It seems that cleaning this specific project doesn't work but cleaning all open project does the trick.
I leave this question if someone else get this issue.
I didn't collide with this problem, but if you have ADT 8 revision or later, so you should read it's dependencies better: "ADT 8.0.0 is designed for use with SDK Tools r8. If you haven't already installed SDK Tools r8 into your SDK, use the Android SDK and AVD Manager to do so." (http://developer.android.com/sdk/eclipse-adt.html)
I've run into this problem constantly and can not get R to be resolved to a variable after making projects clean, in addition to not being able to find aapt - Error executing aapt. Please check aapt is present at C:\AndroidSDK\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\aapt.exe
None of the suggestions on this page make any sense or have helped in anyway. I'm using nothing but API 8 onwards.
I solved this problem by checking 'build automatically' under project menu.
I have faced the same problem after updating the SDK. I find out that the
AUTOGENERATE folder doesn't have any file. What I done is :
WINDOWS->ANDROID SDK MANAGER:
- rollback the SDK version to 16
- Install all the tool provided.
- SDK TOOLS (Version 16)
- Platform Tools
- install the SDK 4.0
- Restart the eclipse
Following did the trick for me. Had to do the build dep as some of the lib dependencies were missing.
sudo apt-get install lib32z1 sudo apt-get build-dep lib32z1 sudo apt-get install lib32stdc++6 lib32z1 lib32z1-dev
For me, the problem was that Eclipse 4.4 was looking for aapt without "bin/" at the end of the path.
Since I could not find a way to configure this path, I symlinked the aap executable from the "bin" subdirectory to the "23.0.0_rc1" directory one level higher. This works now.
My issue with aapt got solved by simply chmod a+x platform-tools/aapt
Starting build-tool 23, aapt has been moved under the ./bin directory
waiting for Eclipse ADT to be updated , one can just create a symbolic link to aapt
cd <path_to_your_android_sdk_folder>/build-tools/23.0.0_rc1 ln -s ./bin/aapt aapt
this will create a symlinc
pointing to actual aapt tool laying here
and eclipse will be able to build android project back again :-)
In the terminal execute this command :
chmod a+x platform-tools/aapt
it solved the problem for me
(in 64bit you have to install ia32-libs with this command : sudo apt-get install ia32-libs)
- Check you have Android SDK version required installed and the path in Eclipse->preferences->android->SDK Location is correct.
Check file permissions. Run:
chmod a+x aapt
If you are using Linux 64-bits. You'll see this hint:
Hint: On 64-bit systems, make sure the 32-bit libraries are installed: sudo apt-get install ia32-libs line 1 Android ADT Problem
To fix it, you'll have to install 32-bits libraries:
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
sudo apt-get install lib32z1
Maybe you'll need to install other libraries (libstdc++6:i386 libgcc1:i386 zlib1g:i386 libncurses5:i386) or the emulator (libsdl1.2debian:i386). In my case it was enough installing libstdc++6
sudo apt-get install lib32stdc++6
For more information you can check this question: How to resolve Error executing aapt in Android/Eclipse?
The aapt location has been changed recently. You can find it under:
I solved this problem by adding a / after my android-sdk path in...
I found that this could be fixed by installing the ia32-libs package as the Android sdk requires 32-bit libraries.
- aapt not found under the right path
- The superclass "javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet" was not found on the Java Build Path
- the superclass "javax.servlet.httpServlet" was not found on the Java Build Path
- "javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet" was not found on the Java Build Path
- Java won't open the correct file, constantly returns the File Not Found Exception even when using the absolute path
- Warning in jsp : The tag handler class for "s:form" (org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.ui.FormTag) was not found on the Java Build Path
- SRVE9967W: The manifest class path xercesImpl.jar can not be found in jar file
- Eclipse error in JSP file: The superclass "javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet" was not found on the java build path
- source not found even after editing the source lookup path
- how to work with maven under eclipse ("This compilation unit is not on the build path of a java project")
- class not found exception in eclipse even though the user library containg jar file is in java build path
- The current branch is not configured for pull No value for key branch.master.merge found in configuration
- Project with path ':mypath' could not be found in root project 'myproject'
- Eclipse: The resource is not on the build path of a Java project
- Eclipse "this compilation unit is not on the build path of a java project"
- The project was not built since its build path is incomplete
- the zipalign tool was not found in the sdk
- This compilation unit is not on the build path of a Java project
- Program "make" not found in PATH
- FindBugs not showing the bugs found
- The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library was not found on the java.library.path
- The builder launch configuration could not be found
- the project yyy does not have any gwt sdks on its build path
- How to solve "This element has no attached source and the Javadoc could not be found in the attached Javadoc"?
- RuntimeException: Application "" could not be found in the registry.
- Eclipse Oxygen - The project was not built since its build path is incomplete
- UnsatisfiedLinkError - Unable to load library - Native library not found in resource path
- The resource is not on the build path of a java project?
- java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench" could not be found in the registry
More Query from same tag
- How do I add the JJIL libraries to my Android Eclipse project?
- Print data from a text file imported into a hash map, ignore characters
- Eclipse RCP E4 Part Stack Width not working
- How to remove search reference link above methods and attributes in eclipse
- Trouble importing multi module maven project in to Eclipse (STS 2.5.2)
- Where does Eclipse print messages that it outputs within an annotation processor?
- Writing a comment in Eclipse linking a specific line
- Commit and Push a new package to github
- Difference between SRC and BIN?
- Pure java alternative to GIMP with *live* plugin development?
- Java - Exporting Runnable JAR that includes Referenced Libraries (ERROR: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes)
- In Eclipse, can I view the files I currently have open in a vertical stack instead of a horizontal one?
- Setup remote glassfish server on eclipse
- Tomcat not starting when running Heroku Java tutorial locally; "A child container failed during start" and cannot find webapp path
- The executable generated by install4j doesnt start
- XML schema delete section when saving
- eclipse,python, NameError: name <MyModule> is not defined
- Android - Get title and description from BroadcastReceiver
- Eclipse + Kotlin + Gradle issues: Unresolved reference: println
- Eclipse 3.7.0 Indigo with CDT shows many false compilation errors
- Facebook SDK Android . Error
- Android virtual device creation
- Java Class gets added twice to Mylyn context
- Django accessing admin page and adding a new url - BEGINNER
- Execution fails via java -jar while the same code runs fine through eclipse
- Need a local repository for egit instead have just a remote?
- Error : Java heap space
- How to add gradle plugin in eclipse
- Installing Eclipse using MacPorts
- How to link assets/www folder in Eclipse / Phonegap / Android project?