You can do the opposite of what you want to do. Click on the white arrow on the right of the package explorer, select
Filters... and type an expression with wildcards. Eclipse will not show the resources matching this pattern.
You can search for types in your workspace with the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+T or for files in general with Ctrl+Shift+R. You can specify a pattern in the same way you can do for filters.
As others have mentioned, ctrl + shift + r works nicely if you have thousands of files in your project.
Also, I would like to add the following: you can add additional folder into the existing project by the following sequence: File, new, folder. In the pop-up window, select Advanced, select Link to alternate location (Linked Folder), Browse...
To add new file, just do: File, new, source file
After you added the additional file or folder, then at the project root, hit F5 to refresh the project so that the new file and the new folder will be brought into the project.
And then you can use ctrl + shift + r to also find the newly added file of the newly added folders.
Simple. Just press Ctrl + H (Windows),
this will open up the Advanced Search window.
Go to File Search tab and type in the required parameters:
The above example showcases me trying to search for all occurrences of
.xml files within a specific folder
I'm not quite sure if this is what you're looking for... but try ctrl + shift + r
There is a small button with "left right arrows" (link with editor) near Package Explorer. Click that and you can use Ctrl+Shift+R with it. It will show you the current open file in Package Explorer.
Type only partial name in the text field to find your file.
- In Eclipse, in the package explorer, can I find files by name?
- Where can I find the source files of eclipse icons?
- Eclipse now shows only a single method in an editor pane after clicking on the method in Package Explorer view, how can I reset to normal behavior?
- Why does Eclipse open my java files as a tab in the package explorer view?
- How can I keep the Eclipse debugger from automatically expanding the Package Explorer into libraries on exceptions?
- How do you get the Eclipse Package Explorer to show files whose names begins with a . (period)?
- How can I have 2 files of the same name in an eclipse project but in 2 different sub-folders?
- How can I copy to the clipboard an attribute or method name from the PyDev package explorer in Eclipse?
- How can I change the name of *.xml file in the eclipse IDE's project explorer with one of its element
- Create a new java package in eclipse (apart from default package), but can not use the class from external library in the files in this new folder
- How can I retrieve the package name of the object using eclipse development JDT API?
- What is the difference between the Eclipse Package Explorer and the Eclipse Project Explorer?
- How can I configure the font size for the tree item in the package explorer in Eclipse?
- How to prevent Eclipse from showing the opened file in package explorer
- I cannot change the font size of package explorer in Eclipse
- How can I make hidden files display in Eclipse Project explorer when using a RSE linked folder?
- Where can I find the source code for the Android Development Tools (ADT) plugin for the Eclipse IDE?
- Eclipse won't show files in package explorer
- How to get the selected node in the package explorer from an Eclipse plugin
- How can I find an anonymous inner class in Eclipse given only its synthetic name (Class$N)?
- Where can I find the setting for folding / unfolding the import statements in java in eclipse by default
- Eclipse does not refresh project files in package explorer view
- Eclipse cleanup - what are the ".index" files - can I safely delete them?
- Eclipse is trying to build the files in my .svn directories... how can I tell it to stop?
- Can the Gradle Eclipse Plugin attach source jar files to local jar dependencies
- How can I find the version of Scala installed in Eclipse IDE?
- How can I connect to a SFTP server using the "Remote System Explorer End-User Runtime" Eclipse plugin and a .pem private key?
- How can I find the XML files from R.id or R.layout in Android?
- PyDev Package Explorer doesn't show files in Eclipse
- In the activator class of an Eclipse plugin how can I find view instances?
More Query from same tag
- My code wont continue after null shows up
- Indigo Java EE with GlassFish bundle
- How to make condition that jbutton can be clicked only if jtable row is selected
- What are the advantages of IntelliJ over Eclipse?
- Get Eclipse Studio preferences
- Any way (or shortcut) to auto import the classes in IntelliJ IDEA like in Eclipse?
- How to create customise property page for custom navigator
- Using Eclipse 3.5 PDT, how do I stop it from automatically converting <? into <?php ?>?
- junit jupiter run configuration
- Load Image into JLabel not working
- Eclipse SVN Keep Asking "Provide Authentication Information"
- Eclipse dependencies
- use org.eclipse.core.resources method in my java app
- How update Eclipse RCP application?
- How can i specify a appengine devserver port from within eclipse run configuration?
- Error with win32com.dll in Eclipse
- How can I hide all errors from an Eclipse project?
- Java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when using Maven
- How to make your own eclipse?
- Maven Java EE Configration Problem doesn't wanna be solved
- Is the workspace in eclipse completely private from others to reach and view?
- Can't set background image for android
- How to run Clojure-tests in Eclipse?
- Build Command in build setting in Eclipse C/C++
- Questions about developing GAE apps on Eclipse with Clojure
- How do I implement a Player Interface for my game?
- I have a null exception in Android and I cant find where, and worst - why?
- org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
- Environment env.getproperty is not working
- How to include maven libs in war when exporting from eclipse