When I ran into this same issue, I resolved it by changing work space.
Change the jre pointed by your server(tomcat or anything...) point to a JDK instead of JRE
Check for the version of JDK in Window --> Preferences -->Java compiler and then set the same JDK in Window --> Preferences -->Project Facets -->Java
1.Window Menu -> Preferences 2.On the left, select Server -> Runtime Environments 3.Highlight The server you want for your project and select the “Edit…” button 4.On the “Edit Server Runtime Environment” dialog, change the JRE to be a Java 7 JDK or JRE. 5.Rebuild your project and the error should go away.
Double click the Tomcat server->run time environment->installed jre->select jdk 1.7
I've just had the same thing. My solution was to remove the 1.6 JRE in Installed JRE's and tick the Java 1.7 one.
This can be found in Window --> Preferences --> Java --> Installed JRE's
Just as Boopathi says.
I had also encountered the same problem a while ago when upgrading from Java version 1.6 to 1.7. To resolve this I followed below steps.
- Right Click on the Project on Project Explorer and click on Properties.
- Navigate to Java Build Path > “Libraries”
- Delete any conflicted libraries which have red cross mark on the icons.
- Check & edit if necessary the JRE System Library Jars.
- Navigate to Project Facets and select the required java version.
Try them if you have not found the solution yet.
You need to check what type of JRE is there installed in your IDE,
- Project facet Java version 1.7 is not supported
- Project facet Java version 1.7 is not supported
- Java compiler level does not match the version of the installed Java project facet
- Version 1.8 of project facet java does not exist
- Project facet WebSphere Web (Co-existence) version 8.0 is not supported
- Cannot change project facet java version to 1.7 (Option not available)
- Project facet Java version 1.8 is not supported, Tomcat 9, Eclipse Oxygen
- Project facet Cloud Foundry Standalone Application version 1.0 is not supported
- Project not deploying due to "Project facet Java 1.7 is not supported by this server."
- Eclipse error adding web application to websphere liberty profile. Project facet Dynamic Web Module version 2.5 is not supported
- One or more constraints have not been satisfied. Cannot install project facet Java 1.8. Some version of this project facet is already installed
- Getting "Project facet Java version 1.8 is not supported." in Eclipse Luna
- Project facet Dynamic Web Module 4.0 is not supported by this server
- Java compiler level does not match the version of the installed Java project facet", but it does
- Trying to add JUnit3 library to Java project in Eclipse ADT - "the selected JUnit version is not available."
- Cannot change version of project facet Dynamic Web Module to 3.0?
- Eclipse: The resource is not on the build path of a Java project
- This compilation unit is not on the build path of a Java project
- Cannot change version of project facet Dynamic Web Module to 2.5
- Maven project not being treated as Java in Eclipse
- eclipse not inserting "diamond" operator in a java 8 project
- How can I use the java Eclipse Abstract Syntax Tree in a project outside Eclipse? (ie not an eclipse plugin)
- imported maven project does not appear as java project. Shows folders
- Issues with maven project running in eclipse, not recognized as Java project
- The project may be using a version of Gradle that does not contain the method 'compileSdkVersion()'
- Why am I getting "Project facet Cloud Foundry Standalone Application version 1.0 is not supported"?
- Import existing java project in eclipse but design view not exist for JFrame?
- ant and java 8 - "major version 52 is newer than 51, the highest major version supported by this compiler"
- Java Web Project not building correctly
- How do I change the Java version of my "installed project facet" in Eclipse?
More Query from same tag
- Hide unresolved import error
- Eclipse treats "src" folder as a package after using git
- No Android Project available
- Android support library not working (Eclipse)
- java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Lotus\Notes\nlsxbe.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform
- REST service deployed and tomcat manager configured properly, but accessing the service throws a 404
- Android error activity manager type 3 (Eclipse, using jni)
- SWT Section setTextClient Putting the Composite in the End of the Title Bar
- Can't add Sherlock library to Eclipse
- two web projects sharing same base source code in eclipse
- Selenium test case script with JUnit is not working on eclipse for Firefox driver
- 404 error on running the project on Mac OSX
- Image download from server URL android
- Cannot install BPEL for Netbeans
- Eclipse is not showing some of my projects
- Clear Workspace before starting new test case
- whitelist url in Eclipse Android project
- Android eclipse - android.jar duplicated in libs folder and Referenced Libraries
- Project in eclipse lost references to SVN
- Eclipse/GGTS crash with Java 7 on Mac OS X?
- Error with Autogenerated file BuildConfig.java - Android
- problem with resources and android library project
- How can I get the VM method signature of a method in Eclipse?
- Eclipse Error Highlighting with Auto C++
- JavaFX Ant build failed, JDK 10.0.2 Eclipse Photon
- How to move Eclipse project to Netbeans IDE
- Error running *.c file in Eclipse Kepler
- Warning: Keybinding conflicts occurred in Eclipse ADT
- Unable to install WildFly/ JBoss Server in Eclipse IDE Photon Release Candidate 3 (4.8.0RC3)
- Eclipse plug-in capabilities?