the implementors plugin does pretty much exactly what you ask for. if there is only one implementation it will open it directly, otherwise it will let you choose.
in eclipse 3.5, when you hover over
dothings while holding down the control key, a pop up box gives you two options to click on:
- open declaration
- open implementation
there's a screenshot as the second section of the eclipse 3.5 new & noteworthy page for jdt:
go to window > preferences > general > editors > text editors > hyperlinking, and uncheck open declaration.
from now on, when you hold ctrl while hovering over a method name, the following popup will be displayed. just click on the method name and the implementation will be opened (or a types implementing xxx box, if more than one implementation exists).
you will still be able to use the open declaration feature by pressing f3.
- move the cursor to the method call
- press ctrl + t
- select your desired implementation
- hit enter
this also works if there are several implementors.
- ctrl-click goes to the declaration of the method I clicked. For interfaces with one implementation, how can I just directly go to that implementation?
- Creating a war file of the whole project and a jar file for a class with main method (along with the dependent classes and jar files) using maven
- HTTP Status 500 - Unable to compile class for JSP in Eclipse with the Date method
- What is the keyboard shortcut for method suggestions in Eclipse on Mac OS X?
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- I have to click the button twice for it to work
- How do I find the correct Maven archetype project for developing with Scala in Eclipse?
- Is it possible to use the Gradle build system for Android with Eclipse?
- How to set up the Eclipse for remote C debugging with gdbserver?
- What version of Eclipse is included with the SDK ADT bundle for Android Dev?
- Getting error message with spring "cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'beans'."
- Eclipse: how to update a JUnit test file with newly added method in the source file?
- Eclipse IDE with Android - exceptions while opening XML files for the first time
- How can I perform the searches Java IDEs do for method references programmatically?
- The method getJspApplicationContext(ServletContext) is undefined for the type JspFactory
- need help setting up SQLite on eclipse with java for the first time
- The method builder() is undefined for the type BuilderExample
- Does eclipse have a debugger "step into selected" option that prompts for the method to step into?
- I have eclipse with pydev and i set the background to black and text white. now when i click on any word, is highlighted in a yellow color
- How can I map the ctrl click functionality in Eclipse to a middle mouse click?
- The method getString(int) is undefined for the type Apps
- Is the Akka Actors library installed with the Scala IDE for Scala 2.10?
- How to fix The method startActivity(Intent) is undefined for the type new View.OnClickListener() syntax error
- Ctrl+Space overwrite method with the one selected
- Struggling with "Missing styles. Is the correct theme chosen for this layout?" issue
- How can I edit report texts with the ADT for Eclipse?
- How to get the enclosing method node with JDT?
- JavaDoc: Reduce redundancy for Repeated Method Descriptions within the Same Class
- Getting "The method isEmpty() is undefined for the type Optional" Error in Java File
- Why won't the GWT designer for eclipse work with GXT 3 widgets?
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse Formatter: How to avoid indentation of method declaration after annotation?
- Learning python from a book and need a little help here
- Eclipse oxygen p2 repository unresponsive
- Android SDK Manager Update - Eclipse Not generating activity_main, main.java, or correct manifest
- In Eclipse, how do I see the input to Assert.assertEquals when it fails?
- Eclipse conio.h resolving error
- Intellij 'Go to symbol' shortcut in eclipse?
- how to run java web application in eclipse with current modification in file
- Eclipse + Android SDK errors in code
- The package org.w3c.dom is accessible from more than one module: <unnamed>, java.xml
- How to change package name of Android Project in Eclipse?
- Code not working(android)
- bundle exception in eclipse upgrade 4.5.2 to 4.10
- unable to create a new android project in eclipse
- JAVA JAX-WS Deployment (JAVA Eclipse EE IDE)
- The type org.eclipse.jdt.annotation.NonNull cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
- How to launch chrome browser from Jenkins directly instead of using code in eclipse
- Why Does Eclipse Think a Servlet 3.0 Web App is still a Servlet 2.4 Web App?
- Google App Engine: ClassNotFoundException after deploy but runs fine on local server
- Build multiple architecture SWT application with Maven
- Distributed Java desktop app mySQL database
- How to include currency symbol for the converted currencies?
- is there an Eclipse Product Export Wizard setting to set Locations to resolve plugins?
- Different result between eclipse and text editor
- Google play services revision 18 can't detect Meta-data tag in manifest
- View remote Tomcat logs in Eclipse Console
- Make more than one run able file while exporting project eclipse java
- Application not Starting
- java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException error
- Where is mvn.exe when using embedded maven 3 in eclipse indigo?