The best solution to this is to download a new ADT from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
@Kalpesh DON'T delete SDK 23.0 it will remove your "tools" folder and you won't be able to run SDK Manager after that. I know because I have just done that. Bad suggestion!
The solution from Kikiwa worked for me.
I have also come across this issue and figure out few steps that will help in a way or other.
One thing to note that the error "This Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version 23.0.0 or above" will only come if you have updated your Android SDK Tool and Android SDK Platform Tool before updating your ADT.
Here are the steps that will help you to get rid of this: -
You can try the steps provided by Kikiwa but that might create some issues like removing your android SDK. So the solution is to re-configure your eclipse with re-installing the Android SDK.
Steps given by user285oo6 will also create some issues like when you delete the Updated SDK 23.0 then it will also remove the files from Platform-tools and tools folder from SDK directory. Now your eclipse wont start as it wont find the necessary files that are required to identify Android SDK or it may throw and error says "cannot find tools for the SDK" or "cannot find the version of ADT" or "emulator.exe not found".
In this case the solution is to restore your SDK Manager files along with Platform-tools and tools folder. Now the question arises how you will get it? Below are links for the same
This will download the SDK platform ZIP files and it contains the SDK manager along with tools folder. My Suggestion is to extract them and replace the -tools folder -SDK Manager.exe -AVD Manager.exe in your android SDK directory.
Now you have latest ADT installed (if you have follow the user285oo6 steps. If not then install it using your eclipse with URL https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/) i.e. version 23.x.x and SDK on the older version.
Now you have to restart your eclipse and update the Android SDK tool and SDK Platform tool. This will work. I have done it for windows OS and was able to get it up and running
I know I am bit late but its always good to be late then never.
Please let me know if anyone has any question or confusion with the steps
On Linux (Ubuntu), I managed to solve the problem in a bit of a 'hackish' way. It may be useful if you're reluctant to download stuff all over again (like me) :)
Warning: I suspect this won't work if the ADT and SDK versions are too far apart. (For me, it worked for ADT 22.6.2 and Android SDK update 24.)
Modify the file
$SDK_HOME= base directory of your Android SDK installation), to contain the current ADT version, instead of the actual (updated) SDK version. In my case the original content of the file was
which I changed as
This suppresses the "Please update ADT..." issue, but ADT won't work properly as it won't be able to identify some of the components relocated by newer SDK updates.
Create shortcuts (symlinks) or copies of missing SDK components, at the locations where ADT expects to see them. You can find the expected locations using ADT's error consoles.
For example, in my case, the DDMS console showed an error
[2016-02-27 19:33:33 - DDMS] DDMS files not found: /usr/lib/sdk/tools/hprof-conv
as soon as I tried to switch to the DDMS perspective. So I just created a symlink
$SDK_HOME/platform-tools/hprof-conv(which has been relocated):
me@computer:$SDK_HOME/tools$ ln -s ../platform-tools/hprof-conv hprof-conv
For me, after these 2 steps, ADT started working without any problems/errors.
You are not alone.
This thing happened also to me. I tried many many solutions suggested on the internet but I had to use the "PLAN B"
I downloaded and installed new adt bundle and reimported all my projects and libraries. It takes some time but it is not that long :)
I hope that google will come up with fix, because the update to 18.104.22.168 also didnt work for me (same error).
So keep smiling and install new ADT :)
no need to do any thing,
just download new eclipse, install ADT 23.0.0 from below link
your problem solve...
its happened because you have SDK 23.0.1 and ADT 23.0.1 update not available....
yesterday i have same issue, i have solved that..
I also got the error of OP this morning. I clicked on "Check for Updates" but it was always saying "No updates available".
I found this thread and thought "Oh man, I'm gonna sit on this all day".
But lucky for me (and for you who will find this thread perhaps in a few weeks), the solution is getting easier. I just did this:
- Help > Install New Software
- choose the update site https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/
- it offered me the new ADT-Packages with version 23.0.3 and I chose all of them
- it showed me the known conflicting-dependency-error BUT offered me directly a solution: It will deinstall the 22* ADT-packages for me. I just clicked "ok" and it automatically deinstalled the old packages and installed the new ones :)
AS you have done the upgrade to SDK 23.0 without upgrading the ADT it will show this kind error as you have mentioned in the screen shot.
Simply upgrading the SDK to 23.0 is of no use until and unless you also update the related development tool in ADT.
Follow the steps
- First delete the SDK 23.0 and update the ADT to 23.0
- For doing the update you need to click on Install new software from help and choose the ADT/https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/ under the link upon which you get the new Development tools to update click all >next to continue .
