how to install visual studio key bindings in eclipse (helios onwards)
for anyone finding this post, if you need step by step instructions and you're using eclipse indigo pdt , the following should help you:
(note: you will be prompted to restart eclipse after installing)
- start eclipse
- click help -> install new software
- in the work with box select or type your version of eclipse, e.g.:
- make sure the 'type filter text' box is blank.
- wait for a list of names and versions to appear
- scroll down to find programming languages, and expand it
- locate c/c++ development tools and check the box
- click next and follow the remaining instructions on screen.
after finishing the install and restarting eclipse...
- click window -> preferences
- expand general
- click keys
- change the scheme drop down to microsoft visual studio
- click ok
to confirm the update, try pressing ctrl + shift + f and the 'search' dialogue box should appear.
eclipse ganymede has a built-in keybinding scheme for visual studio. have you tried that?
i don't have a vs2005 keybinding scheme as i personally prefer a brief-style scheme.
however, to import "it", as far as i know (at least on eclipse 3.4 ganymede) use file -> import -> general -> preferences where "it" is a .prf file which has been saved out using file -> export -> general -> preferences.
to get the visual studio key bindings in eclipse you need to install the c++ development plugins - see this.
i downloaded the latest java development version of eclipse (version below), when to help -> software updates -> available software -> ganymede and ticked the c++ box. after a restart the visual studio key binding appeared in the list.
build id: m20080911-1700
i think the latest eclipse ships with visual studio bindings but at least the eclipse pdt doesn't (which i just installed). and i would prefer to not have lots of extra plug-ins in eclipse to keep it more "slim", so i didn't add the c++ plug-in. (maybe it doesn't affect performance but i really need only the keys...)
so anyway, i added the keys which i needed. as previous posters noted, when you "export" in the key customization there is no way to import them, so the separate file->export/import functionality is the way to go.
so, as summary:
try add to eclipse c++ plugin and see if it ships with key bindings that work for you
use mine key bindings, key list and download here install: unzip, use file->import->general... to get it to eclipse
it's far from complete of course (it's only keys which i missed to get started...), but better than nothing anyway.
update (2009-10-16): added ctrl + g (go-to-line) to the bindings.
- Visual Studio's keybindings for Eclipse
- Eclipse eye for a Visual Studio guy
- TFS Eclipse throws an error "The character 0x007c ('|') is not permitted in server paths" after updating visual studio for mac to support iPad OS 13
- Visual Studio toolchain in Eclipse for C++
- Does Visual Studio for C# have these Eclipse for Java features?
- What is the preferred visual editor Eclipse plugin for Swing apps in 2011?
- Eclipse kind of editor for Visual Studio 2008
- Import Eclipse C++ Workspace Into Visual Studio Code for Linux
- Eclipse Equivalent of Visual Studio's Ctrl-Dot For Importing Classes
- Eclipse equivalent for Visual Studio ALT + select text over multiple rows
- In eclipse for java Is there anything like Visual Studio Custom Debugger Visualizers
- Set common shortcut keys for Visual Studio, VS code and Eclipse
- JSP visual designer plugin for Eclipse
- Eclipse for Visual Studio dummies
- Visual Studio 2017 equivalent for Eclipse Quick outline (Ctrl + O)
- Equivalent to Eclipse "Compare Editor" for Visual Studio (2010 Professional Edition)
- visual scrollbar plugin for eclipse
- Bringing convenience of Java code assistant from Eclipse to Visual Studio 2010 for native C++ projects
- Any ideas of what unit testing framework I should use for Visual Studio and Eclipse (Code Red)
- Visual Editor for eclipse
- Is there any visual tool for writing Java classes in Bytecode for Eclipse or IntelliJ?
- Error 249 (Process killed (by mfunit)) when running a unit test in Microfocus Visual COBOL for Eclipse
- Using Eclipse keybindings in Microsoft Visual Studio'12
- Plugin for Eclipse or Visual Studio that lets me see an overview of the Text similar to Sublime Text
- Eclipse Top Plugins to get for a Visual Studio Developer
- Visual Editor for eclipse not associated with a class
- How to Build a definition and publish test results for a Java project with maven, Junit and selenium on Visual Studios Team Services VSTS
- Visual Studio: shortcut key equivalent to F2 in Eclipse for option menu
- How to Integrate Visual c++ to eclipse for opengl programming
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse Clean Up and Formatting settings for Android application
- Disable Flex runtime binding warnings
- How do I suppress Eclipse 3.5's warnings of dead code
- Program runs fine in IDE but not as Jar file
- How to import BOTH Git repository and Maven dependencies to Eclipse?
- Why isn't SVN Checkout an option for me when I'm creating a new project in Eclipse?
- How to use Android5.0 sdk with eclipse?
- Eclipse e4. How I can get selected menu item reference?
- Is it possible to zip an Android JUnit Test suite into a JAR file?
- How do I properly deploy Eclipse OSGI plug-in that I created?
- Building library project in Android Studio that has been imported from Eclipse
- What might cause java.nio.BufferOverflowException?
- How can I GAE (Eclipse IDE) to kill previous instance of test server when I start debugging?
- Fibonacci Sequence error
- Encoding Issues in Eclipse for Mac and for Windows
- Fixing multiple buildpath errors in eclipse
- Error using green Dao
- Eclipse: support for fb-namespace (Facebook) in JSP-files
- Can not run C++ in eclipse mars
- Android: Application has stopped unexpectedly (What is the best way to further investigate?)
- Issue with deployment on Wildfly 17.0.1.Final
- How to add source of 'Android Private Libraries' to ADT eclipse?
- Facebook SDK : Android, what is the class of Request
- Excluding svn directory when deploying to Tomcat in Eclipse
- How to create war file of angular project?
- Removing the Apache TomCat runtime from a project in Eclipse?
- How to set the caret position at the end of the text?
- Eclipse 4.2 resource leak through separate close method
- Eclipse - no Java (JRE) / (JDK) ... no virtual machine
- Eclipse CDT Cygwin error