange diagram
- How to resolve 'Offline / Missing artifact org.geotools:gt-shapefile:jar:17-SNAPSHOT' in Maven?
- java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lorg/hamcrest/BaseDescription; Conversion to Dalvik format failed with error 1
- AVD emulator not launching in Eclipse
- How to checkout from GitHub tag?
- Why does Eclipse P2 download files from eclipse.org every time?
- how this error "Resource Leak scanner is never closed " can affect the code
- eclipse running programs without jdk
- Maven: adding a reference to a parent pom project
- can't getPreferences but it keeps changes (can see in manu layout)
- How to make an eclipse partstack not disappear when the last part is closed?
- Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2
- Initialize 2dim array in java by method
- GDB does not break on some lines of code when using multiple source files
- XCode include necessary header files
- DrawerLayout and Gravity compat not included in android.support.v4
- Eclipse Product or Application
- svn resource path
- how to spot and fix differences between eclipse and maven build?
- How to integrate web service (soap) with JUnit
- Turn off sorting of modified files in Project Explorer in Eclipse
- Can't compile in Eclipse - unhandled event loop exception
- Using Scala's worksheet, clarification needed
- Link to resources
- Starting Websphere from Eclipse hangs when security is enabled