there are also other choices for java ides. you've obviously found eclipse, but you also may want to check out intellij and netbeans. intellij is not free, but has a 30 day evaluation period and a visual studio key map :)
shop around, find one that you like and start to use it heavily. they are all very good ides, and i'm sure once you use one for a while you'll get comfortable with it.
i'm gonna play devils advocate here and say that forcing you to use
this.mystring is actually much safer than just
mystring could be defined locally (in the method) or in the class as a private member. i sometimes think visual studio is a bit cavalier about this. in the sample you mention (i saw the video but it was illegible) where is
if you start typing the name of any class/variable visible in the current scope and hit ctrl+space, it'll bring down the autocompletion.
by default, tab is used to move around autocompleted function call arguments.
have you tried using the visual studio keybindings available in eclipse ganymede (3.4)?
(you may want to know that "intellisense" is a visual studio-term, an probably unknown to anyone without visual studio-experience. "autocompletion" is probably a more widely used term.)
- Making Eclipse behave like Visual Studio
- Making Formatter in Eclipse behave like Visual Studio
- Make Eclipse auto completion behave like Visual Studio intellisense?
- How to Create a Region in eclipse like Visual Studio
- Autocomplete in eclipse like in visual studio
- In eclipse for java Is there anything like Visual Studio Custom Debugger Visualizers
- Eclipse juno : open file but not in a new tab, like in visual studio 2012
- Does Eclipse have this extensibility Feature like Visual Studio without any coding?
- how to make section break in eclipse like visual studio
- How can I get Eclipse PHP-IDE to collapse #regions with PHP like Visual Studio does with C#?
- Eclipse Code Completion (Java) / IntelliSense like in Visual Studio (C#)
- Visual Studio 2008 automatically add namespaces like Eclipse
- Visual Studio 2012 IntelliSense Info like Eclipse
- Can I create Project Template on Eclipse like on Visual Studio
- Visual Studio C++ - show function code on mouse hover like in Eclipse
- Java Eclipse - where is the tool box like in Visual Studio
- Making Visual Studio 2010 Look Like Eclipse?
- Eclipse IDE split bottom panel to two like in visual studio
- Eclipse and Background Compile like Resharper in Visual Studio
- eclipse code template like in visual studio to add template
- Visual Studio debug app like eclipse
- Make Eclipse look like Visual Studio 2010
- Android Studio shortcuts like Eclipse
- Eclipse vs. Visual Studio: What are the features in Eclipse that are not present in Visual Studio and vice versa?
- is it possible to edit code while debugging in visual studio, like in eclipse (java)
- change eclipse shortcuts to match Visual Studio
- How to copy error in Android studio like in Eclipse
- Moving From Eclipse to Visual Studio 2008
- Is in Visual Studio an equivalent to the Eclipse "Run Configurations"?
- Visual studio shortcut keys equivalent to eclipse shortcut keys
More Query from same tag
- Android emulator native player on Eclipse
- Android:problem in displaying the progressbar dialog?
- HTTP Status 404 - The requested resource (/ProjectName/) is not available
- Eclipse Strange Errors
- Using multiple ResourceBundles
- Eclipse debugging getting full stack
- Why doesn't the applet run in browser but in IDE?
- Launching a Project in Eclipse
- ImageButtons Size and Placement not working in Eclipse
- Many "cannot be resolved to a type" errors when opening CoGroo project
- How to create a C++ library in Eclipse?
- Android HelloWorld Build Path error
- type mismatched from int to ArrayList
- How to create a library and use it in GWT project?
- How to Integrate ringdroid fork into my Android app
- java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
- How to call a plugin method from another plugin in Eclipse?
- Generate Signed APK Errors
- How to transition from splash page to main activity?
- Android Development and testing on Device eats the phone internal hard disk space
- Show the name of the containing folder in the Eclipse tab of a file
- How to disable android studio unit tests (androidTest)
- Couldn't get JSON response from Java Jersey app using Tomcat or GlassFish server
- Referencing An Eclipse Java Project from a GWT Project
- Unable to create new project in AWS
- Setting up Eclipse for Java
- Eclipse formats String inaccurately in JSP-File
- Eclipse not recognising Java-17
- Make web service work on different server
- Eclipse always shows "add a breakpoint" icon in vertical ruler for every warning