Navigate > Back (Alt+Left_Arrow) already allows to navigate back to previous cursor positions even in the same file. E.g. after you Ctrl+Click on a reference to a local variable (to go to the declaration), then Alt+Left puts the caret back to the reference.
I use the side buttons of my mouse and it works for me
Use bookmarks for that because there is no another way of tracking the necessary code lines. Here is the link about how to use bookmarks http://www.luisdelarosa.com/2005/02/16/eclipse-tip-use-bookmarks-to-track-important-places-in-your-code/
There is Alt+left arrow and Alt+right arrow to navigate to previous/next cursor positions, and CtrlQ to go to the last edited position
Go to Preferences / General / Keys. You'll be able to see or edit the bindings for:
Backward History: default is Alt← Forward History: default is Alt→
You may also use those shortcuts (and see the key bindings) in the toolbar:
answered Sep 7 '12 at 8:27 Denys Séguret
- How to navigate to the last cursor position in Eclipse if it is in the same file and was not edited?
- How to navigate to the last cursor position in Eclipse?
- Eclipse - How to import a local source file into the same folder?
- How to diff two regions of the same file in Eclipse
- Eclipse how to reference file in a different src under the same project
- How to add needed folders to the same directory as that of jar file in eclipse project?
- How do I adjust the position attributes of custom Eclipse markers when a file is edited by typing?
- How to enable the bar showing file location in Eclipse
- Eclipse file search finds the same file multiple times
- How to prevent Eclipse from showing the opened file in package explorer
- How do you open an external Vim editor containing the active Eclipse editor file
- How do I get Logcat for multiple devices running at the same time in Eclipse
- How do you compile an Android project into an .apk file in Eclipse without launching the emulator?
- How to remove a file from an Eclipse project without deleting the file from the disk?
- Eclipse Maven showing multiple paths for the same file
- How to quickly copy the current editing file name or full file path in Eclipse (Luna)?
- How to remove the lock in file association in eclipse
- How to view the contents of jar file in eclipse or jar-file-explorer
- How to install eclipse for java developer,c/c++ developer, php developer at the same time?
- How to get cursor position in an eclipse TextEditor
- How can I debug two projects in eclipse at the same time?
- How to change the default C++ file extension in Eclipse CDT when creating a new file?
- How to use the same source from PhoneGap Build and PhoneGap Android project in Eclipse
- How to configure Eclipse to always launch the last run configuration, not the current file?
- How to set the C++ file extension to .cc in Eclipse for files created when starting a new project?
- How can two eclipse plugin use the same preferences store?
- How to have Eclipse console show the same GoogleTests output as in the terminal?
- How to make an eclipse partstack not disappear when the last part is closed?
- How can I change the view / editor for a file in Eclipse using the keyboard?
More Query from same tag
- Gridview is refreshed from start when scrollbar reaches end
- Send output to program arguments in Java eclipse automatically
- Invalid directory in dfs.data.dir: Failed to set permissions of path: \tmp\hadoop-user\dfs\data to 0755
- Eclipse no longer opens
- How to Loop a simple program in Java?
- Eclipse Android error
- how to increase jboss memory heap size in eclipse
- I've followed official guides to SDL on Android but its not making libmain.so
- Android Ad Size Issue
- Android LoadAnimation error
- How to remote debug the changes on-fly
- If I have a RelativeLayout nested within a ScrollView how can I create a link in TextView
- Tips of how to programming using cocos2d-x on Eclipse for Android
- Is Eclipse more robust than Netbeans for Java web programming?
- Android Emulator error in running simple project
- How can I test a Samsung Smart TV app on my computer from an external server?
- Seam Runtime error in Eclipse
- Run ant deploy script on eclipse save
- Scala IDE for Eclipse compiler support
- Java SWT: How to center content of a column in a Table?
- setting SL4A in PyDev(Eclipse)
- Can I use Play 2.1 Template Editor and autocomplete for HTML?
- Would it be better for me to use 2 applet classes or have 1 applet class and a normal class
- can not load lifecycle mapping metadata for maven project. Cause: Cannot parse version range: [,)
- Eclipse Luna file names not shown in GIT Commit Changes dialogue
- Saving UI design in XML format
- Eclipse doesn't generate class files since project clean
- Eclipse error: "Failed to read the project description file" on importing project
- Shortest Job First for Multiple Queues
- Avoid ant and build automatically instead via eclipse.Is it possible?