ignore it. eclipse is a jerk. you can tone it by setting window > preferences > web > javaserver faces tools > validation > type assignment problems > method expression signature incompatibility to warning or ignore (it defaults to error).
image borrowed from this blog in all courtesy.
the reason is, eclipse expect the
action attribute to always return
void. whilst indeed unspecified in jsf
action attribute, the el method expressions themselves actually also support
void methods. the overzealous message in turn suggests that the underlying logic responsible for this validation is incapable of determining the individual method arguments and thus it tries to compare the raw method signature against a collection of allowed signatures, which ultimately get shown in the message if no match was found. based on the message, this problem may also disappear when the method has 20 or more arguments ;)
this is fixed in eclipse luna sr1, nearly 6 years after the issue was reported. the severity has been decreased from error to warning. you may still want to put it yet lower to ignore.
- Method must have signature "String method() ...[etc]..." but has signature "void method()"
- Method must have signature "String method()" but has signature "void method()"
- Getter gets called as many times as there are values in ArrayList for h:dataTable and Eclipse says "Method must have signature "String method ..."
- Class has virtual method but non virtual destructor C++
- I think I've overridden a virtual method but I'm still getting: "X must implement the inherited pure virtual method Y"
- Run a CHILD in Eclipse of which the PARENT class has the main method but the CHILD class itself is just a class without the main method
- How to check if String has a Dot, but not in front or in the end?
- Eclipse Ivy plugin says jruby has an unresolved dependency, but jruby 1.6.6 doesn't have any
- define the main method as: public static void main(String args) or a JavaFX application class must extend javafx.application.Application
- Eclipse package explorer have different icons for each file type: interfaces, abstract classes, etc
- What's the meaning of this in Eclipse: "Path for project must have only one segment."
- How can I automatically update the Javadoc when changing the method signature in Eclipse?
- Eclipse bug: This project has the JPA facet, but no JPA project could be created
- The connection to adb is down, and a severe error has occured.You must restart adb and Eclipse.Please ensure that adb is correctly located
- The parent project must have a packaging type of POM
- Eclipse/javac disagree on compiling signature with default method collision; who is right?
- How do I modify the set method signature that Eclipse auto generates?
- Add Maven nature to existing Eclipse project that has pom but no Maven submenu
- Why I have "Setting airplane_mode_on has moved from android.provider.Settings.System [...]" into the logcat when my app has nothing to do with that?
- Can I have more than one class containing the main() method in a Java project?
- Can I "Force Return" from a void method in the Eclipse debugger?
- String search: has Eclipse IDE got a modern "find" UI (a la Firefox)
- I have build errors with m2eclipse but not with maven2 on the command line - is my m2eclipse misconfigured?
- Does eclipse have a debugger "step into selected" option that prompts for the method to step into?
- android project has red x but no errors in code
- Override method but parameter is arg0
- why is this code not compiling with javac but has no errors in eclipse?
- Gradle build successful but has failures
- In Eclipse, how do you find methods that you have defined but not used/called anywhere in the app?
- Eclipse refactor: change constructor method signature for all subclasses
More Query from same tag
- Data Storage (Date, Time and Button Id) into some text file and editing that file for Logging
- how to select date from calendar popup using selenium path in eclipse
- UML metamodel not found in createing Acceleo project
- SWT not enabled shell
- what is the recommended system requirement for using eclipse and maven plugin?
- Password authentication every time the application is opened
- Android app not running(emulator not starting from eclipse)
- Eclipse: Searching for a string in selected packages?
- Does eclipse compile the java code internally?
- Eclipse JUnit4: exclude tests using a name pattern
- GoogleMap error
- Generate interface from solid class file in Eclipse
- delete text file java doesn't work
- What causes this error: Missing message for key "index.title" in bundle "(default bundle)" for locale en_US
- Find server in JBoss Studio 8 through eclipse
- How do I set a bookmark in Zend Studio?
- Android SDK 20 update breaks graphical layout in Eclipse
- Android: 2.1 AND install on SD-card feature for 2.2+ users
- Any reason to clean up unused imports in Java, other than reducing clutter?
- C++ development in Eclipse, cannot find compiler
- Why isn't SVN Checkout an option for me when I'm creating a new project in Eclipse?
- Importing classes from other projects in Eclipse?
- Perforce: submit files with "Version in workspace is not latest version"?
- Xtext Elements Access
- How to access External Micro SD card of the phone?
- Assistance with Gradle in eclipse
- How to copy dependencies to gae war/WEB-INF/lib
- Pydev debugger error - NameError: name 'psort' is not defined
- Pre-fill new functions in Eclipse and Pydev with docstring and "Not Implemented" exception
- java.lang.ClassCastException - Deploying WAR to GlassFish 3.1.2. - Invalid JNDI lookup, maybe?