it's for the play store, which accepts 512x512 high-resolution icons:
- high resolution application icon (required):
- use: in various locations in google play.
- specs: 512x512, 32-bit png with alpha; max size of 1024kb.
(a more tutorial like explanation can be found here.)
it is not used in your actual app or the launcher, so it is not packaged in the apk.
if you keep this file make sure to change it to duplicate your regular launcher file. you manually add the regular launcher file to the play site when submitting your project anyway so the extra web launcher file may not be needed. my first project never had one.
this is the icon for the google play store. you need to provide a 512 x 512 icon.
there is a little bit of an explanation here on this page:
- What does the ic_launcher-web.png in my project root do?
- What does the command "Fix Project Properties" exactly do?
- What is the difference between Web Fragment Project and Dynamic Web Project?
- Does the Eclipse Web Tools Project handle refactoring inside JSPs?
- What is the difference between "Java Build Path" and "Deployment assembly" in Eclipse dynamic web project IDE?
- Eclipse (java) web services, what files to version and how to properly pull the project to a new computer?
- what is the root of classpath for a java web application
- Dynamic web project in eclipse does not open the welcome page
- what is the difference between maven-archetype-webapp and eclipse dynamic web project
- What is the use of MANIFEST.MF file in Dynamic web project in Eclipse
- What config do I have to change in my Eclipse Web project, so that Tomcat redirect URLs without any path to the project URL
- What is the relation or difference between adding javax-servlet dependency in pom.xml and setting Dynamic web module in project facets?
- What does the number displayed at the end of the file in an Eclipse project explorer mean?
- What am I doing wrong here? I made another package in the same project called img and put a png file in there, but I get this error
- Maven does not include the web content anymore after converting Dynamic Web Project
- Does the Google Plugin for Eclipse require the J2EE web project plugin?
- What exactly does "Dynamic Web Module" facet add to an eclipse project
- Eclipse does not read the correct context root of web modules values from EAR that is compiled with Maven when it published to WebSphere
- What does the Sample Project types stand for when creating a Gradle project in Eclipse?
- Java compiler level does not match the version of the installed Java project facet
- How to change context root of a dynamic web project in Eclipse?
- What does the red exclamation point icon in Eclipse mean?
- What is the reason for a red exclamation mark next to my project in Eclipse?
- What is the difference between the Eclipse Package Explorer and the Eclipse Project Explorer?
- What does Maven Update Project do in Eclipse?
- What does the > (greater than bracket) mean beside file names in Eclipse's Package Explorer?
- What does it mean "No Launcher activity found!"
- How to disable the "autodeploy" to server feature in an Eclipse web project
- How do I change in an eclipse web project the WebContent folder to something different?
- What does the option "Auto share projects located in git repository" of EGit mean?
More Query from same tag
- Problems With Birt On Eclipse 2019-12 (O/S Ubuntu 20.04)
- Is it possible to open a file named feature.xml in the XML Editor of Eclipse?
- Using Android build.xml in eclipse?
- Android build not able to fetch the all the "VERSION_CODES" available
- JGit: Status of remote repository
- Phonegap - add a splash screen for Android app
- Failing to add a builder to my eclipse project
- Eclipse JFrame error
- Do I need JBoss Developer Studio to debug source-code running on JBoss Fuse?
- Is it possible to change Eclipse's window color (grey to something else)?
- Comments in application.properties
- Eclipse Debugger Icons
- OpenCV capture loops video/Does not detect last frame
- Hibernate InvalidMappingException when running jar-packed application
- Android: How to Get Access to Slave Sim
- Branch issue when using EGit Eclipse
- SonarLint on eclipse : Unable to start standalone SonarLint engine
- Eclipse RCP: how to get Show View menu instead of a dialog
- Property file not available in bin folder while building in Eclipse
- EGit 2.3 new --no-ff option, how to use it?
- Find AIDL's stub implementation code in Android using Eclipse/AndroidStudio
- Asp.net MVC usage in Eclipse
- One Android project for Eclipse and Android Studio
- Cannot import Carrot2 to Eclipse
- How to give file path as input to Java program in Eclipse
- org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifecycleException in Neo4j
- cube root symbol does not show up in android eclipse
- Dependency management for a small Java project
- Eclipse doesn't provide details on file search
- Java8 - How does explicit type matches one variant - not other type?