eclipse versions earlier than luna
i'm not certain if this is the best thing to do but i followed the instructions mentioned here with regards to getting rid of the auto generated web resources folder and this seems to also resolve the issue with the missing manifest.mf:
- on your project only : right-click on the project > properties > maven > wtp : check "enable project specific settings" and uncheck "maven archiver generates files under the build directory"
- on the whole workspace : window > preferences > maven > wtp : uncheck "maven archiver generates files under the build directory"
we actually generate our manifest entries as part of the maven-war-plugin when we actually want to package/build the project, but i dont think m2e-wtp uses this. in any event, the manifest file is irrelevant for us in the build that m2e-wtp creates for use within eclipse.
eclipse luna and later
for eclipse luna you have to go:
preferences > maven > java ee integration and uncheck "maven archiver generates files under the build directory".
eclipse luna does not have the path at project properties and the wtp section
just below the above line, i was getting an additional info saying "out of sync" i only ran project clean "my project" and bingo, it worked for me..
m2e-wtp plugin might generating an almost empty manifest.mf in /target/m2e-wtp/web-resources/meta-inf folder, no matter where you place the real manifest.mf have a look at virgo's admin console. just browse the "bundles" category the bundle. you'll see what packages are being imported and exported for real.
so what you can do is copy the manifest.mf to the /$virgo_base/stage/$bundle_webapp/meta-inf directory and hit "redeploy" in eclipse's server view.
replacing manen to an external installation solved it for me.
window -> preferences -> [search maven in the search box] -> installation add a full external maven installation and select its checkbox. apply and restart.
cleaning the project didn't do the trick,there were 2 external jars that were added to the build path removing them and moving them inside pom.xml really fixed the issue for me.
i use eclipse luna and find it useless to enable project specific settings. finally, i found the configure file org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.prefs in project .settings and change the configuration "org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.enablem2ewtp=true". it works after maven build the project. hope this is help to people meets the same case as me. :d
for marte eclipse:
go to: window > preference > marven > java ee integration
uncheck marven archiver generates files under the build directory.
to make sure resources are properly refreshed, as maven cleans up target, you can setup maven build to automatically refresh project + target folder, etc.,.
in my case (eclipse neon), i enabled maven archiver generates files under build directory
manifest.mf is getting destroyed when we try to do maven build using mvn clean install. if we don't want to destroy manifest.mf file, just enter the command mvn install in the command prompt.
and if we missed the manifest.mf file, we can generate by uncheck & check the "maven archiver generates files under the build directory" option in maven - java ee integration as you said.
clean all projects will solve this issue.
right click on project > properties > maven > update project > select last three options > click ok
done. it worked for me
in your pom.xml file check the following thing,
<finalname>write a file name which is your maven buid name</finalname>
- go to pom.xml
- ctrl+a then ctrl+x then ctrl+s then ctrl+v then ctrl+s
- right click on project. maven -> update project
this got solved for me.
right click on your project, go to properties and then to project facets, now go to runtime tab on the right and select the server and click on apply, the error message would be gone.
try eclipse -> project -> clean
then right click your project --> team --> share project --> svn --> choose your svn and ok
everything should be solved
try to select your project, and clean it by using the menu :
then refresh your pom.xml. that worked for me .
this solution works for me rightclick on project --> properties --> maven --> java ee integration --> check enable project specific settings and disable maven archiver generates files
- Multiple contexts with the same path error running web service in Eclipse using Tomcat
- Web resources filtering with Maven war plugin does not work in Eclipse with m2e
- Referencing relative path resources from Android NDK manifest file
- Unable to see Web Resources folder after running eclipse:eclpise for WTP project using maven
- Eclipse : An error occurred while filtering resources
- m2e error in MavenArchiver.getManifest()
- error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
- getting JRE system library unbound error in build path
- Changing Tomcat context path of web project in Eclipse
- Eclipse- Dynamic Web Module 3.0 requires Java 1.6 or newer error while creating new project
- Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : C:\Program
- adb: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
- Target is not a JDK root. System library was not found. Eclipse Oxygen 4.7 + Java9 error
- unbound class path container error in eclipse?
- Eclipse Axis error when creating web service
- make: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop. Eclipse error
- m2e Subclipse Connector error - 'bundle org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core [1.6.0,1.9.0)
- Error in Eclipse: "The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved"
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cognito error "Token is not from a supported provider of this identity pool."
- How to fix m2e error in pom.xml: plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration?
- Ubuntu Eclipse libxml2 error : fatal error: libxml/xmlversion.h: No such file or directory
- Dynamic Web project Error "Loading descriptor"
- "Build path entry is missing" error when trying to create a new project in Eclipse
- No such table error when running a django server from Eclipse
- How to manage shared resources for several web apps in Maven AND Eclipse?
- Error while deploying web application to Amazon elastic beanstalk
- m2e Eclipse indigo gives error
- missing classes after publish web project into tomcat using eclipse wtp
- Error with web application (Eclipse, Spring, GWT) - reportUnusedDeclaredThrownExceptionIncludeDocCommentReference
- web service error
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse IDE installation fails because it can't the find mars repository
- Adding an Android Library Project from command line
- How to Automatically Modify versionName in Manifest during Build?
- cabal install scion-browser fails on Ubuntu 12.04 because haskeline needs Cabal library version >= 1.16
- adding a new button to the toolbar in eclipse 3.7.2
- Button does nothing, but why?
- How to add the ojdbc jar to my project and use it
- (Tomcat 7) Deployed jar not finding files
- Error when attempting to launch Robot Framework, process cannot be cast
- Loading models for autocompletion using PHPDoc @property
- How to create an independent executable jar file
- How to keep .git folder out of a Cloned Eclipse Project
- API 21 Sliding tabs activity
- how do you add sound when you click a button in xml
- How to modify the Eclipse Run Configuration classpath?
- m2eclipse not showing latest artifacts in search
- Android WebView propt URL only once
- run tomcatRun task with debug mode
- Is it possible to change Finish button text to Done in Wizard?
- Eclipse/Tomcat constantly crashing on SESSIONS.ser
- Error while importing android packages class
- Delete cookies & cache from internal web browser of Eclipse
- Eclipse Checkstyle - unable to parse configuration stream
- Eclipse cursor changes to crosshair
- Licenses TFS 2013 and Visual Studio/Eclipse
- best resources to start programming eclipse plug-ins
- SQLitedatabase crash after upgrade
- Android: Add TextView from one activty, to ListView in another activity through a button click
- How to add quotation marks around selected text in Eclipse
- Better way of using tables in android then innumerous if then statements (or switch/case)