just right click on the class in the project explorer and select "refactor" -> "rename". that it is is under the "refactor" submenu.
click on the class and press the
alt + shift + r keys, then you can change it to the required name and the corresponding file name will also be changed.
right click on the class->select refactor->rename
i found the answers above didn't give me the guidance i needed (i too expected to be in the code for the .java file, and right-click on the tab and see a refactor option). here's what i did:
- go to the top of the .java module (ctrl+home)
- double-click on the class name that is the same name as the .java module and the class name should now be highlight
- right-click the highlighted class name | open type hierarchy. the type hierarchy should open showing the class name
- right-click the class name in the type hierarchy | refactor | rename | type the new name in the popup window rename type
to rename file using refactoring (which also updates all occurrences of name in other scripts):
- save changes to file before using refactoring/renaming
- in project explorer view, right-click file to be renamed and select refactor | rename -or- select it and go to refactor | rename from the menu bar. a rename file dialog will appear.
- enter the file's new name.
- check the "update references" box and click preview.
- you can scroll through changes using the select next / previous change scrolling arrows.
- press ok to rename file and update all occurrences of the script name in other scripts.
see "php developer user guide > tasks > using refactoring > renaming files".
simply select the class, right click and choose rename (probably f2 will also do). you can also select the class name in the source file, right click, choose source, refactor and rename. in both cases, both the class and the filename will be changed.
just rename the class in the source code.
eclipse will point out an error by underlining the class name with a red squiggly line.
hover on that line with your mouse pointer and eclipse will give you the option to
rename compilation unit.
click on that.
you can rename classes or any file by hitting f2 on the filename in eclipse. it will ask you if you want to update references. it's really as easy as that :)
right click file -> refactor -> rename.
shift + alt + r (right click file -> refactor -> rename) when cursor is on class name. the file and constructors will be also changed.
- How to rename a class and its corresponding file in Eclipse?
- How to get path to class file in eclipse and linux in java?
- How to configure External tool in Eclipse to run a jar file and load other class files?
- Exported JAR from Eclipse - Class file and config.xml file inside jar - How do I use this config file in xx.class
- how to make java class in downloaded project and its r.java file
- How to generate an executable jar file for a maven servlet project in eclipse and execute a class using the jar file?
- How to get selected file name and its package path in eclipse plugin
- How to navigate to the last cursor position in Eclipse if it is in the same file and was not edited?
- Can eclipse extract a second class in class file to its own file
- How to open a file in Eclipse AND jump to a specific line?
- Eclipse Build Error "A class file was not written. The project may be inconsistent, if so try refreshing this project and building it"
- How to set charset encoding property for SVN File and Eclipse
- How can I find an anonymous inner class in Eclipse given only its synthetic name (Class$N)?
- Using Android library in eclipse and jumping to class files instead of source file that is within eclipse workspace
- How to list all properties exposed by a Java class and its ancestors in Eclipse?
- How do I set the Eclipse build path and class path from an Ant build file?
- Eclipse dont have java doc to show information about class and methods. how to attach those? +android
- How to set the class path in Eclipse and Android Studio
- IDEA and Eclipse : How to automatic generate method when extends a class
- How to avoid no main class and no class def found error using DropBox and Eclipse for Java
- Where to put properties file in eclipse and how to access the path both locally and on server
- How to import .owl file into eclipse using Jena and create instances of it
- How to process a Fahrenheit temperature from EditText and print its corresponding Celsius temperature?
- How to disable the rename option from everywhere (i.e, from file menu & context menu) in eclipse plugin?
- How and where CSS in XHTML file of Dynamic Web Project Eclipse
- class file size difference when running javac ant in eclipse and command line
- How to jump to Spring context XML file from Java Class in Eclipse
- How to create a jar file for the eclipse plugin project that should be able to download and run without eclipse software?
- May IDEA resolve maven submodule like eclipse and auto using latest class file
- How to view H2 file and content from within the Eclipse interface?
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse plugins jar
- jooq configuration input parameter on call sp
- Using WxWidgets with Eclipse for C++
- Tomcat v7.0 - http://localhost:8080/ works but my page doesnt
- Configure Eclipse as Go IDE
- Android Marshmallow Permission for my eclipse project not working
- Show JFrame fullscreen at Design Tab - WindowBuilder
- Class path missing for custom generated jar from M2 repo in maven
- Maven Eclipse structure project
- what can i do about these errors?
- Eclipse: How to CLOSE a console View?
- jarsigner is not working in java , therefor the build fails
- Eclipse annotation processing not finding class on classpath
- Unresolved compilation issue junit
- Architexa doesn't work (unable to load class com.architexa.diagrams.editors.RSEMultiPageEditor)
- Eclipse : using C coding style for new extensions
- Nexus 7 tablet not displaying on "Android Device Chooser" in eclipse
- eclipse pdt >> publish from workspace
- Eclipse C++ plugin on ubuntu 13.04
- compile <json/json.h> in eclipse using c++
- Creating multi module Maven Projects in Eclipse
- Error while attempting to connect to an Oracle 12c database using eclipse
- change classes in android sdk
- maven project required sun.javadoc jar
- I need to add JBoss tools to my Eclipse but I am using springtoolsuite (STS)
- Deploying a runnable jar in ECLIPSE by considering dependencies
- Create AVD with Eclipse: Memory Options, Internal Storage, SD Card
- main method in eclipse convention
- Building endpoint values from a function - The value for annotation attribute X must be a constant expression
- Error reading PNG metadata Android UI designer within Eclipse