In my case the error was due a special character in the password:
Changing App Name doesn't create any problem while you signing the application. you might have entered a wrong password or keystore-alias.
And you cannot create a new keystore to sign the application. If you done so then it is another application and you cannot updated the currently existing application.
Try re-sign the app with First Keystore with proper keystore-alias and password. It may be hard for you but if you fail to re-sign with the first keystore file then you cannot update the app with second version.
Solution: The KeyStore password and The Key password should be the same.
Changing both passwords using keytool
Change KeyStore password
keytool -storepasswd -new %newpassword% -keystore %YourKeyStore%.jks
replace %newpassword% with your actual password, same with YourKeyStore
Change Alias key Password
keytool -keypasswd -alias %MyKeyAlias% -new %newpassword% -keystore KeyStore.jks
Note: supply old passwords for both keystore and alias when asked for them
- Cannot recover key
- Tomcat in Eclipse giving java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException- Cannot recover key error
- R cannot be resolved - Android error
- Cannot change version of project facet Dynamic Web Module to 3.0?
- Cannot run Eclipse; JVM terminated. Exit code=13
- Eclipse says: “Workspace in use or cannot be created, chose a different one.” How do I unlock a workspace?
- Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace error in Eclipse
- Eclipse cannot load SWT libraries
- Java project in Eclipse: The type java.lang.Object cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
- Eclipse - "Workspace in use or cannot be created, chose a different one."
- What is the Auto-Alignment Shortcut Key in Eclipse?
- The current branch is not configured for pull No value for key branch.master.merge found in configuration
- eclipse error: "the import yyy cannot be resolved"
- The import org.junit cannot be resolved
- The project cannot be built until the build path errors are resolved.
- Cannot highlight all occurrences of a selected word in Eclipse
- AVD Manager - Cannot Create Android Virtual Device
- Key Shortcut for Eclipse Imports
- Cannot create or edit Android Virtual Devices (AVD) from Eclipse, ADT 22.6
- Spring Boot Program cannot find main class
- Shortcut key to select word in Eclipse
- The Import android.support.v7 cannot be resolved
- Bug in eclipse compiler or in javac ("type parameters of T cannot be determined")
- Cannot make Project Lombok work on Eclipse
- Eclipse error ... cannot be resolved to a type
- Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo) + Tomcat7 --- Cannot create a server using the selected type
- Cannot load properties file from resources directory
- Eclipse Indigo - Cannot install Android ADT Plugin
- How to recover corrupted Eclipse workspace?
- Cannot find "Package Explorer" view in Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- C - compilation error for windows function(socket)
- Proguard Parse Exception Error. How to solve it
- This method is an undefined type of object
- Android Eclipse set logcat to receive input from emulator
- Eclipse, Maven: Modules are not supported in -source 8 (use -source 9 or higher to enable modules)
- Using Subversion in Spring Tool Suite: untrack file committed by accident
- Eclipse : Can we make modifications on to the source code while debugging the Application inside Eclipse
- maven, APT problems, eclipse
- Java hasn`t see files, which downloaded, till I manualy update it
- Deploy web application on Tomcat
- Generating notation model from domain model
- Checkstyle plugin for IntelliJ IDEA
- Solving math expressions using java
- How smart is Eclipse / ADT when it comes to Android Library Projects?
- Can i combine many jar files in one jar file
- Youtube Data API Project in a JAR File
- eclipse: why the gradle build errors are not attached with the sources?
- Setting C/C++ build configuration reverts to default after hitting OK
- Java - get the value of selected list item
- Webdriver can login in Chrome, not in firefox: 'Unable to find owning document' error
- Subclipse not working after Apple Migration Assistent
- How make Eclipse/EGit recognize existing repository information after update?
- Welcome file not displayed in my Dynamic web project
- Creating new TextView isn't working
- How can I compile Android stock Mms App into an .apk?
- How to run Android application on Bluestack app player using Eclipse?
- Start Sonar server inside eclipse?
- cannot access git reposoitory
- Which eclipse galileo version is supported by jdk 1.7.0_71
- Eclipse Updating the compiler compliance to 1.7