with extension vassisx, you can bind keys to this: vassisx.refactorintroducevariable
and i think this does what you want.
to get 'extract constant' you need to install 'powercommands for visual studio 2010' from:
for msvs 2013 you can download productivity power tools 2013 to get extract constant - features also ctrl + click to peek definition (customizable to go to definition as in all other ides i used) and it is free !
to install go to tools > extensions and updates... then online
there's no native visual studio 2010 refactoring command for 'extract local', as eclipse has.
the closest you'd get is the 'extract constant', which isn't by default bound to a keyboard shortcut. to do this, you have to highlight the entire string, including the double-quote
you could explore third party ide addons like coderush or resharper for more functionality.
- Visual Studio equivalent to Eclipse keyboard shortcut Alt Shift L
- Visual studio shortcut keys equivalent to eclipse shortcut keys
- Eclipse equivalent for Visual Studio ALT + select text over multiple rows
- Is in Visual Studio an equivalent to the Eclipse "Run Configurations"?
- Is there an eclipse equivalent to the Visual Studio "Command Window"?
- What is Visual Studio's equivalent of Ctrl + Shift + O shortcut in Android development in Eclipse?
- Missing in Eclipse key shortcut as in Visual Studio to go to definition F12 and come back Ctrl+F12
- Visual Studio equivalent of Eclipse syso
- Is there an Eclipse equivalent of Visual Studio snippets?
- How to make keyboard configuration as close as possible to Visual Studio or Eclipse in XCode
- Visual Studio 2017 equivalent for Eclipse Quick outline (Ctrl + O)
- Equivalent to Eclipse "Compare Editor" for Visual Studio (2010 Professional Edition)
- Eclipse keyboard bindings in Visual Studio 2008
- What is the Visual Studio equivalent of the Eclipse import suggestion feature?
- Visual Studio: shortcut key equivalent to F2 in Eclipse for option menu
- Eclipse copy/paste entire line keyboard shortcut
- Keyboard shortcut to "untab" (move a block of code to the left) in eclipse / aptana?
- Eclipse keyboard shortcut to indent source code to the left?
- What is the keyboard shortcut to go to a file in Eclipse on Mac OS X?
- Is there a keyboard shortcut in Eclipse to fold the current method/block?
- Making Eclipse behave like Visual Studio
- What is the keyboard shortcut for method suggestions in Eclipse on Mac OS X?
- eclipse ctrl+k equivalent shortcut in IntelliJ
- Eclipse vs. Visual Studio: What are the features in Eclipse that are not present in Visual Studio and vice versa?
- Redo keyboard shortcut for Eclipse
- Eclipse inspection (Ctrl + Shift + I) equivalent in IntelliJ IDEA (Community Edition)
- what's the keyboard shortcut to toggle breakpoint in pydev using eclipse
- Keyboard shortcut synchronization with Eclipse and IDEA?
- change eclipse shortcuts to match Visual Studio
- Intellij ctrl+w equivalent shortcut in Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- View Doesn't Open When I Try To Run My Program?
- How to extend the BndTool Repository with additional bundles?
- Change attached source in eclipse (android)
- Java compiler error with generics
- Saxon XPATH 2.0-- working correctly?
- switch with loop
- Cannot "Install New Software" in Eclipse 3.5
- Error after building my java app in eclipse
- How do I install JIRA-Dashboard in Eclipse?
- How to correctly rebuild my application after renaming package?
- Why doesn't Eclipse recognize new JAR?
- my eclipse + apache tomcat/6.0.30 stopped serving files
- Is there a way to reset the perspective in Eclipse and avoid the dialog that confirms it?
- No embedded stylesheet instruction for file: spring-security.xml
- Is it possible to change the colour of a line of text in Eclipse Java Editor based on it's content?
- Eclipse 3,6 (Helios) referenced project has main method, cannot access from run config when targeting referencing project
- loading big project in Eclipse
- Java Eclipse text editor
- google-java-format eclipse plugin ignoring formatter:off comments
- Windows installer for Eclipse plugin
- UnsupportedClassVersionError: Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 JDK compiler is 1.7, JRE is java7
- Subclipse: Change file state from Incoming Change to Outgoing Change
- Java ClassNotFoundException (I used scope compile in maven)
- Eclipse 3.7 Classic Nightmare - ADT Installation
- Setting up Sublime Text 3 w/ a local server for testing
- Not recieving BIND_INPUT_METHOD while making Android IME
- Trying to run a java program in console will give a could not find or load main class error
- Java Eclipse multiline/list property in PropertyView
- server failed to start while running a project in eclipse
- Can't get gradle Dependencies to work