In WTP you can download plugins for many different web container or Java EE application servers.
To do so go to
Runtime Environments =>
Add... Select the server(s) you want to work with.
However, as Raghuram as pointed out, you'd probably be better off starting from the 'Eclipse for Java EE developers` altogether. This is because WTP is built on top of many 'infrastructure' plugins such as EMF and the dependencies are sometimes wobbly because all these plugins evolve in a parallel manner... and more often than not, API change ;-)
I had the same issue. I used @sibley solution but tomcat8.5 and over were missing. To correct that I had to click on Help>Check for Update. This will bring all missing tomcat
As akavel said, make sure "JST Server Adapters Extensions" are installed too. Tomcat didn't show up for me until I installed that plugin.
I met the same problem before but my eclipse is indigo and also downloaded WTP... orz no tomcat found. However, I resolved by doing following:
- Go to Help > Install New Software...
- From the Work With, select "Indigo - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo"
- From the list, select "Web, XML, and Java EE Development"
- Then select "JST Server Adapters"
After installed this, when I add New Server, I can see Tomcat available for selection. :) hope this helps too~
Depending on how you installed it, you might have skipped the "JST Server Adapters" (org.eclipse.jst.server_adapters.ext) and "JST Server Adapters Extensions" feature that actually contains the Apache Tomcat support.
- Eclipse WTP plugin no Apache Tomcat adapter
- Maven webapp with Eclipse and WTP plugin deploy files in stranges ways in Tomcat
- Apache Tomcat Not Showing in Eclipse Server Runtime Environments
- difference between clean and clean working directory in Eclipse WTP with Tomcat
- Eclipse - Target runtime Apache Tomcat v7.0 is not defined
- How to add Tomcat 8 to Eclipse Kepler without installing the big whole WTP package
- apache Tomcat installation directory in ubuntu / configure Tomcat in eclipse + ubuntu
- Installing Apache Maven Plugin for Eclipse
- apache tomcat 9.x not working with eclipse & Java 10.0.1
- How to deploy created .jar file in Apache Tomcat server in Eclipse IDE?
- How to tell Eclipse 3.4 WTP to not restart tomcat on JSP save?
- Download and install button in greyed out in Eclipse for Apache Tomcat v8.0
- missing classes after publish web project into tomcat using eclipse wtp
- Apache Tomcat 9 Not Showing in Eclipse Server Runtime Environments
- Decreasing log level in Eclipse WTP with Tomcat 7
- Automatic WSDL Java Stub generation in Eclipse Workspace using Apache CXF and CXF Maven Plugin
- Eclipse unable to add apache tomcat 10
- Strange behavior of Eclipse WTP deployment of dependencies in Tomcat server
- "HTTP Status 404 - /" (localhost:8080) when trying to install apache tomcat in Eclipse
- 414 URI too long with Apache Tomcat Eclipse
- Eclipse: Apache Tomcat doesn't update my project until I restarted Eclipse
- Eclipse WTP / m2eclipse - can neither clean nor publish to tomcat
- Apache Tomcat in Eclipse with a proxied network
- Error when deploying tomcat app on aws elastic beanstalk via aws eclipse plugin
- How to run an Eclipse Dynamic Web Application with Apache Tomcat Server?
- How to add apache tomcat v9 in eclipse
- eclipse can not determine apache tomcat 7 on ubuntu
- Is there an eclipse WTP plugin for jQuery development?
- Apache Tomcat 7.0 not working properly with eclipse EE juno version
- Eclipse and Apache Axis2 plugin Java Soap -- Class not found
More Query from same tag
- Why Can't Eclipse locate source code for primitives and containers?
- how to work with html resources in a blackberry-eclipse application?
- IBM Worklight 6.0 - Build issues
- Quick Keys for Code Cleanup in Eclipse
- Multiple Android Supprt files in Project and libraries
- Error While installing Android Adt Bundle with eclipse
- Debugging with Eclipse CDT and GDB
- Want to transfer information contained in a database in one iteration of an app to another iteration on a different phone
- Eclipse Maven - Auto Increment pom version before committing to GitHub?
- select multiple image from gridview and display in other activity
- Eclipse doesn't parse gcc output
- Referencing a library project in AndroidManifest.xml
- What's a good Lua IDE for linux?
- In need of help of with a while loop program
- How to refactor test code together with production code?
- Unable to locate the Javac Compiler when compiling with maven - Unable to locate the Javac Compiler in:
- Eclipse CDT indexing not working to find declarations within the project
- Authenticating Git Repository regardless the server authentication
- Eclipse does not read the correct context root of web modules values from EAR that is compiled with Maven when it published to WebSphere
- Java code - area of a polygon
- Project Explorer showing only "src" folders instead of projects
- I am getting HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error on executing this code in eclipse.How can I able to solve the error in my java project
- Why can't Eclipse push down static fields?
- dispatchKeyEvent not called
- Getting the Context of the enclosing object
- Monitor a class change through version control with an IDE
- Install hadoop plugin for eclipse oxygen
- Example on how to use IContextFunction in Eclipse 4
- Gradle Artifactory plugin error
- Android menu using slide menu library