It is kind of funny/misleading, but Eclipse doesn't provide an "Open" command. You need to use "File"->"Import"->"General"->"Import Existing Project" to be able to use your existing project.
you have to uncheck
'Copy projects into workspace' if the project is already in the workspace
You will see the same in Project Explorer. As If you do any checkout , it will fall in Project explorer syn with your workspace.
Importing existing projects You can use the Import Wizard to command link import an existing project into workspace.
From the main menu bar, select command link File > Import.... The Import wizard opens. Select General > Existing Project into Workspace and click Next. Choose either Select root directory or Select archive file and click the associated Browse to locate the directory or file containing the projects. Under Projects select the project or projects which you would like to import. Click Finish to start the import.
It is already open, but your windows "Package explorer" and "Project explorer" are closed and you do not see it. Go to Tab Window then Show view and chose any of them.
I had the same Problem as Nuraiz but i was able to work around.
You have to select the project you want to open and uncheck the 'Copy projects into workspace'. Then switch the radio button either from "Select root directory" to "Select archive file" or the other way round and switch it back afterwards.
You can now magically select your project or maybe it is already selected.
If you are using Eclipse for Mac, you have to create a new project with the same name as the folder that contains the project, which is already in the workspace. Do nothing else (no imports), just finish the wizard, and you will find all the subfolders and files in the new project created.
It's very misleading though, I had the same problem and it got me half an hour to solve it.
- Opening an Eclipse project already in my workspace
- A project with that name already exists in the workspace eclipse
- Import a project as different name in same workspace in eclipse indigo .It shows already available
- Eclipse project is not visible in eclipse which already exist in workspace
- Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace error in Eclipse
- Eclipse + EGit: clone project into workspace
- Eclipse import project error, overlaps workspace location
- Eclipse project already exists
- Create a project in Eclipse in a subfolder of the workspace
- How to transfer Eclipse workspace and project from Windows to Linux and Mac
- "The project: swing which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist" in Eclipse when project name is the same as workspace name
- Move Android Eclipse project into workspace
- Eclipse missing already imported required project
- Importing an existing Eclipse project into MyEclipse workspace
- Definining user libraries in Eclipse as part of a project and not a workspace
- How to synchronize Eclipse project workspace with Git-BitBucket?
- Opening various main.py files in Eclipse without creating a new project
- manually renaming project in eclipse workspace
- Convert Eclipse Workspace to Android Studio Project
- How can i import a Eclipse launch-group configuration into another workspace along with project
- Disable the building of one project in an Eclipse workspace
- how to check the current workspace of Eclipse and the project on that workspace using java program?
- Eclipse : Import maven project into current workspace location
- Problems by import of a multiple modules maven 2 project into eclipse workspace
- Eclipse opening blank workspace
- Eclipse hangs while opening workspace after upgrading to GWT 2.0/Google app engine 1.2.8
- should I create workspace for each java project in eclipse
- Opening LibGDX project in Eclipse (ADT Bundle)
- Copy an existing folder into newly created project in Eclipse workspace
More Query from same tag
- Geotools Quickstart tutorial JFileDataStoreChooser.showOpenFile is causing error
- Eclipse is not creating structure for Enterprise Application Projects
- Unable to add XMLSlurper to Eclipse Groovy project
- Installing GWT M2E Eclipse plugin
- How to Set the Alarm Ringtone from Within My Alarm Application in Android
- Eclipse doesn't suggest a class that needs to be imported later
- @Nonnull by default in eclipse/kepler
- Getting error while creating an instance of JSONObject
- How to solve this, Exception caught during execution of merge command. org.eclipse.jgit.errors.MissingObjectException:
- Eclipse - Android TextView widget - No properties dialog
- creating VerticalRuler and add Information
- Pydev-pylint fix all errors at once
- Eclipse workspace issue
- Eclipse with cmake4eclipse: Editor does not recognize symbols defined in CMakeLists.txt
- Error Setting Python Plugin on Eclipse: Using an Unsupported version (Python and JPython)
- Exporting to Runnable jar with extra native code libraries in eclipse
- The user process is waiting for "Building a workspace" to complete in eclipse
- Xdebug configuration with PHP fastcgi and eclipse?
- More compact Eclipse autocomplete code
- Exporting source images for JAR
- Eclipse compiler error/warnings preferences
- Difference between 32 and 64 bit Eclipse
- How to disable android studio unit tests (androidTest)
- Codebase of Eclipse using generic
- How to change Eclipse RCP product exe properties
- Is there a way to execute an ant target before a commit in eclipse?
- Maven runs JUnit tests in Eclipse but compilation fails from the command line
- App-Engine JDO consistent reading not working, maybe caching?
- Javadoc not working in eclipse