I found the solution:
sudo R CMD javareconf
Note: The path (java-7-oracle) needs to be updated based on your Java installation.
When facing missing
limjvm.so errors make sure that the correct
ldpaths is picked up from the standard configuration in
/etc/R versus the one in
This fixes the LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem for me (Linux, Debian 7.1.0, tc-shell, R version 3.0.2):
Add this line to .cshrc:
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/amd64:$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/amd64/server
Adding this command to ~/.login was not enough; the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH was still not known in new xterms: echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH : LD_LIBRARY_PATH: Undefined variable. (Why??)
Curiously, when starting R as superuser, there was no problem with finding libjvm.so .
I fixed this by just running R with sudo, and then running
None of the above worked for me, the only solution that installed
rJava on Linux Ubuntu without any problems was to pass
RScript command after installation of the base R:
$ sudo Rscript -e 'install.packages("rJava", repos = "http://cran.r-project.org/")'
I did not had the jdk installed which I could fix with
sudo apt-get install jdk-*
After that i could run the
sudo R CMD javareconf which always drew an error message before. Everything was set correctly and no manual tweeks where required, and after that package installation ran smootly in R (restart required).
or just set the library in R?
I just ran this command in R:
(replace "/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/server" with your Java library path which can be found running "sudo R CMD javareconf")
Might not be the most elegant solution - but it worked for me!
Years later, I ended up on this question after searching for an error reported by R after I had unsuccessfully installed a package on that required shifting to Oracle's Java.
All I had to do to fix it was:
$ sudo R CMD javareconf
I did the following and it worked for me:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$JAVA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH sudo R CMD javareconf
I had to restart R then as well.
I got similar issue and was able to resolve it by running
R CMD javareconf -e
Output of the R CMD javareconf -e
Java interpreter : /export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27/jre/bin/java Java version : 1.6.0_27 Java home path : /export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27 Java compiler : /export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27/bin/javac Java headers gen.: /export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27/bin/javah Java archive tool: /export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27/bin/jar Java library path: /export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27/jre/lib/amd64/server:/export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27/jre/lib/amd64:/export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27/jre/../lib/amd64:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib JNI linker flags : -L/export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27/jre/lib/amd64/server -L/export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27/jre/lib/amd64 -L/export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27/jre/../lib/amd64 -L/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64 -L/usr/lib64 -L/lib64 -L/lib -L/usr/lib -ljvm JNI cpp flags : -I/export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27/include -I/export/apps/jdk/JDK-1_6_0_27/include/linux The following Java variables have been exported: JAVA_HOME JAVA JAVAC JAVAH JAR JAVA_LIBS JAVA_CPPFLAGS JAVA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH Running: /bin/bash
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the same value as
JAVA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH as shown in the output above. I was able to install rj.
Run R and then install rj by
install.packages(c("rj", "rj.gd"), repos="http://download.walware.de/rj-1.1")
For Linux(Ubuntu) users: If you have oracle-java (7/8) installed. It'll be at this location
sudo access is required.
Create the file
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/java.conf with the following entries:
(Replace java-8-oracle with java-7-oracle depending on your java version)
Restart RStudio and then install the rJava package.
Also an alternative method is to export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH with the value of Java library path obtained from the command
R CMD javareconf -e and run
- error: unable to load installed packages just now
- Unable to load class from installed jar in maven
- I installed another android api, then I got error that adb needs to update, now eclipse not starting
- I have just installed android SDK updates and now my projects are full of errors
- Sonarlint for Eclipse - Unable to load plugin bundleentry error
- How to resolve Unable to load authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password' issue
- SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder". error
- subclipse: Unable to load default SVN Client
- When I load ADT why do I receive the error "The Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version XX.X.X or above?"
- An error occurred while collecting items to be installed (Access is denied)
- Subclipse in Mac OS Lion shows "Unable to load default SVN client" error
- Plug-in com.android.ide.eclipse.adt was unable to load class android
- Getting an error "Could not load definitions from resource net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties. It could not be found."
- Unable to load the repository(PyDev for eclipse)
- Eclipse error "Could not find or load main class"
- Export APK from Eclipse produces error "No Build Tools installed in the SDK"
- An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
- UnsatisfiedLinkError - Unable to load library - Native library not found in resource path
- (Eclipse SDK update error) An error occur while collecting items to be installed
- Eclipse (STS) Welcome dash board error - Unable to see welcome dash board
- Unable to find a javac compiler com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath error
- Error : Unable to execute dex
- Axis2 error : Unable to add the following facets
- Just installed Windows 10 and Eclipse no more starts
- Unable to compile class for JSP error when I'm running my code in eclipse gwt project
- Installing AJDT I got a Plug-in org.eclipse.jdt.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.CompilationUnitEditor
- Unable to run "Hello World" Drools example in Eclipse: runtime exception org.drools.RuntimeDroolsException: Unable to load dialect
- I just installed EGit on Eclipse -- but Where is it?
- plug-in org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui was unable to load class
- Unable to open DDMS in Android Studio. Mysterious Eclipse error pops up
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse execute Maven build with tests
- Opening Quadratic Sieve Jar file in Java
- Add SWT dependency to POM
- GitHub How to supplant known-defective Master with an authoritative Branch
- Android app not showing any error but crash on startup?
- Java EE "JDI Event Dispatch" error
- suitable data structure for storing java project information
- weird behavior when loading jar inside a jar in Java Web Start
- java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: AppCompat does not support the current theme features
- Unable to hot deploy from SpringSource Tool Suite 2.8.1 to GlassFish 3.1
- How to reliably and quickly develop against a remote server with a local IDE?
- How to change port of tomcat from eclipse's tomcat plugin
- Cannot resolve class in same package, async android development using eclipse
- Why won't the GWT designer for eclipse work with GXT 3 widgets?
- Android Studio: Failed to sync Gradle project 'Project Name'
- Unable to configure JIRA in eclipse mylyn task
- symfony2 php codesniffer standard error
- Grabbing the inherited background image of a SWT component (Scrolled Composite)
- ObjectAid equivalent in IntelliJ
- Multi IDE version controlled Java project - Is it possible to do it seamlessly?
- why i got this message[“Variable name” cannot be resolved to a variable]?
- JAR Unable to load text files after export
- Could not find or load main
- Want option back to choose between running app in device or emulator
- Eclipse displaying compilation error messages while using lombok API
- .Jar File Has Compile Errors When Decompiled But Works Properly
- Workspace closed error when trying to use resources/projects outside Eclipse
- Pom.xml error in Eclipse
- Best way to manage a django project on a remote server with eclipse
- Is there any way to change Eclipse editor navigation to Vim style?