i had the same issue.
just removed all my worskspace:
c:\users\<name>\.<eclipse similar name>
i have the same error after attempting to update android development toolkit (adt) plugin for eclipse 3.5.
i haven't figured out what caused this but i re-installed (unziped eclipse) to fix it.
my case seems to be invalid jre version.
1.7+ required while i launched with 1.6
plus: i filtered some plugin jars which might be required. so changed to select all
you might be launching your application from a product file which is not linked to the plugin file. reset your workspace and launch using the manifest.mf > overview > testing > launch.
just copying the content of the zip-file to its prefered location from the zip-file will give you this error when you attempt to run the only executable that is visible in the archive. it is named similarly but it is not the real thing.
you should let the archive extract itself to make the installation complete correctly. doing so gives you an executable named eclipse.exe with which you will not get this error.
check jar files in your project which are mentioned in config.ini if not proper then install manually and then follow the following steps:
- select your product configuration file, right-click on it and select run as run configurations
- select "validate plug-ins prior to launching". this will check if you have all required plug-ins in your run configuration. if this check reports that some plug-ins are missing, try clicking the "add required-plug-ins" button. also make sure to define all dependencies in your product. and your application start running
this can a time consuming problem. for those who want to get on with their work because they do not want to waste much time, i would like to suggest that you download the zip file and unpack the zip file and use it. the zip file is available for all major os.
here instead of hitting the download button, which will download the eclipse installer, scroll to the middle area where a list of the various eclipse ides with their respective features are shown. select the eclipse ide of your like and click on the link on the right-hand-side to download the zip or corresponding file for your os version.
if you still want to use your other eclipse installations because, for example, you have plugins installed, then download the eclipse installer and on the right-hand top corner press the icon with 3 minus. after that press update, then after restart, install the version of eclipse ide, which you want (the one that you want to reactivate) in a different folder. the installation will take some time. after the installation is finished you should be able to start your old eclipse ide.
i just went through this. if you want to manually move your eclipse installation you need to find and edit relative references in the following files.
relative to eclipse install dir:
for me in all these files there was a ../ reference to a .p2 folder in my home directory. found them all using a simple grep:
grep '../../../../' * -r
then just hit it with sed or manually go change it. in my case i moved it up one folder so easy fix:
grep -rl '../../../../' * -r | xargs sed -i 's/..\/..\/..\/..\//..\/..\/..\//g'
now eclipse runs fine again.
config.ini file of eclipse
check this three things:
and check whether these jars are in place or not, the jar files depend upon your version of eclipse .
- Eclipse JDT core Java runtime error - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
- "insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment " message in eclipse
- Error :- java runtime environment JRE or java development kit must be available in order to run eclipse
- A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Eclipse
- Eclipse not compiling Groovy scripts into java classes at runtime
- Implement RESTful service in Java EE using J2EE Preview runtime in Eclipse
- Eclipse : Java : OpenCV : "The import org cannot be resolved."
- Java ClassNotFoundException under Tomcat in Eclipse
- Google didnt help - A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Eclipse
- ClassNotFoundException when launching junit tests in Eclipse 2019-12 on Windows when using Java 9+
- A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment::When Eclipse IDE interfacing with Arduino
- Java Eclipse Java Build Path add Projects ClassNotFoundException
- View all methods called during Runtime - Eclipse Java
- Execute a shell script in runtime of Java code from Eclipse
- Compiling java file at runtime works on eclipse but doesn't work from an exported runnable jar file
- Java runtime errors not showing in Eclipse console for particular project
- 16 Thread / 16 core code profiling with Java / Eclipse TPTP on Linux system
- A Java Runtime Environment or Java development kit must be available in order to run eclipse
- Eclipse for C++ asks for Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK)
- Why do I get this error in Eclipse - can it be that Java runtime version is incompatible?
- Compile external Java file during runtime using Eclipse
- Eclipse java project forName() classnotfoundexception
- JDBC Connector - Java EE - Eclipse Kepler - ClassNotFoundException
- Java Eclipse : Hibernate Configuration to AnnotationConfiguration does not work and gives the runtime error
- How to, using an Eclipse Core Expression, evaluate to true if a given java property is set?
- Eclipse Project Access Java Core Classes On Mac OS X
- GWT in eclipse javax.jws.WebMethod is not supported by Google App Engine's Java runtime environment
- Add external JS engine to Eclipse runtime to use Eclipse Java Compiler and <script> in Ant in Java 15
- Eclipse and Java Runtime Environment Portable
- Eclipse can't find Java runtime
More Query from same tag
- How to hide Aptana start page on Eclipse?
- output/log variable value before exit in eclipse
- Google Licensing Library (LVL) is empty googleplaylicensing.jar
- NoClassDefFoundError when starting android project
- External Apache tomcat Server
- Recommended Eclipse-friendly checkstyle configuration for java open source projects?
- Jface dialog with ScrolledComposite
- Web service & client in Java (Using Eclipse Apache Axis 2 Bottom Up Service) - certain codes throw exceptions
- Android drawable speech bubble
- Eclipse ADT won't detect android devices
- get error in debug mode
- Can`t get JRebel to work
- Eclipse forget my Git password and username everytime after I do a push
- Installing and running 2048 game on android device for offline playing.
- Where can I download the JavaDoc for JPA 2.0?
- ClassNotFoundException oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver only in servlet, using Eclipse and oracle
- Eclipse does not copy correct jar to server deployment folder with classifier
- Wildfly : application deployed but not running
- Ant task failing because of classpath
- java.lang.nullpointerexception error: app crashes
- Error: Could not find or load main class ... in eclipse
- Failed project transformation from external jars to maven
- I can't use the debugger in Eclipse Juno
- Rest service in Java runs from Tomcat server but not inside Eclipse
- Why I receive error when use Cover As in Eclipse and not with Junit?
- Eclipse version control - problems with project no longer showing in workspace
- How to Link the CSS in Eclipse?
- Eclipse Mars disable 'revert file' button
- How avoid Eclipse load test-class file in to classpath when Java app run?
- Minecraft Eclipse Error: constrictor call must be the first statement in a constructor