please, check link

configration your eclips.

install new software in your eclips, put this link

and install edit


updating from kepler sr1 to kepler sr2 solved this for me. i've just installed over the existing installation, so none of my settings were harmed.

win8.1, 64bit


i solved the problem very easily in windows.

go to control panel -> network and sharing center -> windows firewall -> turn off windows firewall

and try to install again and see the magic :)


i removed the site from the list of sites, restarted eclipse, invoked help/update, re-added the site, invoked help/update again, which now runs fine.


as @zainali suggested i also solved this for the 21.1 android sdk tools update by removing the site and re-added it. to do that click on the "available software sites" link in the available software dialog and remove appropriately. then come back to the help / install new software and re-add it. i would post a picture if i had the rep.


my initial adt url was and that was giving me this error.

i solved it by replacing https with http and running the update again.


for the latest update, i had to use the url

please note the "https" as well as the "/" at the end of the url.


just had the same issue.

i removed the site and then re-added it, then everything downloaded fine.


uncheck “contact all update sites during install to find required software” (this is causing the error message above).

Related Query

More Query from same tag