shift + alt + ↑ selects enclosing elements.
shift + alt + ↓ reverses shift + alt + ↑.
shift + alt + ← selects enclosing elements moving up the file.
shift + alt + → selects enclosing elements moving down the file.
to select, you can use shift + alt + any arrow key.
shift + alt + → selects the word surrounding the cursor
the quickest way to find any keyboard shortcut in eclipse is to use help->key assist (or ctrl + shift + l), which will pop up a nice tooltip with keyboard shortcuts and what they do. (if you press he key assist shortcut twice, you'll get the keys preferences page, which allows you to reassign shortcuts.)
string |myfancystring = "foobar";
if your cursor is immediately to the left of 'm' (i am indicating this with a pipe (|)) :
shift + alt + → (select next element) would select 'myfancystring'
shift + alt + ← (select previous element) would also select 'myfancystring'
ctrl + shift + → (select next word) would select 'my', repeating it would select 'myfancy', followed by 'myfancystring '
- Shortcut key to select word in Eclipse
- Eclipse shortcut to select or remove all spaces up to (but excluding) the next word
- Key Shortcut for Eclipse Imports
- Eclipse - Run/Debug shortcut key doesn't work
- Shortcut key to clear console in Eclipse
- How do I add a shortcut key to Eclipse 3.2 Java plug-in to build the current project?
- How do I compile my code in Eclipse using keyboard shortcut key
- How to select all the occurrences of a word in Eclipse
- Shortcut key to activate project explorer in Eclipse
- Shortcut key to Skip all breakpoints in eclipse
- Eclipse shortcut for searching word in workspace
- Shortcut key to restart server in Eclipse
- is there a key shortcut in Eclipse to copy the whole method body into buffer?
- Eclipse Declaration shortcut key F3 can not work in mac os
- Eclipse Shortcut Key for Color and Fonts -> Basic -> Text Font
- Missing in Eclipse key shortcut as in Visual Studio to go to definition F12 and come back Ctrl+F12
- Eclipse shortcut key for replace special characters by unicode escape sequence
- eclipse split window switch shortcut key
- Shortcut key to Snippet in eclipse
- Shortcut key to switch between XML layout and the java class in eclipse (android )
- shortcut key in eclipse to fix checkstyle warnings "parameter yyy should be final"
- Java Eclipse CheckStyle Shortcut Key for Apply Checkstyle Fixes
- Key binding shows shortcut list pop up even when only one option in Eclipse Juno
- What's the Eclipse keyboard shortcut to select the variable name / to expand the selection?
- Eclipse CDT : C++ Editor window, select word under cursor?
- Eclipse shortcut key for toolbar run menu arrow?
- Getting Eclipse to select words with key binding keyboard shortcuts
- Shortcut key for context sensitive help for Eclipse in Mac OS X
- "Ctrl+Shift+Right/Left" doesn't select a word in Eclipse as it ought to do
- What is Eclipse shortcut key to turn on feature that allows when pressing TAB key, for cursor to go to expected position?
More Query from same tag
- Updating SqlCipher from 1.1 to 2.2.2
- Classes and id's from css
- How do I build an Eclipse RCP app so that its features can be updated automatically?
- Show expanded float value in Android
- Eclipse: Not succeeding importing classes from another project
- Modifying Java Paths when deploying WAR
- IntelliJ Idea: code completion for creating method like in Eclipse
- In Gwt where the path of script(appName.gwt.js) which loads gwt app comes from?
- Use Looped Array to take in DataSheet Values
- Show environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- hibernate.cfg.xml not found when run as executable jar
- Adding Robotium for all test projects
- how to add target build in eclipse?
- Driver USB debugging with tablet in android
- Java/Eclipse suggests method parameters
- How can I change the title of my Eclipse RCP at runtime?
- (Eclipse) Unable to display markers / nullpointerexception googlemaps api android
- Timeout when starting Tomcat from Eclipse
- lockAndInitHandle error on Windows 8
- Servlet exception in java
- notepad.exe is not opening in tomcat but works in eclipse
- Web Deployment Assembly not used by Tomcat7
- this error: emulator-5554 disconnected! Cancelling com.something activity launch'
- Eclipse trouble when trying to add new class
- Eclipse Workspace problems over Microsoft OneDrive
- Bluetooth sharing - Android
- Have Subversion (in Eclipse) Ignore Specific File
- Eclipse autocomplete with $this->test
- close Eclipse editor if file is open twice
- Different relative file path during execution in Eclipse and Java