you can download jdk6 here http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1573
wish it helps
for mountain lion, apple's java is up to 1.6.0_35-b10-428.jdk as of today.
it is indeed located under /library/java/javavirtualmachines .
you just download
"java for os x 2012-005 developer package" (sept 6, 2012)
in my view, apple's naming is at least a bit confusing; why "-005" - is this the fifth version, or the fifth of five installers one needs?
and then run the installer; then follow the above steps inside eclipse.
i have just ran into the same problem after updating. the jre that is downloaded by osx lion is missing javaruntimesupport.jar which will work but can wreck havoc on a lot of things. if you've updated, and you had a working jdk/jre installed prior to that, do the following in eclipse:
1) project > properties > java build path > select broken jre/jdk > edit
2) select "alternate jre"
3) click "installed jres..."
4) in the window that opens, click "search..."
if all goes well, it will find your older jre/jdk. mine was in this location:
on newer versions of os x you should find all jres (and jdks) under
the old path
has been deprecated.
here is the official deprecation note:
you can download the 10.7 lion jdk from http://connect.apple.com.
sign in and click the
javasection on the right.
the jdk is installed into a different location then previous. this will result in ides (such as eclipse) being unable to locate source code and javadocs.
at the time of writing the jdk ended up here:
open up eclipse preferences and go to java --> installed jres page
rather than use the "jvm contents (macos x default) we will need to use the jdk location
at the time of writing search is not aware of the new jdk location; we we will need to click on the add button
from the add jre wizard choose "macos x vm" for the jre type
for the jre definition page we need to fill in the following:
- jre home: /library/java/javavirtualmachines/1.6.0_26-b03-383.jdk/contents/home
the other fields will now auto fill, with the default jre name being "home". you can quickly correct this to something more meaningful:
- jre name: system jdk
finish the wizard and return to the installed jres page
choose "system jdk" from the list
you can now develop normally with:
- javadocs correctly shown for base classes
- source code correctly shown when debugging
- JDK on OSX 10.7 Lion
- JDK API location on OSX Lion
- Using JDK 7 Or Higher With Android Studio And Eclipse On Mac OSX
- Enable JDK 7 in Eclipse Indigo on Mountain Lion
- "Failed to initialize App Engine SDK at (path)" on eclipse 4.2.2 using Mac OSX Mountain Lion
- Eclipse not Opening After Installing JDK 9 on OSX
- Eclipse won't launch from clean install on OSX Mountain Lion
- Nodeclipse won't run or debug app on OSX Maverick, nodeclipse 0.8.0, and JDK 1.7.03_45
- How to configure PyDev to use 32-bit Python Interpreter In Eclipse, on OSX Lion
- Eclipse plugin Aptana errors on Mac OSX Lion
- Install JDK 1.5 in OSX 10.10 Yosemite
- eclipse juno erlide runtime setup issue on mountain lion osx
- OSX / Eclipse / JDK / Can't run HelloWorld from bash
- Set eclipse ee preference for mac osx lion
- Running C++ with Eclipse on Mac OSX Lion
- AppEngine SDK 1.8.7 failed to install in Eclipse 4.2 (Juno) on OSX Mountain Lion
- Eclipse 3.7.2 + Cordova 1.9 on OSX Lion
- Cannot launch android app from Eclipse on Mac OSX Lion
- A JRE or JDK must be available in order to run Eclipse. No JVM was found after searching the following locations
- Setting JDK in Eclipse
- Maven build failed: "Unable to locate the Javac Compiler in: jre or jdk issue"
- How to specify jdk path in eclipse.ini on windows 8 when path contains space
- How to change JDK version for an Eclipse project
- Eclipse can't find XML related classes after switching build path to JDK 10
- Why does my Eclipse Indigo crash on Ubuntu 13.04 with Oracle JDK 64bit?
- Subclipse in Mac OS Lion shows "Unable to load default SVN client" error
- How do I run Eclipse using Oracle's new 1.7 JDK for the Mac?
- m2eclipse: Eclipse is running in a JRE, but a JDK is required
- How to teach eclipse to generate compact equals() and hashCode() from the jdk 7 Objects class?
- Why can't OSX detect android Galaxy S for USB debugging?
More Query from same tag
- Getting ClassNotFoundException on Android device when running Eclipse mavenized app
- Type error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCom
- Android Eclipse dev enviroment not building dependent libraries
- Multi-database providers support
- Multiline string alignment / indenting in Eclipse
- Multiple Android projects with same GIT submodule
- error in jquerymobile js file eclipse
- Tomcat & Spring Web - Class Not Found Exception org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
- PyDev-Eclipse Python not configured
- How to connect eclipse from local to server
- Automatic Maven project changes resolution with Eclipse
- HEAP DUMP too big to open in Eclipse MAT
- RavenDB query alias in Java
- Missing "Run as... PHP Script" in Eclipse
- No "Convert to C/C++ Project" in eclipse plugin though CDT is installed
- Crash starting new activity? (Intent)
- open eclipse Markeplace
- Is there an eclipse equivalent to the Visual Studio "Command Window"?
- Eclipse neon extra space for minimize/restore editor buttons
- generate ws client with wsdl and axis2
- Print out the images stored in a mysqlite database
- Pressing the "go back" button closes the application
- Can't see Indigo or Helios from Eclipse Check for Updates
- Compiling a debug version without opening the debug perspective?
- Tomcat version 7.0 only supports J2EE 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and Java EE 5 and 6 Web modules
- Tomcat server not running in eclipse with project
- HTC One X and Android debugging on eclipse
- How do I programmatically set the length of Most Recent Used files in Eclipse
- How do you import and use existing libraries in Eclipse?
- Eclipse Upgrade