- Upon successful completion you can now update the SDK to 23.0.
Note:- Many of those who tried to update the SDK have face a problem Cannot complete the installation because of conflict dependancy
So its better to just stick to the 22.6v of the ADT. The update to 23.0 is filled with bugs and it will take some time to fix the bugs
- Go to Help - About Eclipse and click Installation Details
- On tab Installed Software, select all row that has version 22.6.3 then click Uninstall
- Go to Help - Install new software, select work with ADT Plugin - http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/
- Check the Developer Tools and now install without conflict
If you have a conflict with the previous version:
- Select Help > Install New Software
- Click on already installed
- Select all Android software on version 22.*
- Click on Uninstall
- Work with: https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/
- Select Developer Tools and Next
- Next, Accept the license agreement and Finish.
EDIT : This trick is probably no more necessary!
Try to upgrade your SDK tools to 23.0.2+ and build&platform tools to rev 20 before.
- This Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version 23.0.0 or above
- Error Message : This Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version 22.6.1 or above
- Android SDK requires android developer toolkit version 17.0.0 or above
- This Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version 22.0.0 or above. Current version is 21.1.0.v201302060044-569685.
- This Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version 22.0.0 or above. Current version is 21.x.x.
- Getting error This Android SDK requires Android Developer Tool kit version 23.0.0 or above even when it is already installed
- This Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit -887826. Please update ADT to the latest version
- When I load ADT why do I receive the error "The Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version XX.X.X or above?"
- This Android SDK requires ADT version 23.0.0 or above. Current version is 22.6. Please update ADT to the latest version?
- Android SDK requires ADT version 23 or above
- The android SDK requires ADT version 23.0.0 or above
- Can't Update The Android Developer Toolkit (ADT) TO Version 23
- Eclipse:This Android SDK requires Android Developer tools 23.0.0 or above?
- Error to update Android Developer Toolkit version 22
- Android Min SDK Version vs. Target SDK Version
- Android change SDK version in Eclipse? Unable to resolve target android-x
- Android Lint erroneously thinks min SDK version is 1
- Android sdk installation. Error: Invalid content was found starting with element 'd:skin'. No child element is expected at this point
- What are the differences between android studio and the eclipse version bundled with android SDK
- What version of Eclipse is included with the SDK ADT bundle for Android Dev?
- Android Application Version - Min SDK Version
- Why this installation fails? (Download finished with wrong size - eclipse and android SDK manager)
- Eclipse ADT Version requires Update 22.6.2 or above but i already Updated it
- Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 + Android requires compiler compliance level 5.0 or 6.0. Found '1.8' instead
- IntelliJ/Eclipse not respecting minimum SDK version for Android app
- Android eclipse, changing min SDK version doesn't trigger Lint errors
- Android apps works only when no sdk version is specified in manifest
- android sdk rev 23 requires ATD 23 using eclipse
- Make android project in old template in new version of ADT and SDK
- dual version of android support v4 lib facebook sdk eclipse android
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse hangs on "verifying launch attributes" in large Maven projects
- I have just installed android SDK updates and now my projects are full of errors
- How do I add a new JRE library in Eclipse?
- Django unresolved importing in Eclipse
- Using classes in my project that originate in a jar file
- Why I get only old release from maven?
- Hide console in eclipse
- Google Play Services are not being added
- Eclipse: Howto organize JDK or JRE (JDK6 or JDK7) dependent sources?
- Suppress warning Eclipse when developing with Pydev
- How eclipse executes a Java application?
- eclipse c/c++ not compiling source code in sub folders
- Convert Windows-1252 to UTF-16 in Java
- Java command line could not find or load main class
- Eclipse not responding (Windows 8)
- How inform the maven dependency point to .m2 without close the project
- Force Link With Editor to be activated by default in Eclipse RCP
- How to merge two maven webapps into one project
- Android StrictMode doesn't kill the app and report errors in eclipse
- Eclipse remove name patterns in File search
- Simple Tomcat cluster deployment
- two instances of the same editor
- Eclipse Oxygen - Scanning for Liberty Maven project changes, multiple executions
- Rect.intersects not working
- Can Eclipse be configured to disable warnings for derived source files?
- Issue with apache tomcat server always running a program its showing that port 8080 is already used..?
- Attaching an Eclipse detached view programmatically
- how do i configure applicationcontext.xml in eclipse
- Eclipse SVNKit cannot read project SVN after using TortoiseSVN Merge on Windows
- Getting netbeans more eclipse-y