If you've already created the server, you can edit the server.xml template it copies. If you use the project explorer, It is under Other Projects->Servers->Tomcat Server Name->server.xml
Provided you have the certificate(s) and keystore as mentioned earlier in this post, I found the following solution to configuring Eclipse to be able to communicate with SSL-enabled servers. When using the Tomcat configuration tool, you must add entries to the "Java" tab, "Java Options" text box, as follows:
-Dbusinessobjects.orb.oci.protocol=ssl -Dcertdir=c:\ssl -DtrustedCert=c:\ssl\cacert.der -DsslCert=c:\ssl\servercert.der -DsslKey=c:\ssl\server.key -Dpassphrase=c:\ssl\passphrase.txt
Similarly in Eclipse, right click on the server name in the Project Explorer window, click Profile As | Profile Configurations | Arguments, and append the same options listed above to the "VM Arguments:" text box. That should allow you to run and debug programs againse SSL-enabled servers.
I figured it out. When you first create a new server in the Servers view by right clicking in it and selecting New > Server. Eclipse WTP takes your existing server.xml file from the tomcat installation and creates the new server.xml file for your project using the original as a template.
If you modify the original server.xml with the configuration you need BEFORE creating a new server in eclipse you will retain those settings.
It's too bad eclipse doesn't allow adding these types of configurations after the fact.
Here is how you get it to work:
Create the keystore:
keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keypass mypassword -keystore keystore.jks -storepass mypassword -keyalg RSA -validity 360 -keysize 2048
(Follow through the prompts and fill in the information)
It should then save a keystore.key file to your home directory.
To get it to work in eclipse :
<Connector port="8443" SSLEnabled="true" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75" enableLookups="true" disableUploadTimeout="true" acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLSv1" keystoreFile="/home/myUsername/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/conf/keystore.key" keystorePass="mypassword" />
The above path for keystoreFile is something you absolutely need to get right for this to work. When eclipse uses a workspace metadata location to run tomcat, it copies over some files into a path that looks like the above. On OS X this would be:
Hope that helps.
For More Reference : SSL/TLS Configuration HOW-TO in Apache Tomcat 7
- Eclipse WTP: How do I enable SSL on Tomcat?
- How to add Tomcat 8 to Eclipse Kepler without installing the big whole WTP package
- How to tell Eclipse 3.4 WTP to not restart tomcat on JSP save?
- How to enable compile-time aspectj weaving for Eclipse embedded Tomcat
- How to auto set crossContext in an Eclipse WTP Tomcat
- How do I enable index downloads in Eclipse for Maven dependency search?
- How to enable C++11/C++0x support in Eclipse CDT?
- How to enable LogCat/Console in Eclipse for Android?
- How to enable C++11 in Eclipse Juno/Kepler/Luna CDT?
- How to enable the Java keyword assert in Eclipse program-wise?
- Eclipse - How can I change a 'Project Facet' from Tomcat 6 to Tomcat 5.5?
- How to enable the bar showing file location in Eclipse
- Eclipse WTP plugin no Apache Tomcat adapter
- How to enable gdb pretty printing for C++ STL objects in Eclipse CDT?
- difference between clean and clean working directory in Eclipse WTP with Tomcat
- How to run a Maven Project In Tomcat From Eclipse
- How to add Tomcat Server in eclipse
- How to deploy Java web application project from Eclipse to live Tomcat server?
- How to enable CORS in apache tomcat
- How do you enable C++11 syntax in Eclipse Neon?
- How to set JVM arguments in tomcat that work both in eclipse and using the startup.bat
- How to change default Eclipse WTP "Web Resources" dynamic folder
- How to turn off the Javadoc hover in Eclipse (or selectively enable it)?
- How can I enable the Task List in Eclipse for a Java Project?
- How to deploy created .jar file in Apache Tomcat server in Eclipse IDE?
- How can I enable the Box (or Block) Selection in Eclipse IDE?
- How does Eclipse deploy Web Application using Tomcat
- missing classes after publish web project into tomcat using eclipse wtp
- How do i enable tabwidth of 2 in eclipse for erb?
- Decreasing log level in Eclipse WTP with Tomcat 7
More Query from same tag
- Dynamically populating List View from Website XML data Android
- How to create an osgi fragment with Bnd?
- Run Maven Build after Existing Maven Build in Eclipse
- Pass -D parameter to maven from m2eclipse run dialog
- How do I wait for IWorkbenchWindow to become available?
- How to Control Margin of R Plot in Sweave Using Eclipse with Yap (.dvi)?
- Rapidxml and start tags
- When I click the Button it doesn't work (Android)
- Milo: Connect to (public) OPC-UA-Server
- Eclipse Luna 4.4.1 - Find/Replace only able to find whole words
- How do I change stdin Stream with Eclipse run command?
- JSHint and eclipse plugin
- eclipse debugging shows source files with wrong line numbers
- How to add native library to "java.library.path" with Eclipse launch (instead of overriding it)
- XML parsing images URL inside content
- Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract in class file javax/persistence/InheritanceType
- Hibernate: Disable logging to console WITHOUT log4j
- Eclipse Galileo is not running over Java 1.8 machine
- How to run multi module project in Spring boot
- How to fix Eclipse ADT Plugin 22.3 / SDK Tools 22.3 with broken properties window?
- Invalid form location when placing form in table header
- Options Menu cannot override?
- Eclipse - Just uninstalled Java 1.7 (still have Java 1.6 on my machine), but now Eclipse won't recognize any java stuff
- E4 lifeCycleURI property for fragment plugin
- Syntax error on token “Invalid Character”, delete this token
- java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gluegen-rt in java.library.path
- NullPointerException at OnClickListener in Eclipse
- Invoking Eclipse's export to xml programatically
- showing line errors in visual studio
- Git ignore a specific file in Eclipse