The currently opened files simply aren't considered special in eclipse - you have far more advanced methods of organizing your files: projects and working sets.
Working sets allow you to define sets of files, which can be used as constraints for many operations. You have to define them explicitly, but then they don't change just because you've closed a file.
There is no find-in-open-files command in Eclipse, no.
I think that the main reason find-in-open-files is not implemented in Eclipse is probably because the set of open files is for many users rather insignificant. (In fact, I don't know (or care) which files I have open. (I even have Eclipse set to automatically close editors/files when they become too many). If I want to navigate to a file, I open it. Limiting a search to the files I currently have open would be completely pointless for me.)
This may come too late for the original poster, but just in case somebody else needs to find out an answer, I had the same problem and found my solution by installing a plug-in named Instasearch. You can get it by going to Help/Eclipse Marketplace and searching for Instasearch.
You can find more about this plug-in in the following address.
Spring produces a stand-alone Eclipse plugin (no dependencies on Spring) called Quick Search
For efficiency, it searches your open files first. So while it isn't purely restricting to opened files as you requested, you can still get a similar effect in practice by just clicking the first results that come up.
There's no way to do that at the moment.
The easiest solution would be to select your files manually (holding CTRL + click on file) and to specify "selected resources" as your search scope.
CTRL+E on Windows or Linux, and Command+E on OSX.
Closest way is selecting several resources in Navigator or Package Explorer view, then press Ctrl+H and choose 'Selected Resources' radio button. It will limit search only to selected files.
- How to search all open files in Eclipse?
- How to search all the files in a project in Eclipse
- Eclipse : how to prevent it from loading all the open files on startup?
- Search for all files in project containing the text 'querystring' in Eclipse
- How to format all Java files in an Eclipse project at one time?
- Eclipse and EGit: How to easily review changes to ALL modified files before committing to *local* repository
- How do I search files in Eclipse so the results shows files that do NOT contain the search term?
- Eclipse - CVS - Changeset - How to copy all changed files into a local system folder?
- How to open all subclasses of a type in Eclipse IDE?
- How to add a line in all java files in eclipse
- How to show all files in Eclipse navigator/explorer?
- Eclipse open all files in project
- How to ignore ALL eclipse project files in svn
- how to add to svn all *.class files from eclipse
- Eclipse - open all files in current working set?
- How can I access which files the user currently has open from an eclipse plugin?
- How to open tar.gz files in eclipse
- How to get the list of files open in active eclipse editor window in eclipse?
- eclipse - how to enable "mark occurrences" for any text and in all files
- Eclipse (Galileo) : How to ignore .svn-base files or *.svn folder in Open Resource dialog?
- How to fix errors in all angular html files in eclipse
- How to grant write permissions to all files in eclipse work space
- How to open multiple files and edit them in eclipse
- how to search and replace a block in files with Eclipse or PowerGREP?
- Eclipse open resource dialog: How to order / sort the search results by project name?
- Eclipse rcp : IFolderLayout, how to keep folder open when all views in it are closed
- Eclipse - Open Resource - How to see only *.js files
- How do I fix when Eclipse show list of open files displays white text on white background in Ubuntu 20.04
- eclipse "find all references" - how do i limit file types for this search
- How to remove files from Eclipse IDE File Search
More Query from same tag
- Copy and past a app?
- Fatal Error While Starting Application (E/AndroidRuntime(4881): FATAL EXCEPTION: main)
- How to inherit External Maven POM in Project POM
- eclipse include custom files (c)
- Running C++ in Eclipse on MacOS
- Trying to execute/debug an existing APK file with Eclipse
- I am using eclipse and it stops responding when I open an android layout file
- Specify local XSD schema in XML file
- tomcat-maven-plugin: Server returned HTTP response code: 403
- How to measure Xtend translation time for each input file
- Using CHelper plugin in IntelliJ for a coding contest
- Is there a way to suppress the "The type (...) collides with a package" warning in Eclipse?
- ResourceException while moving resources
- My bundle is saved but is always null I believe. It never calls the I want to resume my app nicely. Please help
- How can I get back to my latest commit after git reset --hard?
- WSO2 ESB Eclipse Plugin
- I cannot add python interpreter for PyDev in eclipse
- dependency management in c project
- What does this icon mean in Eclipse Project Explorer (a number with an up-arrow)?
- Eclipse don't deploy war file in Tomcat correctly
- How to set console to default view eclipse
- Eclipse Remote System Explorer: create Java project
- I am not able to Drag and Drop in frames
- How to make a new line or tab in <string> XML (eclipse/android)?
- how to connect android to web service and display database on android?
- Get formatted output from eclipse template variable
- Error in Eclipse connecting to respository and installing ADT Plugin on Windows 8
- Compilation error in main method
- Invalid file: google-play-services_lib/build.xml in android
- How would you access Eclipse JDT index?