the yellow arrows show up next to search results for me. if you go to the search tab and delete the results they should go away.
those are warnings. if you click on them, useful suggestion will be shown to disappear them.
not really sure what you are looking at...
for me, the little orange looking lines are on the right - and they represent compiler warnings. - you can hover your mouse over them for messages.
when you double click a word in the code, then more lines appear - where that word is also located in the file.
this is what they look like.
note that it's pointing at a blank line. i also did a search for some string and it did not affect the arrow. i have been trying to get "extract android string" to work from a keyboard shortcut (mac os) and may have found some other implicated command.
edit: i see it now. eclipse has more than one search command. this is not from command-f (find/replace). it is from control-h (search). there's a search item on the menu bar as well.
you can get rid of them by going to preferences > general > editors > text editors > annotations, then look for "search results" and uncheck "vertical ruler".
- What do those yellow horizontal arrows in eclipse, at the left of the line numbers do?
- What would cause Eclipse to struggle switching to the correct file and line number when debugging
- Why does the Eclipse IDE horizontal scrollbar keep resetting back to the absolute left column
- I need to be able to find the line number and method name in eclipse
- How to find the line number of the start of a procedure in Eclipse
- How to get the line number in an Activity in eclipse
- Eclipse C/C++ thick white vertical line on the left
- What does the number displayed at the end of the file in an Eclipse project explorer mean?
- What is the first line number in Eclipse?
- How to get the xml line number of an object parsed using eclipse emf modeling
- Eclipse - Unable to install breakpoint due to missing line number attributes
- What do the icons in Eclipse mean?
- What is the difference between javac and the Eclipse compiler?
- What does the red exclamation point icon in Eclipse mean?
- What is the difference between the Eclipse Package Explorer and the Eclipse Project Explorer?
- What is the difference between Eclipse for Java (EE) Developers and Eclipse Classic?
- Finding the Eclipse Version Number
- What is the Eclipse shortcut for "public static void main(String args)"?
- What is the keyboard shortcut to go to a file in Eclipse on Mac OS X?
- What are the differences between plug-ins, features, and products in Eclipse RCP?
- What is the eclipse shortcut for auto-generating a default and field constructor?
- What is the difference between Eclipse 3.7 and Eclipse 4.1?
- How to change the color of current line & text selection in eclipse (for Java)?
- What are the gigantic *.CFS files all about in Eclipse workspace plugin folder?
- What is the difference between rollback, backout and strip in the Mercurial Eclipse plugin?
- What is the keyboard shortcut for method suggestions in Eclipse on Mac OS X?
- What is the short cut in eclipse to terminate debugging/running?
- What do the icons for methods in Eclipse mean?
- Eclipse vs. Visual Studio: What are the features in Eclipse that are not present in Visual Studio and vice versa?
- What are the shortcut keys to change to the next and previous tab in Eclipse on Mac OS X?
More Query from same tag
- could not read setting.xml file for maven
- Eclipse won't start, log error says: ObjectNotFoundException: Tree element
- javax.persistence.PersistenceException - Unable to build EntityManagerFactory
- Relationship between things I see in Eclipse and files/directories on disk
- Eclipse: Making Eclipse's "search in project" less unhelpful?
- Why webdriver unix executables are converted to textedit files on maven build?
- how to convert "\327\220\327\250\327\225\327\236" to hebrew?
- Eclipse Showing Infer Generic Type Arguments - want to remove this warning without supressing it
- Failed project transformation from external jars to maven
- Eclipse CDT, Can't use debugger (Always stuck on 89% process)
- How to silence Eclipse's "Android SDK Missing" warnings
- Cleaning eclipse project without cleaning depending projects
- What preference key to set java compiler compliance preference?
- Why do I get "package does not exist" error when I run maven install?
- Can I prevent an RCP editor from loading
- how can i see my table in gridlayout?
- SessionNotCreatedException in Eclipse "Appium" code
- How to handle Eclipse build path in a team, where local workspace paths are different?
- How do I install/use nd4j?
- Do not save workbench state in a eclipse RCP app
- Subclipse update results
- "socket.core" is not a valid Win32 application
- Eclipse CDT project for code base with many binaries?
- Maven create incremental child project
- Eclipse: Installing Aptana Studio with EGit
- Force m2e to use http instead of https
- Most rational and painless way to work on the same Eclipse Android project on two different PCs
- Pointing a project into two SVN repositories
- Attach the Java Source Code