extract required libraries into jar - extracts the actual
.classfiles from the libraries your app uses and puts those
.classfiles inside the runnable jar. so, the runnable jar will not only contain the
.classfiles of your application, but also the
.classfiles of all the libraries your application uses.
package required libraries into jar - puts the actual jar files of the libraries into your runnable jar. normally, a jar file within a jar file cannot be loaded by the jvm. but eclipse adds special classes to the runnable jar to make this possible.
copy required libraries into sub folder next to jar - keeps the library jars completely separate from the runnable jar, so the runnable jar will only contain the
.classfiles of your application.
option #2 is convenient because it packages everything neatly into a single jar, and keeps the library jars separated from your application's
however, a downside to packaging everything inside of a single jar (options #1 and #2) is that, if you update your application, then the user will have to download more data to update the application. if the jars are kept separate, then the user would only have to download the jar that contains your application code, instead of a single, massive jar that contains your application code and all the library code.
- What is the difference between runnable jar library handling options?
- What is the difference between the "Java Project" and "Project" options in Eclipse?
- What is the difference between javac and the Eclipse compiler?
- What is the difference between the Eclipse Package Explorer and the Eclipse Project Explorer?
- What is the difference between Eclipse for Java (EE) Developers and Eclipse Classic?
- Java Eclipse: Difference between exporting as a JAR and exporting as a Runnable JAR
- What is the difference between Android 4.4W (API20) and Android L (API20, L Preview) in the SDK Manager?
- What is the difference between Eclipse 3.7 and Eclipse 4.1?
- In Eclipse, what is the difference between modulepath and classpath?
- What is the difference between MinGW, MinGW-w64 and MinGW-builds?
- What is the difference between rollback, backout and strip in the Mercurial Eclipse plugin?
- What is the difference between call hierarchy and find references eclipse?
- What is the difference between Eclipse with Spring IDE plugin and Spring Tool Suite alone?
- What is the difference between SVN update to head vs synchronize with repository?
- What the difference between Eclipse 3.7, 3.8 and 4.2?
- What is the difference between Eclipse and Netbeans if I want to use only the Java in it?
- What is the difference in ECore between containment and reference?
- What is the difference between Project and Faceted Project in Eclipse?
- What is the difference between -std=c++0x and -std=c++11
- What is the difference between a "source folder" and a "pydev package" in PyDev Eclipse?
- In Eclipse what is the difference between "Open Type"/"Open Resource"?
- What is the difference between Eclipse "Import" and "Create project from existing source" for Android projects?
- SVN: What is the difference between 'Base Revision' and 'Latest from Repository'?
- What is the difference between include a layout or include a fragment in Android?
- What is the difference between Android Private Libraries, Dependencies and the libs folder?
- What is the difference between setting the classpath and java build path in eclipse?
- What is the difference between Eclipse and Myeclipse
- What is the difference between Maven Dependencies and Referenced Libraries in Eclipse?
- What's the difference between Maven Jar Plugin and Maven Source Plugin?
- What is the difference between Web Fragment Project and Dynamic Web Project?
More Query from same tag
- Plug-in Based RCP Product build won't run after adding Guava to dependencies
- FDT's Haxe Viewer Won't Launch My Project
- make arraylist equal another arraylist java
- Eclipse resources folder with git & Maven
- Illegal strings logcat at eclipse
- Change Menu Items Programmatically From Eclipse Plugin
- Identify TODO tags in Eclipse
- Saving and Reloading an R workspace image in Eclipse StatET
- Information about System.getProperty("eclipse.commands") to assert if JUnits tests are being run as a plug-in JUnit
- MySql connection in Open Liberty implementation of Microprofile
- Commit Folder From Local Directory to Online Using SVN
- Disabled click Item of ListView
- Parse Input from GUI instead of Console in Eclipse
- Is there a workaround for long folder paths in Eclipse Java projects?
- How to use notifyAll for a specific thread?
- PyDev, Eclipse & Python 3 - disable __module_not_in_the_pythonpath__ completition
- Apply icon pack in an Android Emulator?
- Set up Eclipse with Android SDK fails
- Resolve oltu openid connect dependency in maven
- Hotkey to generate runnable JAR in Eclipse
- Getting error when putting complicated arguments in min function? Why?(Eclipse C++)
- Eclipse won't export as a JAR
- Forcing Eclipse to generate standard Unix makefiles
- Calculate traveled distance
- How to include currency symbol for the converted currencies?
- How do you follow up on soap in eclipse
- Cannot load servlet class: org.primefaces.resource.ResourceServlet
- How to exclude unit tests from the WAR in with Google App Engine plugin?
- Error When Adding XML Files to Android Project in Eclipse
- import GsonFactory in maven