the most common reason for this message seems to be unzipping the eclipse zip file wrongly (for instance unzipping without recreating the directory structure). therefore please unzip the zipped eclipse again with a good unzip tool (like 7-zip) and make sure that the necessary sub directories are created during the extraction.
also make sure that the path to the unzipped eclipse does not get very long. i've seen cases where eclipse was unzipped into a deeply nested directory structure (to put it at some place into an svn repository) and that led to the same error message.
if that still doesn't work, you may try launching eclipse.exe with administrative rights. that should not really be necessary, but maybe your access rights are somehow broken after the re-installation of windows.
i got this error because on windows the zend studio icon in the start menu was still pointing at the previous version of zend studio. once i changed the target to the new path, the error went away.
my issue was much simpler. i had created a shortcut to launch the eclipse executable by dragging it from the folder to the screen. clicking on the created shortcut icon gave the above error.
issue: the executable was getting launched from the desktop location instead of the eclipse directory where it had been unzipped.
solution: create a new shortcut by right-clicking in the desktop area and providing the target executable from the browse window. this creates the shortcut properly and launches the executable from the right home directory.
i had same problem and it seems that there is wrong "--launcher.library " address in eclipse.ini file. so i have just changed it and
in my case i had to redownload it, something was wrong with the one i downloaded. its size was far much less than the one on the website.
just add -vm c:\java\jdk\1.6\bin\javaw.exe before -vmarg in eclipse.ini this works for me.hope this will help you good luck...
windows 8 follow these 3 steps:
- locate eclipse file.
- create shortcut on desktop.
- double click on the eclipse shortcut to open the application.
i was facing the same issue with eclipse juno & windows xp. after changing a lot of things in
eclipse.ini still it was not working and then i deleted it, i don't know why its starts working after deleting this init file. you may try for yours
on windows eclipse installer app writes also below admin user directory. and when i started the same eclipse as normal (another) user, it could not find admin users ecplise directory. that directory is in eclipse.ini file. (this installer has made for neon eclipse.)
run eclipse.exe file as an administrator. it worked for me
open eclipse.ini and replace with this ~
this work for me, good luck ~
i've the same problem, and the below solution exactly work for me....!
eclipse.ini file and remove these two lines:
make sure make a separate copy of this file before any changing...:)
you might want to check that library
exists on your system.
make sure that the version of libraries mentioned in eclipse.ini and the version that exists on your system is same. usually after upgrade this mismatch occurs and eclipse fails to locate the required jar. please take a look at this blog post here
i just had this problem and it seems to be related to permissions somehow. i initially unzipped it to my program files folder, in windows 8. after unzipping it directly to c: the program started normally.
please check "eclipse.ini" file:
normally there should not be any hard code path like:
if you see anything like this please follow these steps:
1. make backup of the file
2. then open the file original file in editor
3. change the static path to :-- plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.200.v20140603 (and save file and open your eclipse it will work amazing)
you have to copy in users/user/.p2 and .eclipse from old location when it come from and older location. for example i made a copy from computer to another, and i had this error, then i copied those folders and it worked !
solution for mac
reason: eclipse is copied from one location to another.
solution: need to update path(s) in
eclipse.ini was found in
we need to update the path for
same issue on my mac with a pre-packaged rcp client that was unzip only. the other answers pointed me to the eclipse.ini where all the paths looked valid, tried to check the working directory of my eclipse bundle that doesn't see that easy to do. seems when finder starts an application it's working directory is / so that seems to be the issue.
updated both references in my eclipse.ini to absolute paths and voila!
eclipse.ini file and remove these two lines:
- The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion launcher jar windows
- How to fix the Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library for windows 7?
- The Eclipse Executable Launcher Was Unable To Locate Its Companion Shared Library
- the Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library error message
- iMac: The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library
- The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library on shared drive after silently updating Equinox launcher
- How to fix Eclipse Error: The eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library? Windows 10
- "The eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library"
- Eclipse: Product Export error: The Product executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library
- Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library (Mac)?
- Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library
- Unable to launch Eclipse RCP application product - The Launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library
- Eclipse Error-The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library
- Eclipse executable launcher error: Unable to locate companion shared library
- how to launch eclipse: eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate in windows xp?
- java.io.IOException: Could not locate executable null\bin\winutils.exe in the Hadoop binaries. spark Eclipse on windows 7
- Eclipse Oxygen - The project was not built since its build path is incomplete
- Eclipse : How to remove the attached Source which was added to a Jar
- How to solve "Secure storage was unable to save the master password" in Eclipse CDT remote application with SSH password debug connection?
- Unable to build: the file dx.jar was not loaded from the SDK folder in my eclipse
- How to get rid of java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to locate the App Engine agent in Eclipse Helios?
- Eclipse maven unable to locate karma executable
- Developing for android, is there a way to cause eclipse to rebuild an app when only the source of its libraries was modified?
- Eclipse Scala IDE "unable to locate its companion companion library"
- Executable Jar has a Smaller Canvas than using the Eclipse Runner
- Eclipse Oxygen Installer unable to locate companion shared library
- How to change the OSGi Launcher Jar used by the Eclipse OSGi Framework Launcher
- Eclipse / Maven: "Could not find the main class" Errors While Building Executable JAR
- Eclipse Plugin dependent upon jar and therefore make a plugin from the dependency: what about its dependencies?
- The runnable jar created from eclipse does not run and building the executable jar with maven if it runs, why?
More Query from same tag
- How to apply .diff patch with Eclipse to HtmlUnit
- NVIDIA DEBUG MANAGER FOR ANDROID NDK ECLIPSE PLUGIN
- How to programmatically call Eclipse format on a specific java file within a plugin handler?
- Adding toolbar to org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.Section via plugin.xml
- Eclipse IDE won't start
- Extracting ICS Android Calendar as Stand Alone App
- GNATBENCH 2.6 Install on Eclipse -- Missing File . . .
- Package and HTML editor issue with Eclipse and Gradle
- An error occurred while collecting items to be installed artifact
- Does the eclipse kotlin plugin compile kotlin code?
- Eclipse can't find XML related classes after switching build path to JDK 10
- gwt maven and javax.validation
- Dynamic lib(rary) in Eclipse for NON-Dynamic Web Projects
- How to add libraries to a project from JBoss AS, since you can't use Maven?
- eclipse Mars: Maven M2_REPO not modifiable
- Eclipse software management
- synchronize svn with subversive
- Add project library error when close project properties?
- How do I use classes from another project in IntelliJ IDEA?
- Eclipse IDE: How to zoom in on text?
- Eclipse - Undefined attribute name Warning
- Eclipse launch profile - Ask for user prompt
- Python/Eclipse/wxPython -- CallAfter undefined variable? callAfter is as well -- confused
- Internal compiler error: Classcast exception
- Using JavaFX for making a Eclipse Plugin?
- Egit + m2e with parent pom: problems with eclipse workspace
- Eclipse does not show EclipseLink platform in JPA configuration
- The import com.perfectomobile.selenium cannot be resolved
- Export as runnable jar, but with editable property file?
- Does the Eclipse Web Tools Project handle refactoring inside JSPs?