The borderless buttons are for cohesiveness of design throughout the android platform. It's recommended you follow the guidelines so that the user feels that your app is native and does not stick out like a sore thumb, but there are many cases where it just doesn't make sense, like if it makes your app look unprofessional. If that is the case, you may want to turn off the warning.
To turn off the warning, go to the project properties -> Android Lint Preferences. Search for "border" or "ButtonStyle" and change the severity to ignore on the bottom right.
You can also do this in Eclipse preferences for all projects.
For Android Studio Users:
File -> Settings -> Editor -> Inspections -> Android Lint. Search for "borderless" and uncheck or change the severity.
In my case adding that style to ALL buttons which were ONLY elements in some linerar layout gave buttons without any borders. After adding style also to the layout I got buttons separated with small edges exsacly like in some epements of my (4.1.2) android interface eg. like in dialog possitive/negative buttons. It worked correctly. Standard Holo buttons are ugly but with that styles they look "professional";-)
- Why "Buttons in button bars should be borderless" in Android API Level 15?
- Why some Android code works on previous API level than it should?
- Can you change min. API level for your Android app in Eclipse?
- Eclipse Android Change API Level
- android - Call requires API level 9 (current min is 8): android.os.StrictMode#setThreadPolicy
- Android Button text not centered when using API 17 for rendering
- Android 4.4 ( KITKAT ) API LEVEL 19 is not listed in Android SDK Manager
- How to fix "Call requires API level 11" with Android Activity?
- Why would you choose Android API over Google APIs in the SDK on Eclipse?
- Why won't the Back button work in this Android webview?
- Android & Eclipse: Changing application API level
- Ensure Android project doesn't call APIs with newer-than-intended API level
- Distinguishing which android button in an array of android buttons was clicked with buttons pointing to a single method
- Check Android API level in codes
- How to get an Android app running on API level 7 and 8?
- Record screen using android studio 0.8.x from a device below API Level 19(4.4)?
- Android View requires API level 14
- Android Button Doesn't Work; Other Buttons Do Work Though
- I could not able to test API level below 17 in android using appium
- Can I change the api level of android without using eclipse?
- Android API Target Level 5 and 6 for Ubuntu
- Why can't my android application find Text View or Buttons declared in the XML file?
- error changing api level android version from 8 to 12
- Installed Eclipse Android SDK Package (Latest Version: API Level 20), can't run programs that was woking before
- Why does my Android button not work?
- Google Api level 10 project not working on android 2.3.4
- Android Studio 1.0.1 for mac not creating Gen folder and Eclipse not creating Blank activity no-matter what API level Selected
- why does Google maps crash everytime the call button is clicked on android
- Filenotfoundexception on newer versions of android API Level 4 and later
- Eclipse does not recognize an android API level 9 call even though I'm using API level 10
More Query from same tag
- Writing test case for Junit testing
- source is missing when debugging maven build configuration
- Static final variables showing up as null and 0.0 in debug mode
- Is it possible to build a java project only once using eclipse and share?
- Simple jsf spring hibernate application is very slow
- Receiving wrong result from calculation
- Eclipse - Method Call Feed?
- Spring Boot sample throws MojoExecutionException in eclipse
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/collections/MapChangeListener
- Highlight files in Eclipse
- RAD project reference/class not found
- create android tracking apps in eclipse
- Make host application to see .so library while debugging
- Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:org.apache.maven.plugins
- how to store data in a txt (using jsp)
- Auto connect to debug mode in Galaxy Tab
- Eclipse cursor changes to crosshair
- SystemC sc_signal_resolved could not be resolved
- How to ignore node shebang error in Eclipse?
- eclipse press F2 for focus popping up different window
- Error in manifest file
- Android/Java: how to define a specific class usable in an xml layout file?
- Both javaw.exe *32 and javaw.exe runs in process manager
- How Do I / Can I Upgrade Java from Eclipse?
- My app keeps crashing on me and cant seem to find any errors
- Unable to install GWT Developer Plugin
- Eclipse Remote Procedure Call
- Problems with indentation in eclipse
- How can JavaFX Media read .mp3 files inside runnable .jar file?
- sql Column with multiple values (query implementation in a cpp file )